User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lol again.

Again, you should research reaction time.

And stress.

And the psychological effects during a deadly force encounter.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Completely irrelevant (unless you're arguing that police should shoot anyone who falls to the ground during a confrontation, just in case).

At the time the female cop fired her FIRST shot, the suspect had ceased fighting, tried to run away, been shot multiple times (preventing him from running away), and wasn't actively threatening her.

And then she shot him.
And then she shot him again.
And then she shot him a third time.

Lol again.

And stress.

As chl holders we don't wear body cameras and have an excuse of "reaction time." If they find bullets in the concrete bellow the body, you just went from a self defense scenario to murder.

The guy deserved the rounds he took from the male officer. He did not need and the situation did not warrant a single shot fired from the female officer.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

As chl holders we don't wear body cameras and have an excuse of "reaction time." If they find bullets in the concrete bellow the body, you just went from a self defense scenario to murder.

View Quote

Yup. Scientists just make up "excuses".
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:09:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So because she has shit for" reaction time" that's reason to fire at a man on the ground who is no longer a threat?

I'm not defending the guy who got dead. I'm questioning if I was in the same situation and acted in the same manner as the woman officer, would my self defense shooting just be turned into charges of murder.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:59:30 PM EDT
[#4]
From the looks of things the only charge the female officer might be guilty of is Abuse of a Corpse.  I really don't think her shots made the slightest difference as far as the overall outcome is concerned.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:53:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Remember it was the dumb shit that started it.  If he did not wish to get shot then he should not have pulled a gun.
View Quote

This.  

Entirely preventable by the Perp / Victim / Dumb Ass....

I'm glad the officers had cameras to clearly show they were in the right to light up Dumb Ass for pulling the Faux-1911 on two Cops armed with Real Glocks.

Maybe he believed the stories that those Glocks would "grenade" and the explosions would take out those police officers and his police problem would then be over...  

The Lady cop was late to the party, but the Perp is sole responsible for giving the invitation to that PoPo Pistol Party ...
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:03:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So because she has shit for" reaction time" that's reason to fire at a man on the ground who is no longer a threat?

I'm not defending the guy who got dead. I'm questioning if I was in the same situation and acted in the same manner as the woman officer, would my self defense shooting just be turned into charges of murder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol again.

And stress.

If you were really concerned about getting charged with "murder" I would imagine that you would be feverishly researching this stuff so you would know how to defend yourself.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:30:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:32:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sadly she yelled "GUN", then draw a taser on the man that was aiming the gun at her partner.  It doesn't look like she hit anything after the fact either.
View Quote

Competent would not be a word used to describe her.  Frankly the only reasons she's not in trouble is because the perp was white and her partner, most likely, was the only one to actually hit the perp.  

As others have said if a CHL shot a guy on the ground the CHL would be in deep shit.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:33:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Kind of surprising.
At least by keyboard commando standards:

1. Bad guy pulls gun. Male cop shoots bad guy. Good shoot.

2. Bad guy turns his back and starts to run away. Male cop shoots bad guy more. Questionable shoot.

3. Bad guy falls on the ground. Bad guy isn't pointing a weapon, isn't fighting, and isn't trying to flee. Female officer shoots him three times.
I wouldn't call what the female officer did murder, but I'd she should find a new line of work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

the officer's body cam likely helped the grand jury conclude it was a good shoot...

Kind of surprising.
At least by keyboard commando standards:

1. Bad guy pulls gun. Male cop shoots bad guy. Good shoot.

2. Bad guy turns his back and starts to run away. Male cop shoots bad guy more. Questionable shoot.

3. Bad guy falls on the ground. Bad guy isn't pointing a weapon, isn't fighting, and isn't trying to flee. Female officer shoots him three times.
I wouldn't call what the female officer did murder, but I'd she should find a new line of work.

That's horseshit. The bad guy turned, then turned back and pointed his gun. He was still trying to fight. When he went down he was still trying to turn and face the cops.

You want to stop getting shot? Drop your gun. As long as you have the gun, you're still fighting.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:36:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Competent would not be a word used to describe her.  Frankly the only reasons she's not in trouble is because the perp was white and her partner, most likely, was the only one to actually hit the perp.  

As others have said if a CHL shot a guy on the ground the CHL would be in deep shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sadly she yelled "GUN", then draw a taser on the man that was aiming the gun at her partner.  It doesn't look like she hit anything after the fact either.

I doubt it. If he still had the gun then he was still in the fight. No Texas jury is going to convict someone for shooting a guy with a gun.

Hell, look at that guy down by Houston a few years back. He shot two illegals, one in back and at a distance of several yards while the police were telling him to stay in the house, and the grand jury refused to indict.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:29:49 PM EDT
[#11]
The Charles West shooting in Coppell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pefvPhzcNy8

I guess he rubs people the wrong way, always getting into trouble. Good news is that he was picked up as a BYU football player, he can be Utah's problem after he heals up from his gunshot wound. Adios hombre!
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:48:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The Charles West shooting in Coppell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pefvPhzcNy8

I guess he rubs people the wrong way, always getting into trouble. Good news is that he was picked up as a BYU football player, he can be Utah's problem after he heals up from his gunshot wound. Adios hombre!
View Quote

I guess so!

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:30:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If you were really concerned about getting charged with "murder" I would imagine that you would be feverishly researching this stuff so you would know how to defend yourself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol again.

And stress.

Every combative handgun class I have ever taken which is Tom Givens 1&2, specifically reiterate don't shoot a hostile on the ground unless they are actively engaging you.

Male officer fired something like 9-10 rounds and the man was on the ground layed out. Seconds go by and then she fires at him. Yea, if he would have been black, her ass would be all over the news. If I did that as the hostile was black, I would be George Zimmerman right now.

If you're so knowledgeable on the situation, please explain other than making open ended bullshit comments with not a single ounce of creditable proof or legal merit. Simple fact is, you shoot someone on the ground, you have a nice probability of being tried for something that will cost you alot of time, money, and possibly your life by way of a nice stay in a state sponsored brick 8x8 room with three meals a day. What is saving this woman is she is a woman and the perp is a white male.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:57:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Every combative handgun class I have ever taken which is Tom Givens 1&2, specifically reiterate don't shoot a hostile on the ground unless they are actively engaging you.

Male officer fired something like 9-10 rounds and the man was on the ground layed out. Seconds go by and then she fires at him. Yea, if he would have been black, her ass would be all over the news. If I did that as the hostile was black, I would be George Zimmerman right now.

If you're so knowledgeable on the situation, please explain other than making open ended bullshit comments with not a single ounce of creditable proof or legal merit. Simple fact is, you shoot someone on the ground, you have a nice probability of being tried for something that will cost you alot of time, money, and possibly your life by way of a nice stay in a state sponsored brick 8x8 room with three meals a day. What is saving this woman is she is a woman and the perp is a white male.
View Quote

I'm not going to do the research for you. All the information is out there. You're the one making a generic, "You don't shoot somebody on the ground!"

Watch the video. There is less than a second in between the male officer stop shooting and when the female officer fires. At the moment the female officer fired, the suspect was on his left side, not even completely on the ground. She already made the decision to fire way before when the suspect was still standing with the gun.

How do you feel about somebody getting shot in the back? When you make the decision to fire, the time it takes for you to actually fire is enough time for somebody to turn completely around.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:03:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm not going to do the research for you. All the information is out there. You're the one making a generic, "You don't shoot somebody on the ground!"

Watch the video. There is less than a second in between the male officer stop shooting and when the female officer fires. At the moment the female officer fired, the suspect was on his left side, not even completely on the ground. She already made the decision to fire way before when the suspect was still standing with the gun.

How do you feel about somebody getting shot in the back? When you make the decision to fire, the time it takes for you to actually fire is enough time for somebody to turn completely around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did watch the video. Guy could have possibly had up to a dozen combat effective hits from the other officer and was on the ground.

Again, open ended comment with zero credibility or fact behind it. How does one search for "shooting people on the ground"  case law?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 7:27:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I did watch the video. Guy could have possibly had up to a dozen combat effective hits from the other officer and was on the ground.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Now you are just being silly. You're statements of the facts of the video keep on changing.

Just because somebody is on the ground does not mean they are no longer a threat either.

Again, open ended comment with zero credibility or fact behind it. How does one search for "shooting people on the ground"  case law?

Where did I tell you to search for case law?

Quoted:

Lol again.

And stress.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 5:40:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That's horseshit. The bad guy turned, then turned back and pointed his gun. He was still trying to fight. When he went down he was still trying to turn and face the cops.

You want to stop getting shot? Drop your gun. As long as you have the gun, you're still fighting.

View Quote

This.

All of it.

It's easy to armchair quarterback critique that shit from the safety of your home. Not so much when the bad guy is 3 feet away from you with a firearm.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top