Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2015 4:33:40 PM EDT
Does anyone know of one?  I have an arsenal that needs cleaning and I lack the time / energy.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:51:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Define arsenal. I wouldn't trust someone to come into my home and do such a thing.

That said I'll do it for $60 an hour.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:09:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd just want to keep a couple as payment.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:31:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Where are you located? We clean firearms for $35.00 each.

ETA: We own a gun shop in Liberty Hill, NW of Austin.  Shoot me an IM if we can help you out.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:50:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I can do as I'm outside of Austin.  I'll just need to know the combination to your safe and what hours you work so I don't disturb you.

Seriously, first mobile lawn service, dog grooming and now this?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:56:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Perfect chance for some shady individual to substitute cheaper parts for quality parts in your AR.

Vince
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:16:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Really?

Grab a beer, (some might frown on this so I really mean just one beer) and start cleaning.

I find it therapeutic.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:12:25 AM EDT
[#7]

#firstworldproblems

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:43:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Sent You IM

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:45:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I've actually seen a mobile gun cleaning trailer somewhere in Austin - although I would trust one of the guys on the TX HTF way before a complete stranger with my guns.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:46:28 AM EDT
[#10]
http://www.theguncleaners.com/mobile-trailer.html

No affiliation - looks like they're based out of Waco.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:30:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where are you located? We clean firearms for $35.00 each.

ETA: We own a gun shop in Liberty Hill, NW of Austin.  Shoot me an IM if we can help you out.
View Quote

Off topic, but which one? I'm in Leander.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:36:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Cleaning and tinkering is part of the fun, for me.  Of course, you go to a range and there are the guys who show up with expensive rifles and fire their annual three shot "sight in" and call it good.  Not really gun people.

I neglect my lawnmower, not my guns.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm mobile for the right kind of money
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:49:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for all the IM's and interest.  I found an armourer that has experience with my ultrasonic setup and is willing to do it at a reasonable rate.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:57:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the IM's and interest.  I found an armourer that has experience with my ultrasonic setup and is willing to do it at a reasonable rate.
View Quote

Let us know how it goes and the cost.  I have considered this exact same thing.  

As much as I enjoy working on guns and cleaning to a certain extent, I would much rather spend the limited time I do get in the workshop on new builds and projects vs. scrubbing out a dozen guns after a shoot and/or separating out  a bucket of good once fired brass, different links, and steel case to be tossed.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:57:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

As much as I enjoy working on guns and cleaning to a certain extent, I would much rather spend the limited time I do get in the workshop on new builds and projects vs. scrubbing out a dozen guns after a shoot and/or separating out  a bucket of good once fired brass, different links, and steel case to be tossed.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What happened to your yard guy?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:04:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've thought about taking some of my stuff over there on cleaning day too :)
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:48:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have certainly though about having him sort spent brass and link up belts for me but with all the rain he has been busy keeping the yard in check.    Usually by this time of year he is just mowing dormant grass and dirt.  He is also helping me rebuild the deck off the back of our place, so I have him pretty tapped out.

He also has no weapon experience so there would be a training period.   Would be nice to have somebody turnkey who knows how to clean guns and who I don't have to teach how to strip and reassemble a Ruger MarkIII, etc.

I did recently put him to work on Jestertoo's Metal Mill cleaning all the rust off of it.  Guy spent all day with a wire brush and oil scrubbing off a couple years worth of rust, so he is certainly capable of making metal things shiny and spotless.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:07:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Attempt at advertising or just feeling the market out?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:57:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Would be nice to have somebody turnkey who knows ... how to strip and reassemble a Ruger Mark III...
View Quote

whoa, that's a little extreme!
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:28:17 AM EDT
[#21]
The only gun shop in Liberty Hill, A Texas Girl's Guns.  Located at the intersection of W Hwy 29 and Ranch Road 1869.  Come see us.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:34:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would be nice to have somebody turnkey who knows ... how to strip and reassemble a Ruger Mark III...

You only have to do it once to never forget..... Kinda sorta like putting a 1911 together. God those guys were RubeGoldbergs.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:52:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You only have to do it once to never forget..... Kinda sorta like putting a 1911 together. God those guys were RubeGoldbergs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

To this day I will never forget my first assemble of a new 1911.  Never found the spring or the barrel bushing
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:08:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Friend of mind bought a disassembled Ruger Mark II dirt cheap years ago. Original owner took it apart, couldn't figure out how to reassemble it, finally gave up and sold it instead! lol
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 11:21:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

That blows my business mind.  Do you know how many guns one would have to clean to pay for that set up?  I can see a where a low cost vaccination on wheels program could justify that but how many people are too lazy or busy to clean their guns in an area to pay for that rig? Maybe if every household owned multiple guns and shot on a weekly basis. Otherwise I would think you would spend most of your time stuck in traffic getting to those rare individuals plus it's not like it's going to be a regular thing like a maid or pool cleaning service.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:34:36 AM EDT
[#26]
The Ruger is like a Rubics Cube for me.  I doubt most folks could assemble one the first time without help.  I'm grateful for the Internet and forums like this which have saved so much time, energy, and money.  I remember getting my first rifle and taking to gunsmith to help disassemble - $75 and a quick pull of trigger guard made me feel like an idiot.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:15:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That blows my business mind.  Do you know how many guns one would have to clean to pay for that set up?  I can see a where a low cost vaccination on wheels program could justify that but how many people are too lazy or busy to clean their guns in an area to pay for that rig? Maybe if every household owned multiple guns and shot on a weekly basis. Otherwise I would think you would spend most of your time stuck in traffic getting to those rare individuals plus it's not like it's going to be a regular thing like a maid or pool cleaning service.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Idk about Waco, but I bet their Southlake branch has enough rich people using them to make money.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 5:36:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Idk about Waco, but I bet their Southlake branch has enough rich people using them to make money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

those guys are at gunshows,matches etc. Penty of people dont like cleaning including myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top