Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 2:29:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Never have any problem speaking my mind. I do CCW to church. After mass one day just tell the preacher that if he has a problem with guns in church you have no problem taking your pistol, prayer book and pennies and praying some where else! If he changes his mind put a sign out front "Guns Welcome!" and you will be back. Just remind him, " if Jesus had a gun he would still be alive!".
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 7:38:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You can disagree with the idea of prohibiting concealed carry in church, but to trot out Luke 22:36 as some sort of proof that Jesus wants us to be armed tough guys is completely missing the point of that verse.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jesus speaking in Luke 22:36

He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

You can disagree with the idea of prohibiting concealed carry in church, but to trot out Luke 22:36 as some sort of proof that Jesus wants us to be armed tough guys is completely missing the point of that verse.

As I read it, he is acknowledging that we should be able to protect ourselves.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 8:07:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Would Jesus give a shit where a kid was born? I get it if you can't afford it etc...but if your only reason against helping a kid out is the country their parents happened to have fucked in and spit them out in.... Well bub...you're missing the point of those sermons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Time to find a different church IMO. A few months back when the illegal  immigrant children were all in the news our pastor made the suggestion that we as parishioners should put some of these kids up in our homes and sponsor them to become citizens. Well I can tell you that went over like a turd in a punch bowl. I knew he had a liberal bent but it was now confirmed.

Vince

Would Jesus give a shit where a kid was born? I get it if you can't afford it etc...but if your only reason against helping a kid out is the country their parents happened to have fucked in and spit them out in.... Well bub...you're missing the point of those sermons.

I'm just going to +1 this rather than type the sarcastic reply that came to mind.

There is a fundamental difference between a politically liberal position (that the government should take money from one person and give it to another) and a charitable position (that we should help other people), even when they advocate the same outcome.

Originally Posted By Arfcom
Originally Posted By Jesus
I'm going to feed these people, because they are hungry.

DU is that way  ---->

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:22:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So when he walks through Kroger and see some big dude that works out does he get nervous? Should working out be banned? What about a group of 3-4 men in Kroger? Does he worry about them? Should adult males be banned from being in a group of more than two?

When you write guns are used to hold up people, car jack people and in break-ins. What you really mean is that it is mainly MEN who are doing these things. Maybe you would just like to ban men?

Yes people with guns in their hands kill people. Except it is a tiny TINY minority of people with guns that do this. People with knives and bats and fists also kill people.

Why do you fear your congregation? Why are you insecure?

What would Jesus say? Well I imagine he would tell us to love one another and not to commit murder. I think we can manage not to do that if we open or conceal carry.

Your pastors fears are irrational.
View Quote

Word.

CMOS
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:24:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:48:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No.

You can defend yourself, but that verse ain't it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

No.

Care to share your understadning of that verse
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:59:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Never have any problem speaking my mind. I do CCW to church. After mass one day just tell the preacher that if he has a problem with guns in church you have no problem taking your pistol, prayer book and pennies and praying some where else! If he changes his mind put a sign out front "Guns Welcome!" and you will be back. Just remind him, " if Jesus had a gun he would still be alive!".
View Quote

Just remember you start bending over for people and you will be bending over the rest of your life. Remember the preacher serves at your will.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 10:11:44 AM EDT
[#8]
You know, I probably would not OC in church, although I do regularly CC.

What bothers me most about his attitude is that he seems to feel that unilaterally he can prohibit OC in church without so much as a discussion with the Congregation.

In addition, his blog clearly states that he "doesn't care what (we) think about carrying guns".

So, he basically proclaimed himself a king. . . .

CMOS
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 12:50:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

As I understand it. Jesus was going to enter Jerusalem to complete the prophecy in Isiah. He was destined to be arrested like a criminal, put on trial like a criminal, and even crucified like a criminal. It is believed by many that by having weapons, like a sword, when he was arrested, it would add credibility to the accusations that we was a criminal.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:03:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

You know, I probably would not OC in church, although I do regularly CC.

What bothers me most about his attitude is that he seems to feel that unilaterally he can prohibit OC in church without so much as a discussion with the Congregation.

In addition, his blog clearly states that he "doesn't care what (we) think about carrying guns".

So, he basically proclaimed himself a king. . . .

CMOS
View Quote
I would ask your church elders about this.  If they do not address this or are in agreement, then the biblically sound thing for you to do is to quietly leave he church, and wish them the best.  Do not be divisive or make a stink...show maturity as a man and as a Christian.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top