Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 2:17:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Now there's a confirmed powerful tornado on the ground in western Blanco Co. in Round Mountain on 281 right now and may be heading toward Spicewood where we live.  Hope the cabin doesn't turn into a houseboat.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 4:30:16 PM EDT
[#2]
For those volunteering:

We have set up an email account for use by the public to volunteer equipment and volunteer service organizations: [email protected]
If you have equipment that you would like to offer for use during the clean up the flood areas, send an email with a complete detailed list of what resources/equipment you have to offer. Include a Point of Contact name with email address and telephone number. It will be forwarded to the administrator and you will be contacted if your equipment can be utilized.
If you are part of a volunteer organization, please email with Point of Contact name, email address and telephone number and number of available persons in your group. It will be forwarded to the administrator and you could be contacted for possible deployment.
Beginning tomorrow afternoon, we will have a Volunteer Coordinator Contact for individuals who want to assist on an individual basis. We are not prepared to accept people for this today. We will notify the public when the system has been set up.
We appreciate all of your patience during this incident.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#3]
its pretty sporty up here again...
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 6:22:17 PM EDT
[#4]
We just got 5" of rain in an hour.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:04:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Shoal Creek in downtown Austin is flooded.  Looks like it's 1981 all over again.  House Park is flooded.  My work backs up to Shoal Creek, wonder if it's flooded.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Just got home (Austin) from new braunfels and it was dumping the hole time!  Blanco and San Marcos rivers did not get up to the bridge though (thankfully)
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:08:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shoal Creek in downtown Austin is flooded.  Looks like it's 1981 all over again.  House Park is flooded.  My work backs up to Shoal Creek, wonder if it's flooded.
View Quote

I played football and ran track at House Park as a teenager. It's now 6' under water. I just watched them rescue the guy clinging to the telephone pole.

My lawyer's office is on 13th. Hope he didn't flood.

I'm standing on the back deck here on Travis watching deer looking in awe at the rising water level on the grass land where they normally browse.  They weren't even born the last time Travis had this much water in it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:45:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Travis 650.67 feet and rising ! 631 last Saturday morning ! 20+ feet in one weekend !
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:50:34 PM EDT
[#9]
From the LCRA site;

Llano River at Llano 5/25/2015 6:40 PM20,760.5 CFS 6,299 CFS yesterday

Pedernales River near Johnson City 5/25/2015 6:40 PM17,094.2 CFS 6,438 CFS yesterday

Those are big slugs of water !
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:29:28 PM EDT
[#10]
The .gov people are Wimberley today we're talking flow rates in excess of 140-150,000 cfs the other night..

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:04:50 PM EDT
[#11]
WOW, it's terrible that much water hit the Blanco. It would have been so much better up on the Highland
Lakes watershed.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:53:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I played football and ran track at House Park as a teenager. It's now 6' under water. I just watched them rescue the guy clinging to the telephone pole.

I'm standing on the back deck here on Travis watching deer looking in awe at the rising water level on the grass land where they normally browse.  They weren't even born the last time Travis had this much water in it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was in marching band in HS in the late '80s and marched in House Park many times.  

So my oldest daughter and I ventured downtown to see the carnage.  5th and 6th streets were both closed at Lamar and Rio Grande.  There was water over the street on 6th right in front of GSD&M and I could see a car stuck in it with water halfway up the door.  Turned to go north on Lamar which was shut down at 9th St.  Water was up to the gas pump handles at the 7-11 on the corner of Lamar & 10th.  No doubt 7-11, Shoal Creek Saloon, and the businesses across from them were flooded.

I was eventually able to make it to my work building which backs up to Shoal Creek.  Water was about a foot under the arch of the 6th St. bridge over Shoal Creek.  I talked to an APD officer that was there and he said it had peaked about an hour before we got there and was receding as quickly as it had risen.  He said the water never actually went over the 6th bridge but was ~6" below the street surface because the creek had spread out over other areas.  My work did not get flooded but water had gotten real close to the foundation.  When we got there the walkway along Shoal Creek was submerged several feet but when we left 45 minutes later was already out from the water.  I'm sure House Park and the whole Lamar & 10th St. is a mucky mess.  Lady Bird Lake looked fairly swollen.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 12:33:41 AM EDT
[#13]
I thought the rain was past us.  Last time I checked radar was a couple of hours ago and it looked everything was well on its way to the coast.  For the past half hour I thought I was hearing airliners overhead but it's thunder.  Just went outside and it's raining again (albeit a light rain) with a good amount of thunder and lightning.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 8:18:01 AM EDT
[#14]
I just read KXAN 36 News about the twelve people missing in Wimberley.  Damn tragic as they all appeared to be good people which is getting rare theses days.
One man who lost his wife and kids was able to crawl out 12 miles downstream in San Marcos.  They were in a house that floated away until it broke up.  Their dog was found stuck in the top of a tree.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:35:07 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I just read KXAN 36 News about the twelve people missing in Wimberley.  Damn tragic as they all appeared to be good people which is getting rare theses days.

One man who lost his wife and kids was able to crawl out 12 miles downstream in San Marcos.  They were in a house that floated away until it broke up.  Their dog was found stuck in the top of a tree.
View Quote

News report I heard this AM was 4 deaths and 12 still missing....more rain expected through the week.

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:58:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I read the article today about the floods in Texas and specifically in Wimberley on MSN. The comments are unbelievable. The red appears to be a sad but true  statement.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 11:13:49 AM EDT
[#17]
I just read where they found one of the missing victims bodies, a man, on the Blanco in front of a friend's house that I'm sure is no longer there.  My friend and his wife had a large track of riverfront and were trying to decide where to build.  I suggested a place on a beautiful stretch where crystal clear water ran  2-3' of over a broad flat limestone bottom with looming limestone bluff on the other side. They have since moved but I have that stretch of river cutting into the mountain as my screen saver.  I had a hunch they would find someone there.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 11:23:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I just read where they found one of the missing victims bodies, a man, on the Blanco in front of a friend's house that I'm sure is no longer there.  My friend and his wife had a large track of riverfront and were trying to decide where to build.  I suggested a place on a beautiful stretch where crystal clear water ran  2-3' of over a broad flat limestone bottom with looming limestone bluff on the other side. They have since moved but I have that stretch of river cutting into the mountain as my screen saver.  I had a hunch they would find someone there.
View Quote

Is this the spot at the end of Flight Acres or further down?

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Further down I believe, at the end of Water Park Road.  It's part of River Mountain Ranch, past where Lone Man Creek empties into the Blanco.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top