Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2015 1:49:55 PM EDT
It seems there has been a change from the last legislative session regarding changes in the CHL law regarding pistols that "print". Have the rules been modified or relaxed to our benefit? Unfortuanately, this new "open carry" bill will be next to useless for me and any of us who carry a pistol inside our belt and under our shirt "Mexican Style"  or via means of a clip (devices like "clipdraw").  Sometimes, out of convenience, many of us may just at the moment decide to carry our pistol in this manner when we stop off to do shopping, or we step into a restaurant or convenience store, etc.. The new open carry bill specifies that a shoulder or hip holster will be required, or at least  something other then my pistol stuffed into my belt with a clip.

So, for me, I'm more interested in hearing about relaxing the current carry laws concerning the visible print of a concealed gun........ and that maybe I need not worry about getting detained/busted if some goody two-shoes soccer mom or Democrat liberal happens to make out my pistol underneath my shirt and calls a cop.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 2:33:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 3:08:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Well the text now reads "intentionally displays the handgun in plain view of another person in a public place."

"Printing" is not a legal term, nor is there any law about it on the books.  Carry on
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 5:29:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

It seems there has been a change from the last legislative session regarding changes in the CHL law regarding pistols that "print". Have the rules been modified or relaxed to our benefit? Unfortuanately, this new "open carry" bill will be next to useless for me and any of us who carry a pistol inside our belt and under our shirt "Mexican Style"  or via means of a clip (devices like "clipdraw").  Sometimes, out of convenience, many of us may just at the moment decide to carry our pistol in this manner when we stop off to do shopping, or we step into a restaurant or convenience store, etc.. The new open carry bill specifies that a shoulder or hip holster will be required, or at least  something other then my pistol stuffed into my belt with a clip.

So, for me, I'm more interested in hearing about relaxing the current carry laws concerning the visible print of a concealed gun........ and that maybe I need not worry about getting detained/busted if some goody two-shoes soccer mom or Democrat liberal happens to make out my pistol underneath my shirt and calls a cop.
View Quote

" PRINTING " Is a made up term by tin hat wearing screwballs who have an unnatural fear of cops.

As you have read already, nowhere in the laws does it say any such thing. But it does say INTENTIONAL FAILURE TO CONCEAL.  

Bending over to get a gas can on the ground would not only be a normal movement, but nowhere could that be assumed to be an intentional act to show off your gun.

" what did he do maam?

....... he bent over to get that gas can AND I SAW A GUN!

" thanks maam, its not illegal, have a nice day "

Done.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

" PRINTING " Is a made up term by tin hat wearing screwballs who have an unnatural fear of cops.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:33:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly my point, by your dismissive response.  It's a big crock of lizard dung.  Nobody is being arrested and put in the slammer for this.  If they are, it's willful corruption at the county prosecutors office because they must prove INTENT.

Can you show me a case that was prosecuted?

To answer the OP, literally, there are no laws related to, describing, or set up to prosecute what someone calls PRINTING.

Is this illegal?

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:45:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Exactly my point, by your dismissive response.  It's a big crock of lizard dung.  Nobody is being arrested and put in the slammer for this.  If they are, it's willful corruption at the county prosecutors office because they must prove INTENT.

To answer the OP, literally, they are no laws related to, describing, or set up to prosecute what someone calls PRINTING.

Is this illegal?

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/1914010905/2015-women-s-handbag-fashion-font-b-pistol-b-font-bag-day-clutches-envelope-bag-preppy.jpg

http://gunfreezone.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/handbag-gun.jpg

View Quote

I never said anybody was. I just think you're coming unhinged over nothing.

After reading that post, I'm seriously wondering if you're actually insane.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:22:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To answer the OP, literally, they are no laws related to, describing, or set up to prosecute what someone calls PRINTING.

Is this illegal?
http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/1914010905/2015-women-s-handbag-fashion-font-b-pistol-b-font-bag-day-clutches-envelope-bag-preppy.jpg
http://gunfreezone.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/handbag-gun.jpg

Thats gotta be the dumbest,  irrelevant reply to a post I've seen in a while.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:40:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, he might have a point - you have been creative in your descriptions: tin hat wearing screwballs & big crock of lizard dung....  Have you been drinking or watching Mystery Science Theater 3000 recently?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:39:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:11:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

Not half as irrelevant as your idiotic off the rails reply to my post. You made a stupid comment about printing, a common term that has nothing to do with what you claimed. Then you really went full retard after that.

One just isn't enough.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:51:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not half as irrelevant as your idiotic off the rails reply to my post. You made a stupid comment about printing, a common term that has nothing to do with what you claimed. Then you really went full retard after that.

One just isn't enough.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One just isn't enough.

No he didn't
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:57:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:06:16 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't understand why numbers is all offended over r2kba's presentation? I've never seen the word "printing" in a statute or anything like that anywhere... Anyone got a link?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:09:36 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I don't understand why numbers is all offended over r2kba's presentation? I've never seen the word "printing" in a statute or anything like that anywhere... Anyone got a link?
View Quote

I'm not offended over it, I just think his explanation of it was stupid. It's not just a term made up by cop haters to persecute him, it's a common term that just describes the imprint of your gun showing. That's it. It's been used for years in CCW discussions that have nothing to do with cops or laws.

Somehow that translates into me saying people have been arrested for it.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:18:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:23:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:34:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So if the more cumbersome phrase "accidentally displaying a concealed handgun" had been used instead of "printing", fewer panties would be bunched?
View Quote

No ones panties are bunched.

Under Texas law, printing doesn't exist.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:43:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

For open carry, yes, but you can still cc your gold plated 1911 Mexican Style as you wish.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top