Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2015 5:28:42 PM EDT
I went by Elm Fork last weekend and saw they were completely flooded out.

Does anyone know the status of any other ranges? Gibson's? Garland? Any others?
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 5:55:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Dallas Pistol Club is still open
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 6:38:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Garland public shooting range.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:04:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

They're on the Trinity River bottom.  I have been going there since the mid 70's, and it always floods.  That is the specific reason the club house is built on that hill.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#4]
What about all their throwers for sporting clays.  Do they let them snorkel or gather them up before any possible big rain events.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:57:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Do they still do the gay 1 second between shots?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:52:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most ranges do.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:05:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They're on the Trinity River bottom.  I have been going there since the mid 70's, and it always floods.  That is the specific reason the club house is built on that hill.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their web site says they are closed through the 27th, but I would check again before heading out...it could last longer.

They watch the weather pretty close and haul all of the throwers to high ground.  That is a good plan for the "little floods" but big, sustained flood stages can damages stuff and take some work to get back to normal.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:31:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Dallas Pistol Club is still open
View Quote

Private club, but open to public on most weekends for competitions. Quite a few of the competitions have been cancelled lately due to the weather.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:57:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Most ranges do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most ranges do.

Red River up in Sherman doesn't. Frisco gun club let's you double tap. Haven't been in ages, but I think DFW gun range let's you shoot fast if you're being accurate.

Years ago I went to Garland quite a bit. But they were real Nazis about slow shooting.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:16:35 PM EDT
[#10]
The downside to Garland is their no FMJ rule.

I went to DFW Gun Range today. First time I've been there since the fire. They really made it nice on the inside, and the staff is a lot friendlier.

Don't really care much for having to get my picture taken whenever I go to shoot though. Oh well.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:12:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Don't really care much for having to get my picture taken whenever I go to shoot though. Oh well.
View Quote

The fuck...?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:57:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The downside to Garland is their no FMJ rule.

I went to DFW Gun Range today. First time I've been there since the fire. They really made it nice on the inside, and the staff is a lot friendlier.

View Quote

DFW gun range was going to be my go-to, but I got moved up to the main office and away from downtown.  Super friendly staff at that place.  The counter dudes loved trying to sell my wife 1911s.  Since I'm more north now  I signed up on-line for the Platinum Family membership at FGC last night.  I liked the 100 yard indoor rifle range when I tried it out last week.  Now I need to make sure I got at least twice a month to make it worthwhile.    Need to have an ARF meetup in Frisco for shooting soon.

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The fuck...?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The fuck...?

When you sign the waiver the iPad takes your picture.

Not really sure what that's about, but I shot there two weeks in a row now so I can't really complain. I went, and then I went back.

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 4:31:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not really sure what that's about, but I shot there two weeks in a row now so I can't really complain. I went, and then I went back.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fuck...?

Well, I guess its no different than having security cameras recording.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:39:43 PM EDT
[#15]
A bit further north is Top Gun in Leonard. Downside is $25 a day to shoot and also no FMJ but I have never been checked.

Vince
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 1:25:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fuck...?

I don't typically have any concerns about security cameras since both the tape and digital systems usually have a systematic loop in which previous footage would be recorded over after a few days.   I would have concerns with my photo and personal info being taken with no apparent retention policy (at least any I could find online) and would make them a no go in my book.   Hopefully they will address this on their web site in the near future.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 5:45:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fuck...?

What are you talking about? I was there last Saturday with a friend and the iPad did not take our picture. We were limited to an hour of shooting due to the high amount of business on weekends.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:51:08 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

What are you talking about? I was there last Saturday with a friend and the iPad did not take our picture. We were limited to an hour of shooting due to the high amount of business on weekends.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The fuck...?

It took mine, twice actually, while I was filling out the waiver form. I didn't notice it until I looked at the copy of the waiver form that it e-mailed to me. It included the pictures it took when I clicked on the adults only, no minors check box and when I signed the form.

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:42:38 AM EDT
[#19]
ETTS in Maypearl has remained open, despite the rain, because its owner, Patrick, laid down tons of asphalt in the bays so you do not get muddy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top