Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2015 2:34:52 AM EDT
I had to leave Houston 13 years ago to help my Mom after surgery. These last few winters in KY have been really hard on both me and my wife, and we have decided  to buy a house in Spring, TX. I'm a native born Texan, and just miss home too much to not go back. My wife fell in love with Texas during several visits over the last few years, so this decision is not unilateral and is fully supported by my crazy Russian bride.

Texas, I'm coming home!
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 5:32:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome back!
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 6:26:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome back Im in Spring also
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:15:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I love this state.  I even like Houston.  I cannot see myself living anywhere else.  I might like to try a few months in the pan handle or in far west Texas someday if I retire but the Gulf costal area is my home and I love it.

Glad to have you back
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:21:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome back Im in Spring also
View Quote

In spring as well...

Welcome back OP!
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:37:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Welcome back!
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:48:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Welcome home.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I moved from Texas to New York for work in 1990. I was miserable the entire time I was there. When We were given the opportunity to return home nothing could have stopped us. My first chore was to get my Texas drivers license back. When it was my turn at the counter I asked the woman behind the counter if I could just renew my license since I had only been gone for two years and knew my license number. She said sure thing, checked my old license number and reissued it on the spot. The she said the words that I will never forget, " welcome home". That's what Texas means to me. Home!
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 2:22:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Welcome back!  We just came back after 8 years in AZ and couldn't be happier.  People are nicer, food is better, gun stuff is a little bit of an adjustment, scenery is better, road trips are better.

You won't regret it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 2:33:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I had to leave Houston 13 years ago to help my Mom after surgery. These last few winters in KY have been really hard on both me and my wife, and we have decided  to buy a house in Spring, TX. I'm a native born Texan, and just miss home too much to not go back. My wife fell in love with Texas during several visits over the last few years, so this decision is not unilateral and is fully supported by my crazy Russian bride.

Texas, I'm coming home!
View Quote

<------Living in north Spring. Have you found a house yet?
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 3:32:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Texas, I'm coming home!
View Quote

Quoted:
I love this state.  I even like Houston.  I cannot see myself living anywhere else.  I might like to try a few months in the pan handle or in far west Texas someday if I retire but the Gulf costal area is my home and I love it.

Glad to have you back
View Quote

Houston gets a bad rap, but it's not bad. Hell, I even like Austin.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 4:01:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Welcome home!  How is your mom doing?
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:06:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Welcome back!  We just came back after 8 years in AZ and couldn't be happier.  People are nicer, food is better, gun stuff is a little bit of an adjustment, scenery is better, road trips are better.

You won't regret it.
View Quote

BBBBBUT I thought AZ was the shit and the best place to be a gun owner?????  
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:10:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Hope you and your russian wife have been practicing Tex-speak.....YA'LL
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:26:07 PM EDT
[#14]
It's "y'all"

And welcome home
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:11:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Welcome back!

Calling Sping "home" as well! Grew up in NC, proud of it, but I've been here since '91 and can't imagine living anywhere else.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 6:05:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You won't regret it.

Az is the best for gun ownership. Not sure about the food and people not being as nice part.

BTW, welcome back. Spring area myself.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:48:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Austin truly is a beautiful city it's just full of hipsters and libs.  Look past that and it is a great place to visit.  It has really grown on me since moving here back in 12.

Welcome back to Texas!!!
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Texas, I'm coming home!

Quoted:

Glad to have you back

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:12:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I moved from Texas to New York for work in 1990. I was miserable the entire time I was there. When We were given the opportunity to return home nothing could have stopped us. My first chore was to get my Texas drivers license back. When it was my turn at the counter I asked the woman behind the counter if I could just renew my license since I had only been gone for two years and knew my license number. She said sure thing, checked my old license number and reissued it on the spot. The she said the words that I will never forget, " welcome home". That's what Texas means to me. Home!
View Quote

Sadly it's a hell of a lot harder to get TX DL back these days.

Getting the same number is not hard.  It's transferring residency so that they may issue a TX DL or ID that has become ridiculous.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 6:41:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Getting the same number is not hard.  It's transferring residency so that they may issue a TX DL or ID that has become ridiculous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine actually wasn't that hard.  Just needed registration and something else to prove I lived in Texas (water bill), something with my SSN (used a W2 since my SS card is still in storage in AZ in my filing cabinet), official, notarized birth certificate to prove I was born here, proof of insurance, my AZ driver's license, finger prints....

Yeah, I guess it was kind of a pain.  I DID get my old DL number back which was nice since I'd had that memorized since the 90s...
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You won't regret it.

AZ is the shit for gun stuff, but other than that, the place is just fucking jammed with irritating yankee snowbirds who flock in starting in September and depart in May.

I fucking hate snowbirds with the passion of a thousand Geritol filled suns.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 1:37:37 AM EDT
[#21]
I grew up in Spring, graduated High School across from the blimp base. Left on New Year's 1986  to come to Califastlan for work, been here almost 30 years now and hoping to come home once I retire.  Might go back to Spring or somewhere in the Hill Country...we'll see.

God I hate it here.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 1:52:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Awesome.  I made TX my home 14 years ago.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:10:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I grew up in Spring, graduated High School across from the blimp base. Left on New Year's 1986  to come to Califastlan for work, been here almost 30 years now and hoping to come home once I retire.  Might go back to Spring or somewhere in the Hill Country...we'll see.

God I hate it here.
View Quote

Honestly I would look elsewhere than Spring. Been here my whole life graduated from Spring High in 99 and remember the old blimp base . Spring hasn't been the same since after Katrina

im looking to move west eventually
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:43:13 AM EDT
[#24]

Welcome home.
We left the gate unlocked. Wipe your feet.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:50:03 AM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:30:42 AM EDT
[#26]
We do have a contract on a place off of Louetta, about a mile, as the crow flies from the HP/Compaq campus on 249 (I worked there for 18 years, while living in Sugarland, it was a hell of a commute!).

Spring is ideally located for us, as it will put us exactly in the middle between our son and daughter's houses. It's also an area I am intimately familiar with, having worked at Compaq, as I did for so many years.

Thanks for the warm welcome home! We are currently trying close on Juneteenth, and effecting the move soon after. Maybe, after we get settled, we can arrange a get together for some of the folks local to the area.

I sorely missed Whataburger, Papadeaux's, & Kolache Factory! Folks around here have no idea what kolache's are!
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 6:17:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top