Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2015 2:11:58 PM EDT
Not my listing.  Wonder if you can shoot off the back porch?

http://www.chron.com/homes/article/Waggoner-Ranch-among-US-largest-listed-for-sale-5681217.php

http://www.waggonerranch.com/

The estate includes the 510,000-acre ranch spread over six North Texas counties, with two main compounds, hundreds of homes, about 20 cowboy camps, hundreds of quarter-horses, thousands of heads of cattle, 1,200 oil wells and 30,000 acres of cultivated land, according to Dallas-based broker Bernie Uechtritz, who is handling the sale along with broker Sam Middleton of Lubbock.

The estate falls within a "super asset class," akin to selling the "Statue of Liberty" of cowboy culture. The Waggoner Ranch is the largest contiguous ranch in the United States.

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 2:18:52 PM EDT
[#1]
For the low, low price of $725M
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 2:53:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

No problem. My monthly payments would be $3,427,907. Will you take a check
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 3:04:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn, we are just trying to sell 400 ac.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 3:23:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote
If you had to ask...................

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 3:39:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Bet that would be a bitch to push mow!

With all the improvements, interests etc it sounds more like a business sale than a land sale haha.

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 5:37:23 PM EDT
[#6]
$1400/acre isn't that bad

Anyone got an extra $bill they can give me? I promise to invite you to my Independence Day party.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 5:45:12 PM EDT
[#7]
What . . . exactly . . . would you like to know about the Waggoner?

I'm pretty familiar with it.      

dp
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 5:50:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

dp
View Quote

Can I buy it now and defer payments until after I'm dead???
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 5:58:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

dp

I believe they have already turned down several similar offers . . . mine included . . . .

Local rumor has it that the ranch has already been sold to a buyer out of Wyoming.

It's a fabulous property. So big that, at one time, it actually had its own state Game Warden.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

dp
View Quote

With that many oil wells and that big of cattle & horse business, wouldnt those profits pay for the note? especially if the other 400,000 acres were tapped for oil?
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 6:55:45 PM EDT
[#11]
No doubt some wealthy middle easterner will snatch it up.

Vince
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 7:22:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Vince
View Quote

Who Obama?

But seriously, I hope it stays intact, whoever buys it up.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 8:46:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Kinda hoping my church will snatch it up. They own quite a few mega ranches currently.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Kinda hoping my church will snatch it up. They own quite a few mega ranches currently.
View Quote

What could a church have planned for a property of this size?  Serious question.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 9:29:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Vince
View Quote

New ISIS training camp now wouldn't that be a bitch if some rich
Saudi extremist bought it!
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 9:59:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Family issues are the worst.  Reading between the lines...  that one appears to be a heck of a family squabble.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 11:23:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The estate includes the 510,000-acre ranch spread over six North Texas counties, with two main compounds, hundreds of homes, about 20 cowboy camps, hundreds of quarter-horses, thousands of heads of cattle, 1,200 oil wells and 30,000 acres of cultivated land
View Quote

Sounds like you'd need a decent-sized corporation just to manage everything.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 11:35:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Big write up lots of pics http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3087774/America-s-biggest-ranch-larger-LONDON-goes-sale-713million-Texas.html

Founded on 1849: Native American Indians on the W.T. Waggoner Estate Ranch

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:53:13 AM EDT
[#19]
I am seriously thinking about low balling them with an offer for $50,000.00 cash.    They may go for it as it is a forced sell.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 5:18:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Great memories for me.

My father worked for the W.T. Waggoner Estate, in the main headquarters building in downtown Vernon.  As a kid I would walk from school to those marble offices usually on Fridays.  They had computers in the 1970's, mainframes I'm talking about, incredible stuff back then.  Kept track of oil productions, stock, grain harvests, cotton-wheat, quarter horses, etc.  Employees were family, an illness in the family you could most likely get a plane ride to Dallas.  Want a side of beef, head out to the yards, have a cowboy cut out the one you choose and you paid a nominal amount.  Need a vehicle, discounted at dealerships.  We fished on all the lakes, on Kemp we had a lakehouse, Diversion, Electra.  Hunting was verboten, as far as I can remember, and wild game was everywhere.  Things you feared were fires, tornadoes, snakes, grasshoppers, weevils, drought, floods, freezes, lol!  Annual get-togethers, great BBQ's, kids activities, fishing, pitching horseshoes.  The Texas Ranch Roundup Rodeo, where most of the biggest ranches in Texas came to compete each year for braggin rights and charity.  The rodeo parade, wow as a kid that was special, and honestly I remember these events like they were yesterday.  Going to Ft Worth to the Stockyards and rodeo, the best boxes, family treated first class.  Cowboys who had worked 40-50 years, families going back generations, old timers were respected.  Just a ton of history going back to the real Old West, the original ranch had been much closer to Ft Worth, then moved west in later years.

My heroes have always been cowboys, they still are it seems!

Hking

PS edit, and the scale of that map really doesn't show how big that ranch is, one large grain field would take a complete day for a single cottonpicker to circle the outside of the field, as far as the eye could see from as high as you could get.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 7:23:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 7:46:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Usually, I would lock this thread....but I'm interested to see if any Arfcommers can afford it.
View Quote

Group buy?
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 7:55:39 PM EDT
[#23]
I am in for $100
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:22:41 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote
Sounds like a really upstanding money making sham..er ...um I mean church, just sayin...

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:26:03 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Usually, I would lock this thread....but I'm interested to see if any Arfcommers can afford it.
View Quote
Knew this one was on the edge.  It's an important piece of TX though and we call can dream can't we?

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:37:21 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Sounds like a really upstanding money making sham..er ...um I mean church, just sayin...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How would it be a sham?
"We have felt that good farms, over a long period, represent a safe  
investment, where the assets of the church may be preserved and
enhanced,"  Hinckley said, "while at the same time they are available as
an agricultural  resource to feed people, should there come a time of
need."
Most of the land is leased out.  They take good care of the land and keep large tracks intact.
My churches lands are the base for the largest beef production in the world.
No deceit there or sham it's part of the way the church works.  

Some are "for profit" businesses as well.  Others are used for the welfare of the church.  

If you've never been to a bishop's storehouse before it's like a grocery store but for those in need the food is free.  The meat provided is almost all raised on these ranches.

As a youth we were trucked out to help work on these ranches, as an adult I've seen many family helped by the food provided by these ranches, farms, orchards.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/170647/LDS-CHURCH-REAL-ESTATE-HOLDINGS-INCLUDE-FARMS-RANCHES-BUILDINGS.html?pg=all

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:23:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:51:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Who wouldn't dream to have a property like this?  
I'd set up several thousands yds ranges and I'd buy to biggest gun to see how the projectile would travel.
Having big yearly Arfcom party; smaller local shooting get-together several times a yr; Shoot whatever you want, any direction you want.
Want to use tannerite? Go for it.  No one complains.  Nearest neighbor is several hrs away.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Knew this one was on the edge.  It's an important piece of TX though and we call can dream can't we?

Who wouldn't dream to have a property like this?  
I'd set up several thousands yds ranges and I'd buy to biggest gun to see how the projectile would travel.
Having big yearly Arfcom party; smaller local shooting get-together several times a yr; Shoot whatever you want, any direction you want.
Want to use tannerite? Go for it.  No one complains.  Nearest neighbor is several hrs away.

Rifle range?  Think bigger.  How about a tank range?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top