Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/18/2015 10:33:11 PM EDT
Heard about 20% off everything in the store and all sales final.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 10:53:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Heard about -20% off everything in the store and all sales final.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 10:58:17 PM EDT
[#2]
CTD can go pound sand...love to see them dry up.  Reaping what they've sewn.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 11:37:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly they got what they had coming to them after ripping people off during the ammo shortage. GOOD RIDDANCE
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:19:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Will 20% off cover their markup on pistols?
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 5:08:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

They probably raised prices by 200%...  Then marked them down 20%.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 7:35:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Semper Fi
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Semper Fi

We can only pray that CTD goes out of business
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 8:43:43 AM EDT
[#7]
yep one less gun store is always a good thing.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 8:49:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Capitalism finally working(for all you apologists)!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 8:57:29 AM EDT
[#9]
The one in Round Rock will never get a dime of my money.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#10]
This. Dug their own grave and dug it deep. Capitalism at work.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 9:38:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes.  They have been winding down operations for six months now.  If you went into the McKinney store there is basically nothing left on the shelves.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:27:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Didn't the one in FTW just move and change the name?
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:31:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Suck it CTD
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:42:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
yep one less gun store is always a good thing.
View Quote

They are a far cry from what I would consider a "Gun Store" they were a store that sold guns.

CTD's biggest mistake was not slipping customers rohypnol before fucking them.

Good riddance indeed.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 11:25:17 AM EDT
[#15]
They're probably just moving all ops to the RR store.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 11:35:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

My understanding was this was a totally different company with a similar name that changed the name and moved.  Can't say I don't blame them, I would never want my company to associated with fucking people over and adding to the neck boarding hype.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:09:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Exactly they got what they had coming to them after ripping people off during the ammo shortage. GOOD RIDDANCE
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 4:35:53 PM EDT
[#18]
I stopped shopping there long before they made any unpopular pricing decisions. I liked that they always had 300BLK in stock, but never wanted to pay their prices for it. They will not be missed. It is not an easy time to be in firearm retail IMO
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 5:42:39 PM EDT
[#19]
I just left, didn't buy anything.  One could get a Glock 19 for $440 OTD.  Too bad Gebo's doesn't stock more guns.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 7:06:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Too bad....will need another parking lot to sell mags out of my trunk in the next panic.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:28:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Stopped in this afternoon for a few minutes. Still have lots of Glock, S&W and Sig pistols in stock and a bunch of uppers and complete Ar's. Still lots of stuff in the $1000+ range on the walls. A small selection of ammo, all overpriced. Mags, holsters, cleaning supplies, and assorted oddities were pretty picked over.

I doubt they will be missed.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:46:41 PM EDT
[#22]
no tears shed here
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:38:22 AM EDT
[#23]

F CTD
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 1:31:54 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

My understanding was this was a totally different company with a similar name that changed the name and moved.  Can't say I don't blame them, I would never want my company to associated with fucking people over and adding to the neck boarding hype.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep to both.  Became Fort Worth Gun at 30 and Eastchase.  Was always a separate company, got tired of the bad publicity I guess.  I am sure that there was more to it than just that, but it couldn't have helped.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 6:54:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yep to both.  Became Fort Worth Gun at 30 and Eastchase.  Was always a separate company, got tired of the bad publicity I guess.  I am sure that there was more to it than just that, but it couldn't have helped.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, it was 'Outdoor Adventures' that moved and became 'Ft. Worth Gun'.
'Outdoor Adventures, had a CTD catalog desk in the back, I stopped shopping with CTD when that closed down.

I did pick up quite a few FDE Magpul mags at $9.00ea. at 'Ft. Worth Gun' when I was working up in DFW.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 2:44:08 PM EDT
[#26]
How's Gebo's? I always pass it but never actually stopped and stepped foot into the store.

Worth visiting?
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 3:29:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
How's Gebo's? I always pass it but never actually stopped and stepped foot into the store.

Worth visiting?
View Quote

Its a neat place, sorta like a mom & pop TSC. They have ammo too
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 4:52:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Worth visiting?
View Quote

That store has been there a long, long time.

It was our local TSC before we ever heard of TSC.

They added the guns a year or so ago. Decent prices but a small selection.
Worth the look.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 6:45:44 PM EDT
[#29]
ah, I knew they always carried ammo, but haven't been in a year or so, which explains why I had never seen guns there before.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:25:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

THIS
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:52:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

^ times a billion.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:04:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Ha! GFY CTD
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:58:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Can't say I'm surprised.

They have had massive lay off's at their Ft. Worth location. On top of it, their entire marketing department quit and went to Defender Outdoors (these are good people and have nothing to do with prices fyi) a few months ago. They read the writing on the wall. Roberta Wilson who is directly under Michael Tenny and runs the whole program un-checked has managed to run that store and brand into the ground with how she has treated employee's and customers. Sucks for the good people who work there, a few who are still there that are my friends, but I hope it shuts down. Roberta Wilson could care less about the 2A and what is means, she is in it to take as much advantage of the customer as she possibly can.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:14:03 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Too bad....will need another parking lot to sell mags out of my trunk in the next panic.
View Quote
LOL.  

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:10:24 AM EDT
[#35]
What did CTD do that pissed everyone off?

I've been getting catelogs from them in the mail since around 1996, but I don't *think* I ever ordered from them. Had no idea they even had physical stores.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:34:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I've been getting catelogs from them in the mail since around 1996, but I don't *think* I ever ordered from them. Had no idea they even had physical stores.
View Quote

The main problem was the night Obama was elected to his first term, the instant he was declared the winner by the MSM they doubled the price of .223. They have continued to gouge on ammo and guns prices since.
To say it pissed the "community" off is an understatement.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:49:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, the 100 rnd. boxes of .22lr for $100,told me they were a bunch of price gouging fucks........other than that...........they sucked in general.
Karma at work..............
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 8:05:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The main problem was the night Obama was elected to his first term, the instant he was declared the winner by the MSM they doubled the price of .223. They have continued to gouge on ammo and guns prices since.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You save -200% or whatever it was.

I hate to say good when a place closes but good.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 8:21:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So basically they were a bunch of capitalists that increased prices to match demand when the supply stayed constant?

If that's all they did I'm having a little trouble being angry.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:55:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Fuck CTD.  I remember when they opened their store in Fort Worth.  Went on the grand opening and got quite a few door prizes and they were relatively cheap.  Free Ammo cans over $10 purchases in store.  But they jumped the shark so good riddance.  

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:27:13 PM EDT
[#41]
I can recall not that long ago when they did not have an AR15 in the store for less than $2500. and 22lr ammo was insane. I purchased two boxes of 325 round 22lr ammo at Academy right across 75 for $17.99 a box. Went over to CTD  to order some targets and they had the very same box of 325 round 22lr ammo for $99.

Good riddance you rip off artists.
Vince
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 3:12:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 4:02:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Y'all are nuts for celebrating a gun store closing. The hatred for CTD is also misplaced.

CTD is a business; they're there to make MONEY, not to appeal to some sense of fairness or whatever. Don't like the prices? Don't buy from them. They just opened a store in Austin (Round Rock to be precise) and I am *very* happy about it. What's not to like about a huge gun store, especially one that carries EBRs? Their prices aren't the greatest, but like I said: You don't have to buy it. Another reason I like them is that some things in their catalog are VERY cheap, and you can have it shipped to their store for FREE. That's a great deal for small items that would kill you on shipping.
View Quote

They made business decisions, and I don't like how they chose to do it.  I, along with others, made purchasing desisions as a result of their business decisions.  Cause and effect...if their business decisions hurt their business, then so be it.  

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 4:13:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:04:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You're free to do what you want - I'm not saying you HAVE to go there. All I'm saying is that the hatred for CTD is fairly irrational. If CTD has something I want and the price is right then I will buy from them.
View Quote

Well said Z.

Txl
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:46:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Y'all are nuts for celebrating a gun store closing. The hatred for CTD is also misplaced.

CTD is a business; they're there to make MONEY, not to appeal to some sense of fairness or whatever. Don't like the prices? Don't buy from them. They just opened a store in Austin (Round Rock to be precise) and I am *very* happy about it. What's not to like about a huge gun store, especially one that carries EBRs? Their prices aren't the greatest, but like I said: You don't have to buy it. Another reason I like them is that some things in their catalog are VERY cheap, and you can have it shipped to their store for FREE. That's a great deal for small items that would kill you on shipping.
View Quote

There was also the little item of canceling orders that they had already accepted because the item was "no longer in stock" only to have the item show up as "in stock" minutes later with a price tag 100% higher than the price on the orders that were cancelled.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:52:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
You're free to do what you want - I'm not saying you HAVE to go there. All I'm saying is that the hatred for CTD is fairly irrational. If CTD has something I want and the price is right then I will buy from them.
View Quote

That's always how I approached it. Now, I never bought much from them but it was a pricing issue not some moral stand. YMMV
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:53:19 AM EDT
[#48]

Cheaper Than Dirt?

........never heard of them.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:20:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Cheaper Than Dirt?

........never heard of them.
View Quote

^^ LOL
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 8:23:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

CTD is a business; they're there to make MONEY
View Quote

Not for much longer.

Perhaps they should not gouge or lie to customers, and they might make enough money to stay in business.

So what is the over/under on how long before the Austin store closes? Seems the competition is much tougher there.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top