Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2015 2:17:31 PM EDT
That one was more powerful than I've felt so far.  I'm sure it was the same spot in Irving again...

I actually heard a little rumble before it hit the house and shook my recliner this time.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 2:18:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm near old cowboy stadium. Felt it pretty good here.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 2:19:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Was that what it was? We felt a pretty stout 'bump' in our office. We're off Stemmons and Oak Lawn. Felt like somebody had ran into the building or something.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 2:20:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Nothing in the Addison area.. I am on the 7th floor though.

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 2:30:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Just popped up on USGS, a 3.3 quake 5km SSW of Farmers Branch.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 2:31:24 PM EDT
[#5]
felt it in Valley Ranch. Shook the whole house. pretty good!
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 2:37:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nothing in the Addison area.. I am on the 7th floor though.

View Quote

You're in a stout building or just didn't notice because I'm right down the street from you.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 2:39:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Was that what it was? We felt a pretty stout 'bump' in our office. We're off Stemmons and Oak Lawn. Felt like somebody had ran into the building or something.
View Quote

That's exactly what they sound/feel like.  Like a really strong wind just hit the building.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 2:44:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Felt it at my desk and monitor rattled. Big shake and the vertical blinds on our floor all swayed back and forth.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 2:48:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That's exactly what they sound/feel like.  Like a really strong wind just hit the building.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

For a minute I thought I had dozed off a jolted awake. lol For the VA quake a couple years back, only thing I felt was a little swaying.

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

For a minute I thought I had dozed off a jolted awake. lol For the VA quake a couple years back, only thing I felt was a little swaying.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sleep at work often, do ya?
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 2:59:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Thought it was closer to a 4.0 the way it jolted the building - but 3.3 makes sense considering it was only 2 miles east of me at the office.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 3:11:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I got nothin.

Any chance the earth will open up and swallow down all the flood water in a bottomless abyss?
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 3:19:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only on pointless conference calls.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 4:02:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm 1.1 miles from the epicenter. It shook my office building to the foundation.

We're on a huge mess of complex faults right here. In before "OMG fracking". Fracking is probs (totes) causing the quakes out in Azle, but around here it's purely geological.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 4:32:16 PM EDT
[#15]
OMG fracking!
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 7:24:22 PM EDT
[#16]
got rattled around a little in the Love Field area today - definitely felt it.

I've officially survived more earthquakes than tornadoes in my life now, and for someone who's lived in the Dallas area his whole life, that's a weird feeling  
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 7:29:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Didn't feel it down here.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 6:48:17 PM EDT
[#18]
This is the way to react to earthquakes  5.3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLBV7Yahfbg
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:20:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Although, if it happened to you guys during a football game I expect the audience reaction would have been similar
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top