Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:06:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey, is this the guy who did the AK classes at Elm Fork when Tiger Valley was doing the Tuesday night courses there?

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:06:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

J ade H elm.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just watched the press conference with J oe H arn.

He said the officer who shot was a traffic officer. Is he on the swat team too?

That being said, what kind of plan and tactics did the shooters have to get taken out almost immediately by essentially a patrol unit armed with pistols? They had to be frickin mall ninjas or something.

Good job Garland PD!

J ade H elm.

Coincidence?
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:18:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:20:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Welcome to Texas fellas. Hope you do NOT enjoy your brief stay.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

As far as why swat was so accessible, I dont know.  But likely they came dressed appropriately due to active/credible threat sources.

Which turned out to be true.

View Quote

Police claim there were no credible threats.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 1:06:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I've heard great things about GPD and am thankful these gunmen didn't do their homework.  The officers involved deserve a GIANT THANK YOU.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 1:12:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So, the question now is...................what handgun for Isis?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just watched the press conference with Joe Harn.

He said the officer who shot was a traffic officer. Is he on the swat team too?

That being said, what kind of plan and tactics did the shooters have to get taken out almost immediately by essentially a patrol unit armed with pistols ?  Pistol, not pistols.....the GISD security officer was unarmed. They had to be frickin mall ninjas or something.

Good job Garland PD!

So, the question now is...................what handgun for Isis?

Yeah, I need to go put something on layaway.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 1:17:38 PM EDT
[#8]
We obviously need moar immigration so that the resulting multicultuarism can finally bring peace and harmony to America.  Maybe some state-sponsored sensitivity training for k-12?
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 1:34:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Glock 22 in 40. Don't hate me.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:08:48 PM EDT
[#10]
The blown up car and all the shrapnel is about 100 yards southeast of Walmart and about 300 yards northeast of Academy(I have pics from my cell phone but will have to wait till I get them downloaded). Wish I had a better camera but did not plan on stopping by. I was on 190 and thought, well, might as well swing by for a minute.

If you park at the Walmart, the media camp and big CNN truck have a view of it all from safely behind the yellow tape. 75 yards or so away.

The convention center as I recall is actually further away by a good distance so that was some pretty good police work keeping the bad guys so far away.

The Academy and Walmart are both open.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:31:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Lets please be very careful with inadvertently divulging PERSEC information in an open forum, especially after this event. And especially being able to match a name to a face.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey, is this the guy who did the AK classes at Elm Fork when Tiger Valley was doing the Tuesday night courses there?

http://s14.postimg.org/k09ef121d/CEHq2_Lr_Ug_AAi8n1.jpg

Lets please be very careful with inadvertently divulging PERSEC information in an open forum, especially after this event. And especially being able to match a name to a face.

I understand the point of " Your my new hero, can I have a picture" . I would have done it myself but there is a time and place to black out a face just like some do a firearm SR#.  Just saying.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 3:12:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Trading cards?
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 3:42:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I understand the point of " Your my new hero, can I have a picture" . I would have done it myself but there is a time and place to black out a face just like some do a firearm SR#.  Just saying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Come on man, these guys were posing for pictures.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 3:47:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know this how?  Maybe they were doing their job.  People like you make their job harder.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 3:49:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

You know this how?  Maybe they were doing their job.  People like you make their job harder.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh, maybe if you'd scroll up...
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 3:53:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Before the attack:

One of the (now) corpses:

If y'all are happy, I'm ecstatic:

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, Motown, I understand. I too would have got a picture for history. I work at a training and competition facility  and have a 10  man team that I compete with. I take team pictures and send them to them. some are LEO and some are military . If they choose to post on  line that's on them. I don't  post them so I don't rat any one out.  They may see hundreds of perps that hold a grudge , and not remember them. the thug may have a hard on for that one person. not trying to pee in the corn flakes just make my reasoning clear
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:13:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyways, back to the issue...

That local CAIR whore was on the news just now 'both the group that held this event and the gunmen came in with hate in their hearts, and unless we stand up to this hate together then this cycle of violence WILL CONTINUE.'

Yeah, so in other words if we piss you off then we better be ready. Fuck you!
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:38:04 PM EDT
[#20]
The Officer who was charged by the two terrorists shooting AKM's fired as they moved.  The Traffic Officer responded with his Glock 21, if my memory serves me right that's what he carried for years.  The suspects fired, and he returned controlled pairs at them, knocking them both down.

This Officer is long tenured with the Garland Police Department.  He spent many years as the SWAT negotiator.  He received the same training as any other GPD officer.  The large balls he has for standing while getting shot at are his own.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:40:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, that Officer was home at the time, they do look similar though.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:41:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Q: What Does $10K Buy You In Texas?

A: Two Dead Terrorists.

Well Done Garland ISD & GPD. Support Free Speech, and protect the homeland!
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

The Officer who was charged by the two terrorists shooting AKM's fired as they moved.  The Traffic Officer responded with his Glock 21, if my memory serves me right that's what he carried for years.  The suspects fired, and he returned controlled pairs at them, knocking them both down.

This Officer is long tenured with the Garland Police Department.  He spent many years as the SWAT negotiator.  He received the same training as any other GPD officer.  The large balls he has for standing while getting shot at are his own.
View Quote

Awesome!

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 7:02:30 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote

Like.

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 1:20:46 AM EDT
[#26]
TX 2, ISIS 0.

Damn good work TX!
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 2:40:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fantastic. With all of the police-slamming in the news lately, it's good to see something well publicized that they get big props for. Well done.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

You gotta admit, $5k ea was a bargain.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 4:05:38 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Group buy?
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 7:40:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Fantastic. With all of the police-slamming in the news lately, it's good to see something well publicized that they get big props for. Well done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately all the media attention it has generated has focused on why the event was organized to begin with instead of the responding officers doing a great job.   The media is blaming the rape victim for being raped basically.  Even Donald Trump who has been pretending to be a conservative candidate for president opened his big mount blaming the lady that organized it for what happened. You would think as someone who portrays himself as a conservative he would respect the right to free speech, etc.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#31]
I guess those guys never heard the saying " DONT MESS WITH TEXAS".
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:03:41 PM EDT
[#32]
So, yet again... I have been told conflicting reports about what gun was used to drop those shit stains.

Now it is a Glock .40 apparently.

So I apologize on posting wrong information.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 9:14:25 AM EDT
[#33]
One thing to consider\remember is this wasn't a terroristic act.  It was a botched assassination attempt.
We shouldn't confuse the two.

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 9:33:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
One thing to consider\remember is this wasn't a terroristic act.  It was a botched assassination attempt.

View Quote

Who is claiming it was an assassination attempt?
Who were they trying to assassinate?

By attacking the first officers they encountered, its a bit of a stretch to say they were targeting any particular person.

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 9:45:23 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

By attacking the first officers they encountered, its a bit of a stretch to say they were targeting any particular person.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not an expert.  This scenario doesn't make sense to me unless it's framed as an assassination attempt.  

If it was coordinated at all with ISIS the recent chatter seems to indicate a specific target, see link below.  Even if ISIS didn't coordinate the lack of any secondary attack plan to maximize damage to responders and people near by also seem to indicate a specific target in the building.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/isis-appears-threaten-pamela-geller-claims-militants-article-1.2211913

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 9:56:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is no difference between the two.  Motivation is the defining factor, not the target list.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 10:01:44 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I'm not an expert.  This scenario doesn't make sense to me unless it's framed as an assassination attempt.  

If it was coordinated at all with ISIS the recent chatter seems to indicate a specific target, see link below.  Even if ISIS didn't coordinate the lack of any secondary attack plan to maximize damage to responders and people near by also seem to indicate a specific target in the building.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/isis-appears-threaten-pamela-geller-claims-militants-article-1.2211913

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They wanted to turn this show into Charlie Hebdo 2. Not that hard to figure out really.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 10:22:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

No.

the FBI has claimed that this is a botched TERRORIST ATTACK. They were there to inflict the maxium amount of damage possible. Not target a single person.

This is backed by the Twitter account posting about it hours before the attack calling it "TexasAttack"
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 11:23:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you think the Charlie Hebdo incident an assassination attempt?
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 11:38:13 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.  It evolved from there but it was primarily planned as an assassination attempt of those in the magazine.

"The gunmen barged in during a lunchtime editorial meeting, separating men and women and calling out the names of employees they intended to kill, said Dr. Gerald Kierzek, a physician who treated wounded patients and spoke with survivors."

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 12:37:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Unfortunately all the media attention it has generated has focused on why the event was organized to begin with instead of the responding officers doing a great job.   The media is blaming the rape victim for being raped basically.  Even Donald Trump who has been pretending to be a conservative candidate for president opened his big mount blaming the lady that organized it for what happened. You would think as someone who portrays himself as a conservative he would respect the right to free speech, etc.
View Quote

This.

The left wants it both ways. Now we're hearing about religious respect and this event not representing Christian values.

We're not hearing anything about loping the heads off Christians and forcing Christians to make gay wedding cakes.

Nope, you gotta take the shit you don't like with the shit you do like.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO TOLERANCE.

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 5:39:04 PM EDT
[#42]
ISIS says this about the miserable failure that was their "attack"...

We have been watching closely who was present at this event and the shooter of our brothers. We knew that the target was protected. Our intention was to show how easy we give our lives for the Sake of Allah.

The disbelievers who shot our brothers think that you killed someone untrained, nay, they gave you their bodies in plain view because we were watching.

Oh yeah? So this was a suicide mission? That explains why they were wearing body armor.

Both their guys got killed without even getting within a 100 yards of the event.

Meant to that!

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 11:10:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 11:17:36 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
 These guys are ISIS wannabees...Stupid mofos.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

ISIS says this about the miserable failure that was their "attack"...

We have been watching closely who was present at this event and the shooter of our brothers. We knew that the target was protected. Our intention was to show how easy we give our lives for the Sake of Allah.
The disbelievers who shot our brothers think that you killed someone untrained, nay, they gave you their bodies in plain view because we were watching.

Oh yeah? So this was a suicide mission? That explains why they were wearing body armor.

Both their guys got killed without even getting within a 100 yards of the event.

Meant to that!

These guys are ISIS wannabees...Stupid mofos.

Agreed. ISIS is just trying to grab headlines.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top