Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2015 7:07:41 PM EDT
I have some friends who moved to the DFW area, The Colony I think it is and they are looking for good ranges or legal open areas to shoot. Hoping some of the Texas guys could help me out. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:02:53 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=517 some of these might be closed and there should be new ones that have opened.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:53:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Eagle gun range in Lewisville.  Indoor, 25 yard, rifles and pistols.  No tracers, other ammo no big deal.  Staff is super nice.  Only 25 yards but my personal favorite indoor place to shoot.

Clean, air conditioned, great air handling system, wide lanes.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:45:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Call Mickey.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:05:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Who is Mickey?  Are there any open areas out there where you can shoot legally?
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:06:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 1:58:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who is Mickey?  Are there any open areas out there where you can shoot legally?
View Quote

It's a private gun range. I think it's a few hundred per year, shoot when you want.

There are no "Open areas." Texas is 99% privately owned, no BLM, or anything else like that. That is why your buddies need to go to a range, or befriend a shooter who holds land outside of city limits, or in most counties (I'm fairly certain) has more than 10 acres inside city limits.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:14:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Whatever happened to the grasslands in Decatur? I believe that's close to where the OP is looking/directing people to look.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:22:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Eagle gun range in Lewisville.  Indoor, 25 yard, rifles and pistols.  No tracers, other ammo no big deal.  Staff is super nice.  Only 25 yards but my personal favorite indoor place to shoot.  

Clean, air conditioned, great air handling system, wide lanes.  
View Quote

+1 for Eagle.  

Indoor ranges aren't my favorite but if you have to use one you can't do any better than Eagle.   New range, great ventilation, a/c works good, friendly staff, no issues with ammo and very close to The Colony.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top