User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 2:21:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I did look at them. I'm not seeing a reason to be worried.

What reasons do you have for watching off base drills?
You're the one who is posting allegations of misconduct and danger. I read the links...I am not seeing anything to be worried about, still. They took over a school for a training drill. The kid with a rifle shot at Marines..what did you expect? Hugs and kisses? And a fire that burned part of Camp Grayling?

Loosen the tinfoil, bro.
View Quote

The kid with the rifle did NOT shoot at the Marines. I imagine you would side with the Marines no matter what so this is a pointless conversation.

They took over a school WITHOUT TELLING ANYBODY locally.

Do you really think that if Abbott was "worried" he would send the TSG? It is to ease some people's concerns and have a better idea on what is going on in your state. Nothing more. Just like Jade Helm isn't a sign of impending martial law.

People who are treating this like Treason need to fucking relax.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 2:29:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Lol.

Conduct an AAR for who? You think the TSG is going to act as dome sort of O/C?  

If you think there will be an open mic for some TSG bubbas to critiqueva SOTF or ODA on the stated operation you are insane. Not only is that not going to happen, even if for some unfathomable reason it did those AAR points would go right into the trash where they belong after sending them on their way.  I know if I was conducting a restricted training event in a facet of my job  where  I am on of the few SMEs existing  on the planet right now I would not be too concerned with what bubba off the street has to critique me about.

And the TSG won't be watching very many "big boys" in a UW exercise without clearances.  Wont be sitting in the OPCEN either.shaThe federal government doesn't recognize the TSG as an actual military entity so technically we can't even share FOUO data with them

So unless they get something out of watching thed grass grow in the AOB parking lot I don't really see what you are talking about.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh, I'm so glad we're wasting time and money to make the tinfoil crowd feel safe.
With the exception of very few on the command staff, most everyone in the TXSG is volunteer. This will cost no more than the fixed operating expense for the TXSG.

I really don't get the apprehension about JH15 or the Governor asking the TXSG to monitor the exercise. After Action Reports are generally very useful in pointing out deficiencies and procedures needing refinement/change. Watching the 'big boys' do their ops could actually yield something useful to the TXSG in their operational standards.

Lol.

If you think there will be an open mic for some TSG bubbas to critiqueva SOTF or ODA on the stated operation you are insane. Not only is that not going to happen, even if for some unfathomable reason it did those AAR points would go right into the trash where they belong after sending them on their way.  I know if I was conducting a restricted training event in a facet of my job  where  I am on of the few SMEs existing  on the planet right now I would not be too concerned with what bubba off the street has to critique me about.

And the TSG won't be watching very many "big boys" in a UW exercise without clearances.  Wont be sitting in the OPCEN either.shaThe federal government doesn't recognize the TSG as an actual military entity so technically we can't even share FOUO data with them

So unless they get something out of watching thed grass grow in the AOB parking lot I don't really see what you are talking about.

I think you pretty much nailed how serious Abbott is taking this. The headlines that declared "Abbott sends National Guard to stop martial law." are nothing more than lies spread by the left to discredit the entirety of people that don't trust the current administration.

The Tea Party gets smeared on a daily basis because every single one of them is a birther and hates Obama.
Conservatives want to end all welfare (well Fadedsun does) and shut down Social Security.
The list goes on.

I agree that the people who are really bothered by Jade Helm have some issues but there a plenty of REAL reasons to distrust the government.

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 5:53:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Lol.

If you think there will be an open mic for some TSG bubbas to critiqueva SOTF or ODA on the stated operation you are insane. Not only is that not going to happen, even if for some unfathomable reason it did those AAR points would go right into the trash where they belong after sending them on their way. I know if I was conducting a restricted training event in a facet of my job where I am on of the few SMEs existing on the planet right now I would not be too concerned with what bubba off the street has to critique me about.

And the TSG won't be watching very many "big boys" in a UW exercise without clearances. Wont be sitting in the OPCEN either.shaThe federal government doesn't recognize the TSG as an actual military entity so technically we can't even share FOUO data with them

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, I'm so glad we're wasting time and money to make the tinfoil crowd feel safe.
With the exception of very few on the command staff, most everyone in the TXSG is volunteer. This will cost no more than the fixed operating expense for the TXSG.

I really don't get the apprehension about JH15 or the Governor asking the TXSG to monitor the exercise. After Action Reports are generally very useful in pointing out deficiencies and procedures needing refinement/change. Watching the 'big boys' do their ops could actually yield something useful to the TXSG in their operational standards.

Lol.

If you think there will be an open mic for some TSG bubbas to critiqueva SOTF or ODA on the stated operation you are insane. Not only is that not going to happen, even if for some unfathomable reason it did those AAR points would go right into the trash where they belong after sending them on their way. I know if I was conducting a restricted training event in a facet of my job where I am on of the few SMEs existing on the planet right now I would not be too concerned with what bubba off the street has to critique me about.

And the TSG won't be watching very many "big boys" in a UW exercise without clearances. Wont be sitting in the OPCEN either.shaThe federal government doesn't recognize the TSG as an actual military entity so technically we can't even share FOUO data with them

I fail to see how you get all of that shit out my comment about having the TXSG watch and try to learn something that might be applicable to their operations. I didn't say anything about an open mic, critiquing anybody, having any clearances, opcenters... or any of the other inferences you seem so capable of drawing from a simple statement. It's like you just took off making shit up as you went.

I don't know all of the upper-echelon staff for the State Guard, but those I do know are retired career officers and a couple noncom Army SF guys. I gotta imagine they can keep tabs fairly well on things like they participated in in the recent past. The unit I recently resigned from was under NETCOM 9th.

The TXSG isn't some Hutaree Militia group, it's a branch of the Texas Military Forces under the control of the Governor.

Like I said earlier, I think their 'assignment' is more of a 'watch and see if we can learn anything from the pros' as opposed to paranoia on the part of the Governor.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 6:13:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Double
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 6:14:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
. I didn't say anything about an open mic, critiquing anybody,
View Quote

What do you think an after action review is? And you failed to answer the question on who you claim they will be AAR'ing?

Quoted:
It's like you just took off making shit up as you went.
View Quote

As opposed to the stuff you just made up about the supposed intent and extent of TXSG participation in Jade Helm?

Quoted:

The TXSG isn't some Hutaree Militia group, it's a branch of the Texas Military Forces under the control of the Governor.

View Quote
 Regardless of any authority granted by the AG (not the Governor) it means literally zero to the Federal military.  To the active duty Army this is the exact same as a Boy Scout Troop or Lions Club getting a tour of the motor pool.  There is literally nothing else they can see or do.

I'll put it in perspective for you, I have manuals legally stored on my phone that I can't even share with the state guard.

Quoted:
I don't know all of the upper-echelon staff for the State Guard, but those I do know are retired career officers and a couple noncom Army SF guys. I gotta imagine they can keep tabs fairly well on things like they participated in in the recent past.
View Quote

Regardless, former mil is not mil.  Did they maintain clearance in JPAS?  Going to be kinda hard to "keep tabs" when you aren't allowed to look at maps and timelines, sit in on OPORD briefs, or be in the OPCEN at all.  

Quoted:
Like I said earlier, I think their 'assignment' is more of a 'watch and see if we can learn anything from the pros' as opposed to paranoia on the part of the Governor.
View Quote

LOL.  "Watch and see" what exactly?  Does the TXSG have a new UW mission nobody knows about yet?

It's all a farce.  Its just about placating the low information (apparently) majority with some sort of feel good measure nobody will understand, and most will take out of context.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 9:07:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Wait.

Wasn't the consensus that the special ops folks were heroes?  Did I miss a memo?
http://guardianofvalor.com/a-letter-from-the-special-forces-community-concerning-the-second-amendment/

Now because they need to do some training, they are suddenly the enemy of freedom?
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 10:31:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Wait.

Wasn't the consensus that the special ops folks were heroes?  Did I miss a memo?
http://guardianofvalor.com/a-letter-from-the-special-forces-community-concerning-the-second-amendment/

Now because they need to do some training, they are suddenly the enemy of freedom?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Wait.

Shadow, no one is calling them an enemy ... try not to go DU style, Extreme Left with this.

An example quote from your letter:

The answer is “The Battle of Athens, TN”. The Cantrell family had controlled the economy and politics of McMinn County, Tennessee since the 1930s.
Paul Cantrell had been Sheriff from 1936 -1940 and in 1942 was elected to the State Senate. His chief deputy, Paul Mansfield, was subsequently elected to two terms as Sheriff.
In 1946 returning WWII veterans put up a popular candidate for Sheriff.
On August 1 Sheriff Mansfield and 200 “deputies” stormed the post office polling place to take control of the ballot boxes wounding an objecting observer in the process.
The veterans bearing military style weapons, laid siege to the Sheriff’s office demanding return of the ballot boxes for public counting of the votes as prescribed in Tennessee law. After exchange of gun fire and blowing open the locked doors, the veterans secured the ballot boxes thereby protecting the integrity of the election. And this is precisely why all Americans should be concerned about protecting all of our right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment!

Throughout history, disarming the populace has always preceded tyrants’ accession of power. Hitler, Stalin, and Mao all disarmed their citizens prior to installing their murderous regimes. At the beginning of our own nation’s revolution, one of the first moves made by the British government was an attempt to disarm our citizens. When our Founding Fathers ensured that the 2nd Amendment was made a part of our Constitution, they were not just wasting ink. They were acting to ensure our present security was never forcibly endangered by tyrants, foreign or domestic.

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 11:10:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Shadow, no one is calling them an enemy ... try not to go DU style, Extreme Left with this.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait.

The answer is “The Battle of Athens, TN”. The Cantrell family had controlled the economy and politics of McMinn County, Tennessee since the 1930s.
Paul Cantrell had been Sheriff from 1936 -1940 and in 1942 was elected to the State Senate. His chief deputy, Paul Mansfield, was subsequently elected to two terms as Sheriff.
In 1946 returning WWII veterans put up a popular candidate for Sheriff.
On August 1 Sheriff Mansfield and 200 “deputies” stormed the post office polling place to take control of the ballot boxes wounding an objecting observer in the process.
The veterans bearing military style weapons, laid siege to the Sheriff’s office demanding return of the ballot boxes for public counting of the votes as prescribed in Tennessee law. After exchange of gun fire and blowing open the locked doors, the veterans secured the ballot boxes thereby protecting the integrity of the election. And this is precisely why all Americans should be concerned about protecting all of our right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment!

Throughout history, disarming the populace has always preceded tyrants’ accession of power. Hitler, Stalin, and Mao all disarmed their citizens prior to installing their murderous regimes. At the beginning of our own nation’s revolution, one of the first moves made by the British government was an attempt to disarm our citizens. When our Founding Fathers ensured that the 2nd Amendment was made a part of our Constitution, they were not just wasting ink. They were acting to ensure our present security was never forcibly endangered by tyrants, foreign or domestic.

How about some quotes from right here on Arf?
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1744489_So_did_Jade_Helm_start_.html&page=1#i53379105

And a quote from Abbott on your op: "During the training operation, it is important that Texans know their safety, constitutional rights, private property right and civil liberties will not be infringed," the governor wrote. "I am directing the Texas State Guard to monitor Operation Jade Helm 15."

How again are US SOF heroes for saying they won't comply with illegal laws, yet villains for training to do their jobs here at home?
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 12:07:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I fail to see how you get all of that shit out my comment about having the TXSG watch and try to learn something that might be applicable to their operations. I didn't say anything about an open mic, critiquing anybody, having any clearances, opcenters... or any of the other inferences you seem so capable of drawing from a simple statement. It's like you just took off making shit up as you went.

I don't know all of the upper-echelon staff for the State Guard, but those I do know are retired career officers and a couple noncom Army SF guys. I gotta imagine they can keep tabs fairly well on things like they participated in in the recent past. The unit I recently resigned from was under NETCOM 9th.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.

He said "Texas state guard" in the same sentence as military.

What is the state guard going to learn, how to run a food handout center? MOUT? Amphibious operations? Unconventional warfare? Disaster relief like the Salvation army? Only 2 of those things they are legitly capable of doing and it's not UW, MOUT, or amphibious ops.

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 12:21:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How again are US SOF heroes for saying they won't comply with illegal laws, yet villains for training to do their jobs here at home?
View Quote

I agree, the two trains of thought are not compatible, yet strangely present on a regular basis.

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 12:55:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I agree, the two trains of thought are not compatible, yet strangely present on a regular basis.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How's that poem by Rudyard Kipling go?

Yes, makin' mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep
Is cheaper than them uniforms, an' they're starvation cheap;
An' hustlin' drunken soldiers when they're goin' large a bit
Is five times better business than paradin' in full kit.
Then it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, 'ow's yer soul?"
But it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll,
The drums begin to roll, my boys, the drums begin to roll,
O it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll.

We aren't no thin red 'eroes, nor we aren't no blackguards too,
But single men in barricks, most remarkable like you;
An' if sometimes our conduck isn't all your fancy paints,
Why, single men in barricks don't grow into plaster saints;
While it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, fall be'ind",
But it's "Please to walk in front, sir", when there's trouble in the wind,
There's trouble in the wind, my boys, there's trouble in the wind,
O it's "Please to walk in front, sir", when there's trouble in the wind.

You talk o' better food for us, an' schools, an' fires, an' all:
We'll wait for extry rations if you treat us rational.
Don't mess about the cook-room slops, but prove it to our face
The Widow's Uniform is not the soldier-man's disgrace.
For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot;
An' it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' anything you please;
An' Tommy ain't a bloomin' fool -- you bet that Tommy sees
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 1:31:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What is the state guard going to learn, how to run a food handout center? MOUT? Amphibious operations? Unconventional warfare? Disaster relief like the Salvation army? Only 2 of those things they are legitly capable of doing and it's not UW, MOUT, or amphibious ops.

View Quote

Amazing ego you have there.

Any more derogatory remarks for the Texas State Guard, before you read your poem - again?
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 7:18:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Any more derogatory remarks for the Texas State Guard, before you read your poem - again?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What skills is the Texas state "guard" going to learn from watching a SOCOM exercise? Serious question. Air assault? Room clearing? How to send conspiracy nuts off into orbit?

The state guard doesn't have helicopters unless you count "ground guiding" one, as far as I know. Or combat formations, unless you count "reservists under my command".

Get back to me when the state "guard" gets actual training and pulls deployment duty like the rest of the military fighting wars. Until then it's just a camo clad Salvation Army.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top