Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2015 2:29:00 PM EDT
Here is his post, pic from site and reposted for those on mobile devices:

Here in Texas it appears that we are about to pass Open Carry, possibly without even a license to do so.
If there were ever a metaphor for small male privates; sportin’ a big hog-leg, out in plain view, where everybody can admire it, has got to be the best example extant.
And, it seems clear that what the state legislature really wants is for the same Open Carry to be the law on college   campuses; where everyone knows the second course of study is binge drinking.
What could possibly go wrong in this scenario?

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:22:31 PM EDT
[#1]
You'll never convince that guy.

Just post that you're in favor and his wife can testify that you aren't sporting small male genitalia.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:40:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree with gearjammer351!

That said, you provided enough info to allow me to find the guy on his city's "property appraisal districts" website.

I wonder how he is gonna respond to people contacting him to discuss his stance?  
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:09:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Nextdoor.com

good things and bad things happen there.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:27:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I always refrain from posting on Nextdoor, because I prefer to fly under the radar.  But it sure lets you identify the people in your neighborhood to avoid and easy ways to drive people nuts in case you ever need them.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 8:35:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Or you could respond that your Constitutional rights trump his irrational fears. That one always spins up my liberal sister-in-law.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 8:56:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Just walk away dude.  You're wrestling with a pig.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:13:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't you plan to carry on as usual?

Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:17:27 PM EDT
[#8]
If you can't fight your own battles.....

I don't agree with open carry. Too many stupid people. Enough said.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:24:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:03:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh the irony.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:17:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I assume Hillary can count on your vote next November?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:35:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

So you're saying we've got more stupid people than Arizona or New Mexico or Louisiana?  Really?  Even a place liike Arkansas or Oklahoma?

Most of the country allows open carry, even states a lot less free than Texas...  and a large percentage of those states don't require a permit either.

And guess what?  Basically not an issue.  No "wild west", no gunfights in the streets, no bloodshed at high noon...

All the panty-wetters predicting doom and gloom need to pull up their big boy underoos...
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:13:26 AM EDT
[#13]
He has those views and lives in TX so he is alone and already miserable enough.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:48:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

And, it seems clear that what the state legislature really wants is for the same Open Carry to be the law on college campuses; where everyone knows the second course of study is binge drinking.
View Quote
View Quote

It would take some SERIOUS binge drinking to arrive at that conclusion.

View Quote

Judging by the 24 other states where open carry is already legal, the answer is: Nothing.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 2:33:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Then gtfo 13ers.

Fuck

Txl
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Show them this video of poachers in their neighborhood, which I filmed in spring 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwuR6rStaec

People from Vickery Meadows poach down there every night shooting ducks, squirrels, rabbits. Many are not allowed to own firearms as they are not citizens or legal residents. Most use 22 caliber air rifles. In the incident above, which was on the bike trail in Merriman Park along White Rock Creek, the individuals were not only carrying an air rifle but had a weapon in their backpack.

If your neighbor wants, I can take him on a REAL world reality tour of his neighborhood where we can easily find someone packing heat illegally. I mountain bike down there all the time and seeing someone shooting is a very common event. The surrounding neighborhoods are in a state of slow decline and incidents like the Mexican national serial rapist that ravaged your area prompted many citizens to purchase firearms. How soon people forget.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:56:20 PM EDT
[#17]
I like to tell them there are 31 states that allow open carry, see what he says to that.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 1:44:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I personally don't want to open carry, but I'm for as much freedom as we can get.

I also like the idea that I won't get in trouble if the wind blows my shirt up and someone sees my concealed pistol
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 2:09:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I personally don't want to open carry, but I'm for as much freedom as we can get.

I also like the idea that I won't get in trouble if the wind blows my shirt up and someone sees my concealed pistol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In Texas you would not be in trouble even if we did not have open carry. Texas is a non brandishing state. Some states have laws against just what you posted but not Texas.

Vince
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 3:30:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

...., but I'm for as much freedom as we can get.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...., but I'm for as much freedom as we can get.

You've hit the topic squarely on the head.  Most people abhor liberty.  They
can't stand anyone being able to do what they please.  Others doing as they
please drives just about all humans crazy and the thought process is rampant among
people of most all political persuasions.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:13:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Holy fuck.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:24:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Judging by the 24 other states where open carry is already legal, the answer is: Nothing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And, it seems clear that what the state legislature really wants is for the same Open Carry to be the law on college campuses; where everyone knows the second course of study is binge drinking.

Try again... that would be 44 states that allow for some form of open carry.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:32:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Here is his post, pic from site and reposted for those on mobile devices:

Here in Texas it appears that we are about to pass Open Carry, possibly without even a license to do so.
If there were ever a metaphor for small male privates; sportin’ a big hog-leg, out in plain view, where everybody can admire it, has got to be the best example extant.
And, it seems clear that what the state legislature really wants is for the same Open Carry to be the law on college   campuses; where everyone knows the second course of study is binge drinking.

http://i57.tinypic.com/qpp15i.jpg
View Quote

So you think that if college students might abuse something they should be banned from doing it?

Maybe you think that passing out condoms at college is a sure fire recipe for pregnancy?

We should take away their cars too, their reproductive rights and their voting rights while we are at it....

....too much to go wrong.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:45:03 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

It amazes me that if You are not for open carry you are automatically going to vote for Hillary. I'm not a big open carry fan but if a CHL holder wants to I don't have a huge problem with it.

These guys who think anyone should be able to strap on a gun and walk around with it I do have a problem with.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:39:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It amazes me that if You are not for open carry you are automatically going to vote for Hillary. I'm not a big open carry fan but if a CHL holder wants to I don't have a huge problem with it.

These guys who think anyone should be able to strap on a gun and walk around with it I do have a problem with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

So constitutional carry is a no go in your book?
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:26:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whenever I was at my hunting land, I open carried my Glock 20.

Would be nice not to have to remove it to go into town for parts or groceries.

Txl
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:28:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck the constitution, now why would you assume I'm a liberal

Some fools just don't think.

Txl
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:54:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

So you don't give a shit about the bill of rights and agree with regulation that prohibits people from exercising their rights?  So yep Hilary can count on your vote.  You are aligning with her quite well.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:20:46 AM EDT
[#29]
The constitution is nearing 230 years old so to me no argument is to be had.

If someone wants to inquire about my love of guns or rights I will entertain them with fact and personal views.

If someone like OP's neighbor wants to bellyache and cry like a twat I would just leave it. These trolls want you to come out swinging and it only satisfies them and makes them keep doing it.

Let the bill pass, strap on your hog-leg and when he says something to you in the 'hood tell that assfuck to pound sand.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:55:36 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

What part of 'shall not be infringed' don't you understand? As long as someone isn't a 'prohibited person' why would you care?

Why do you hate freedom?

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:00:38 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:06:48 AM EDT
[#32]
If you told me a week ago that we would have three antis in a Texas HTF thread then I wouldn't have believed you.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:41:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top