Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2015 11:10:18 PM EDT
Went out to ASC this afternoon to confirm zero on my AR and re zero my Savage after changing stocks, bottom metal, and installing a 20 MOA base.  Nice relaxing few hours, the range wasn't too busy but was very wet (as expected, thank god for goretex).  Saw a couple sweet long range rigs while shooting, which is always fun.

I was shooting American Eagle 168 OTM in the Savage, averaged just over 1 MOA.  I'll need to get back out when my can is approved with some 168 FGMM as my rifle shot it really well when I had the accustock on.

Obligatory pics

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:33:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Glad you had fun.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:47:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool!  Thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:19:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I live about 3 minutes from that place; and yes, given all the rain we have had the last month, I would fully expect you to need a submarine right now.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:34:14 AM EDT
[#4]
i love going to ASC, its a great place...

also

IN before the "3shot group isn't worth shit posts"
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 5:10:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I hate that place for rifles.

You have to pay per gun, then you have a ton of morons calling cease fire seemingly every 5 minutes, and you can only shoot from a bench at 100.

How many benches do you see in the wild? None. So there should be none when you zero to ensure consistent head eye and hand position.

Last time I asked they didnt want NFA at the normal ranges (but were OK with suppressors on the 600)

I do like their sporting clays however...

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 5:36:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I hate that place for rifles.

You have to pay per gun, then you have a ton of morons calling cease fire seemingly every 5 minutes, and you can only shoot from a bench at 100.

How many benches do you see in the wild? None. So there should be none when you zero to ensure consistent head eye and hand position.

Last time I asked they didnt want NFA at the normal ranges (but were OK with suppressors on the 600)

I do like their sporting clays however...  
View Quote

This.

The place really shines on the "unregulated" 200 yard and up ranges.  Especially when the gate is open, and you can drive down to the target line.  They also had some steel set up at 600 the last time I was there, which is nice for plinking.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top