Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2015 7:58:47 PM EDT
I'm thinking about prematurely celebrating passage of open carry.
Any recommendations on where to get a flashy bbq gun rig?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:30:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Chrome. You need chrome.

I have a Glock 19 in an kydex OWB Raven Concealment Phantom. Guess I'm not flashy.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:45:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Gold plated desert eagle with beamz. If your gonna be stupid might as well go all out.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Dupe
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:58:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

My wife bought me a Pietta Colr Walker 44 this weekend for our 7th Anniv...  Doesn't get much bigger than that for handguns...  Although technically it being an "antique" due to the cap & ball action it should have been legal to open carry even before passage of this bill...  DPS arrested someone last year for open carrying a cap & ball revolver, so passage of this bill should make it more unquestionable.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:00:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My wife bought me a Pietta Colr Walker 44 this weekend for our 7th Anniv...  Doesn't get much bigger than that for handguns...  Although technically it being an "antique" due to the cap & ball action it should have been legal to open carry even before passage of this bill...  DPS arrested someone last year for open carrying a cap & ball revolver, so passage of this bill should make it more unquestionable.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arrested, then charges dropped. Tell the whole story...
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:08:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Gold plated desert eagle with beamz. If your gonna be stupid might as well go all out.
View Quote

This is my new open carry holster
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:11:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:32:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't want to be arrested just because some DPS officer was a dumb@$$ or being a )!(<#3@).  They might have been able to fool people by claiming they didn't know that it was a bad arrest at the time but if open carry passes and they pull that again they will really be stepping on their own (0(<$.

Now, I'm not really in favor of that open carry group's tactics (they were kinda being jerks and pushing things), but the smart thing for DPS to have done would have been to take the higher road instead of taking the bait.  That was just not very bright.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:34:09 PM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is my new open carry holster
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g445/vandy58/7A017E7E-240D-46F5-B5F0-5951BF00B711_zpst6un9cdn.png

Uh...  one thing I'd do differently...  that little NAA on there...  I would turn it pointing DOWN.  Not only would that be safer, it would be less likely to slip out that way.  I'd also probably strap it so that the strap couldn't be pulled into the trigger since it doesn't have a trigger guard.  Call me paranoid..,

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:46:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I wouldn't want to be arrested just because some DPS officer was a dumb@$$ or being a )!(<#3@).  They might have been able to fool people by claiming they didn't know that it was a bad arrest at the time but if open carry passes and they pull that again they will really be stepping on their own (0(<$.

Now, I'm not really in favor of that open carry group's tactics (they were kinda being jerks and pushing things), but the smart thing for DPS to have done would have been to take the higher road instead of taking the bait.  That was just not very bright.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I completely agree. They wanted to be arrested. I know a couple of those idiots personally, and there's a reason we don't speak any more. I'm just saying you need to tell the whole story before anyone gets the wrong idea.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:06:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That didn't make them any less arrested, did it?

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:12:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why don't you read the post right above yours? I implied nothing in the post you're quoting, either positive or negative about the event. But if someone is showing up with half of a story, they need the other half. I think that's fair.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:17:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It wasn't a bad arrest  
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:49:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm just going to carry a Glock full size in a Safariland Duty Holster.  That is about as fancy as I get.

Have a nice BBQ in January of 2016 when it takes effect.  

New Years Day will be fun around here.  I promise that some news crew will be out in front of some gun shop just looking for some yahoo to interview and make look stupid for the 6pm news.  Make sure it is not you.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:25:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Milt Sparks 55BN is not only beautiful but an excellent holster. Definitely my choice for a BBQ gun.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:41:41 PM EDT
[#16]

There's something about Tupperware and leather that doesn't look right.  

I think Tupperware looks ok with Kydex.

I guess I'm just old fashioned.  Steel, wood, leather....

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:16:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Y'all are so elegantly tasteful.
I'm thinking more Roy Rogers tooled dyed leather.
Who sells/builds something like that?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:53:24 AM EDT
[#18]
This is what you seek.

http://www.epsaddlery.com/
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:25:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Great!
The open carry legal BBQ rig will give the 1911 a purpose in the 21st century.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 5:14:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Nothing says "Texas" and "BBQ" better than a classic 1911 rig.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:02:28 AM EDT
[#21]
BBQ guns by definition, nickle or fully engraved blue. We're talking guns fit for a dress occasion.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:54:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Can you have any alcohol in your system it you OC? If not, how do you BBQ without a beer or mixed drink?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:07:29 AM EDT
[#23]
You can carry and have alcohol, but you cannot be impaired.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:14:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:37:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Great!
View Quote

I just cleaned and oiled mine yesterday. It's been pointed at more people than your silly glock.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:45:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Double shoulder rig for matched pair of customized 1911's.
Take Advil before, on account of impending neck and muscle aches!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:45:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I just cleaned and oiled mine yesterday. It's been pointed at more people than your silly glock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great!

I guess that is why I get that eiry feeling every time I go down range?

Silly? I freeking love this pic. I'm going to get a big ol 41 with an exo finished slide and get it engraved like that
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:50:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Silly? I freeking love this pic. I'm going to get a big ol 41 with an exo finished slide and get it engraved like that
http://i.imgur.com/cGCLRtV.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great!

http://i.imgur.com/cGCLRtV.jpg

Be sure to put XS big dots and a flared mag well on too.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:23:16 PM EDT
[#29]
I think I'll just clean up the old mowing rig and use something classic.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:48:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Also works well for this.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:18:57 PM EDT
[#31]

Nope.  Nope.  NOPE.  NOpe.  nope.  NOPE!

And I am a die hard Glock guy.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:31:37 PM EDT
[#32]
1911A1, GI, but hard chromed, and carried in a Bianchi shoulder rig.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:55:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:06:33 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

http://i55.tinypic.com/10zr48k.jpg

View Quote

The Milt-Sparks rig for my 1911 is IWB, so I didn't think it would count for this thread:

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:02:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:01:53 PM EDT
[#36]
I have a holster from Tucker and Byrd for my P220. I really like the look of his dark brown. Not to mention they're made in Texas, right over in Porter actually.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:07:32 AM EDT
[#37]
A BBQ gun needs character.   For a proper rig I suggest Jeffery Custom Leather. The product was excellent, time frame was reasonable, and the customer service was excellent.   Her is a picture of my rig for court.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:16:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:04:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Great!
View Quote

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THIS.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:54:48 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 8:05:52 PM EDT
[#41]
http://shop.nightingaleleather.com/main.sc

http://adamsholsters.com/store/index.php?route=common/home
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:12:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 3:44:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Great!
View Quote

You can open carry on your own property in Texas already right?  So no need to postpone that BBQ
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:25:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You can open carry on your own property in Texas already right?  So no need to postpone that BBQ
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great!

Legally yes...  although there have been cases where city LEOs have harrassed homeowners for it and even claimed (wrongly) that open carry on ones own property was illegal.  A couple of minor caveats...  watch out for property lines and stay out of the city's easement area (sidewalk to curb) just to be on the safe side.  Also...  avoid "brandishing" by which I mean, don't go around pointing or carrying in a threatening (I mean really, not just sheeple that are scared seeing a firearm even if it isn't being carried provocatively) manner.

But yes...  this is another area where open carry if it passes would remove a lot of what some people ignorant of the actual law might consider "grey areas".

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 6:42:21 PM EDT
[#45]
If it's not a full leather belt and holster then it's not a BBQ rig.   You will need  stitching, tooled leather and  silver conchos.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 8:27:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Nothing says "Texas" and "BBQ" better than a classic 1911 rig.

http://marstongunleather.com/images/The-Wild-Bunch.png
View Quote

Oh ya, that will most surely get your female relatives wet.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:36:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

I forgot my when I posted the photo ...

This is more my style ...

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:47:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:44:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

http://i55.tinypic.com/10zr48k.jpg

View Quote

Is that a Springfield EMP in a milt sparks vm II? If so, is it specifically made for the emp or just the 3" 1911 version?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:43:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
A BBQ gun needs character.   For a proper rig I suggest Jeffery Custom Leather. The product was excellent, time frame was reasonable, and the customer service was excellent.   Her is a picture of my rig for court.

https://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab244/flashgrdn22/Wheel%20gun/image_zpsdyvmzjyd.jpg

View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top