Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2015 7:08:03 PM EDT
Insurance work provides is junk and I qualify for the special enrollment period(thanks Obama).  I'm looking for best insurance plans out there that offer the best coverage with as close as possible to zero deductible(s).  Any insurance guru's willing to help a guy out? Thanks
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 7:12:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Insurance work provides is junk and I qualify for the special enrollment period(thanks Obama).  I'm looking for best insurance plans out there that offer the best coverage with as close as possible to zero deductible(s).  Any insurance guru's willing to help a guy out? Thanks
View Quote

What is your budget. Your desire for as close to $0 is going to cost you big time.

ETA: there are other considerations and availability based on your location in Texas. My advise, go shopping on the exchange.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 7:31:44 PM EDT
[#2]
As far as budget, I would like to keep it as close as possible to $4-450/month.

What is the "exchange"??
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 7:36:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What is the "exchange"??
View Quote

In order to qualify for the special enrollment period, I believe you will need to go through Healthcare.gov. You might also get a look at some options through the Ehealth website. Either one will give you policies with details and costs.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 9:04:17 PM EDT
[#4]
The best form of health care is the socialized form

I kid
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 9:44:21 PM EDT
[#5]
There is no universal 'best', it depends on a lot of factors specific to your situation.  If you are in DFW I'd be willing to sit with you and go over your options.

ETA:  Since you probably haven't seen my healthcare related posts maybe I should let you know that I'm a senior consultant for the largest healthcare payer in America (you can google it).  I specialize in Revenue Cycle (payment of healthcare) and am running an engagement right now to transform the patient intake and collections process of 36 hospitals on the west coast.  I am generally only in DFW on the weekends, but would be willing to meet with you to help you get your bearings.  Just PM me if you want to talk.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 11:05:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There is no universal 'best', it depends on a lot of factors specific to your situation.  If you are in DFW I'd be willing to sit with you and go over your options.
View Quote

Unfortunately I'm in Houston area, and I just had surgery for cubital tunnel syndrome so I'm pretty doped up and can't drive..
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:16:34 AM EDT
[#7]
As others said there is no one best plan. It depends on your scenarios. For example I take about $3000 worth of prescription meds a month. A plan that is good for me probably isn't good for you.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:07:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

For that price, I can't imagine you would find a plan with a zero deductable.  I have United Healthcare Choice Plus HSA.  $1500 deductable and I pay $478/month.  This is via my Cobra so I'm sure I would pay even higher if I had to buy this directily from United.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:40:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What is the "exchange"??
View Quote

$450 a month is probably going to get you a "silver" or the lower end of a "gold" level policy...  which will probably only cover around 70-80% of most people's medical expenses (there will be some uncovered stuff and of course co-pays).  It will probably also have at least some deductible (probably in the $1000-$3000 range), although probably much smaller than that of a "bronze" policy.

The ugly truth of Obamacare...  Prices for most middle-middle class and up people have to go up (and will more next year and subsequent) in order that lower middle class and below can get "free" or at least partially subsidized coverage.  There is no free lunch, and the myth that prices would go down if everyone was covered was always complete BS.  Prices will go up if previously uncovered are insured because they will (ab)use the hell out of it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:32:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuck 400 and month?  Through employer I pay 300 every 2 weeks
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:25:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Fuck 400 and month?  Through employer I pay 300 every 2 weeks
View Quote

For singe coverage?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top