Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2015 10:22:54 AM EDT
My Son In laws 2014 Camaro SS 1LE was stolen in South Fort Worth.  Black with black factory rims.  Plate #CYF4497

Parked at 1030 PM Tuesday teh 14th, gone this morning whne he got up to go to work.  IT has been reported.  If seen please call the Police
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't GM products have on star and the can locate the car via GPS??
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#2]
On Star will only track it if you have kept the service active.  He didnt becasue he didnt want them tracking how he used the car.  Remember the corvette that OnStar called the cops about?  He does use it for track days.

Anyway, they said they could upgrade him and restart the service- but only if he is in the car and pushes the button- Hello dumb fucks, the car has been stolen, How the hell is he going to push the fucking button.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 8:08:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Car recovered. Or at least what's left of it.  Completely stripped and the shell abandoned on the side of the road
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 8:25:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn!

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 12:24:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Car recovered. Or at least what's left of it.  Completely stripped and the shell abandoned on the side of the road
View Quote

That sucks...  I hope it was at least well insured...
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Where was it recovered at?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:36:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote

Check ebay and craigs list for your car parts.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For sure, LS engines are in high demand amongst the hot rod community.

Vince
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:17:41 PM EDT
[#9]
What area was it found in?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:34:49 AM EDT
[#10]
The car was found on Granbury road near I20 in Fort worth.  He has found an engine and tranny being offered for sale on a forum.  Picture has the shift knob that he installed.   He has turned over that information to the investigating officer.  No prints could be pulled from teh car
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The car was found on Granbury road near I20 in Fort worth.  He has found an engine and tranny being offered for sale on a forum.  Picture has the shift knob that he installed.   He has turned over that information to the investigating officer.  No prints could be pulled from teh car
View Quote

I believe they still stamp the VIN on the engine blocks...  so if the investigating officer bothers to go out and check in time they should be able to identify if its the stolen one.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:25:16 PM EDT
[#12]
There's 2014 parts listed on Craigslist, a bunch from Granbury.
Edit:  the DFW area C/L.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:58:24 PM EDT
[#13]
My SIL iwatching CL and a couple of facebook car forums.  Also had a line on a trans that had the same sifter knob out of houston.  Passed that info to both HPD and FWPD

Still waitining on a response from the Insurance company
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top