Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2015 3:21:01 PM EDT
Wife sent me a picture of the outside of their store because she saw the sign and I went to their website. Looks like they will be open April 20th. If the store carries half of the stuff on their website, it will be awesome.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of them, what's their website?
Txl
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 6:21:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Txl
View Quote

http://www.riflegear.com/  They moved to TX from CA, IIRC.  I've purchased from them in the past, they are GTG.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 6:24:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Txl
View Quote

http://www.riflegear.com/

Fucking 01'ers...
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 6:49:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I have purchased several FN barrels from them.  They are great.  Sometimes (bout once a year) they will run a sale on FN barrels.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 9:22:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting.....I'll definitely check them out.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 9:25:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Fucking 01'ers...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Txl

Fucking 01'ers...

At least I can hotlink

Thanks

Txl
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 2:18:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Sweet, right down the road from me. I too ordered from them in the past with zero problems
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 2:59:45 PM EDT
[#8]
This is great news indeed!  I've ordered from them in the past and they are GTG!
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This is great news indeed!  I've ordered from them in the past and they are GTG!
View Quote

YES!  Same here..
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 5:52:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I heard a rumor that the former owner of DFW Gun, Ken Goldberg, is the front man for the TX operation. No idea if that's true.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 7:30:58 PM EDT
[#11]
All that means is I can't order from them anymore, cause I aint paying fucking tax.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 9:58:00 AM EDT
[#12]
I stopped by last night on my way home.  They are not open yet but they said they hoped to be open on 4/22.  
They had quite a bit of guns on the walls and in display cases. Pretty big store. looks promising..
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:07:52 AM EDT
[#13]

Oh lord.  Like OP said, if they have half the stuff on their website, listed as in stock, in store, I'm doomed.  I think I racked up about 15k in "Oooh SHINY want!" just looking through the site.

Maybe I'll take a long lunch next Monday.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:25:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I stopped by last night on my way home.  They are not open yet but they said they hoped to be open on 4/22.  
They had quite a bit of guns on the walls and in display cases. Pretty big store. looks promising..
View Quote

Good report, I did mention they open on April 20 in my original post. That was taken from their website.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:41:24 AM EDT
[#15]
RifleGear is GTG.  Ordered numerous items from them including a Surefire M600U that was the lowest price I could find on the net at the time at $300.30.  Exceptionally fast shipping too.

I'll be interested in seeing what kind of inventory is maintained for their retail store...
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:10:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Looking forward to the door being open. They are GTG, and although paying the tax sux, I don't mind supporting a business willing to move/open in TX.

Strange though, the webiste home page notes the 4/20 opening, but deeper in I ran across a promo add saying grand opening is in May.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 8:33:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Strange though, the webiste home page notes the 4/20 opening, but deeper in I ran across a promo add saying grand opening is in May.
View Quote

Most retailers that open a new store have a "soft" opening before the grand opening, that way they have time to work out any issues, get their new employees comfortable with systems/procedures, etc. without having a store full of customers to deal with.  Then the grand opening is the big advertised event with promotions, more customers, etc.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 1:29:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Post removed, please see link to the COC regarding sales in the Home Town Forums. ~Soowah

SPECIFIC TO SALES

Companies or individuals may not advertise or sell products and/or services in the forums without permission from an admin. (This includes siglines and titles.) Industry Partners are allowed to post sales or specials on a limited basis and also require admin permission.
   Companies or individuals interested in selling or trading equipment should resort to the Equipment Exchange. At no time should an item be listed in any discussion forum. This includes links to auctions.
   Fraudulent practices or attempts to defraud another person or group will be dealt with very seriously.
   NO GROUP BUYS OR FUNDRAISERS WITHOUT EXPRESS PERMISSION. Please IM Striker for more information.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 8:39:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Welcome to the neighborhood.
Planning to stop by today.

Specials and give-aways for the grand opening on May 2 are promoted on the web site, I think.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:28:04 PM EDT
[#20]
I stopped by during my lunch hour this afternoon.

Great place! Nicely deployed, without being overly-cluttered. Staff was very friendly.

The bow section was something I didn't expect, and very interesting.

I had to fight the urge to pick up one of the dedicated 9mm lowers in the display case.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:09:05 AM EDT
[#21]
This is great news, right down the road from me!
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 1:07:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Sweet, close to where I work. I will be there tomorrow during lunch with a buddy from work. time to start prepping my wife for another purchase
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:41:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Very nice and big place, friendly staff, also said they will be getting cans in a couple of weeks
AAC Surefire Sico just a few

Magpul prices are very good and a big selection of lowers

Great place
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:57:57 PM EDT
[#24]
To echo what others have said, I stopped by Monday and liked what I saw!  Good layout with plenty of room for additional products.  Prices were very good and they had products in every price range without stocking crap like some places in DFW.  I'm looking forward to see them fully stocked!
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:55:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Any info on transfer fees? Didn't see much on their website. Will they carry NFA?
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:20:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Waiting on the cans
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:59:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Rifle Gear will be at the Lewisville Gun Show this weekend. Come check us out!
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Rifle Gear will be at the Lewisville Gun Show this weekend. Come check us out!
View Quote

Bringing LVOA?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top