Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2015 10:48:54 AM EDT
Going to GT dist. to pick up a new Glock 17 that came in.

The wife was using some gps program on her cell to get us there from Dallas Market.

She proceeds to get me on some toll road and no way to avoid it.

I'm thinking no biggie, I'll just pay the toll when I exit right ?

Well, there are no toll booths, at least that I encountered.

So, how's this going to work?

Do the Toll police come get me or what ?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:04:17 AM EDT
[#1]
They will bill you.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:14:40 AM EDT
[#2]
https://www.ntta.org/custinfo/zipcash/Pages/default.aspx

ZipCash:  Drive Now. Pay-By-Mail.

ZipCash offers a pay-by-mail option at higher rates for customers who do not have a TollTag. TollTag customers receive the lowest toll rates on NTTA roads; ZipCash customers pay a 50 percent premium to cover processing and administrative costs.

When a motorist without a TollTag drives through tolling points, high-speed cameras take digital images of the license plate, and the tolls are billed to the registered owner of the vehicle.

ZipCash is just one of two ways to pay for your NTTA toll road use. Drivers can avoid ZipCash’s higher toll rates and potential administrative fees by getting a TollTag.

ZipCash customers receive bills monthly as part of the new Simplified Billing structure. Get details of Simplified Billing and the fee structure of ZipCash bills.

ZipCash invoices can be paid online, by mail, phone, or in person with the NTTA Customer Service Center, or at a participating ACE Cash Express location or at Regional TollTag Partner locations.

Repeated failure to pay ZipCash bills can cause a driver being listed as a Habitual Violator, resulting in toll enforcements that include fees and fines, blocked vehicle registration, vehicle ban from NTTA toll roads (fine up to $500), and/or vehicle impoundment.

Texas law requires that bills be mailed to the registered owner of the vehicle; all motorists are responsible for updating their vehicle registration information with the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:56:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks

I've checked the site but couldn't find this,
Is there a way to pay my toll before the bill arrives, i mean can I enter my L.P. and get the amount ?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:43:13 PM EDT
[#4]
You should go ahead and register for a Starter Toll Tag. It is $20 and it debits each time you pass through a toll. You can set it to automatically refill your account with another $20 when you get down below a certain balance or you can set an email reminder to refill your account. You save more money on the tolls this way. The zip cash toll is always ~35% higher because they have to cover the expense to mail your fines.

Trust me. Set up a toll tag. You won't regret it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:45:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, I think i will.
Good to have just in case.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:18:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Keep documentation for any car you sell. We got a tolltag Bill for $1500.00 after the irresponsible asswipe that bought a car from us didn't get a toll tag, registration or insurance for that matter.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:24:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Zach,

Sale of the vehicle requires one of these -  https://vision21.txdmv.gov/Vehicle/VehicleLookup.aspx

mm
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 4:45:47 AM EDT
[#8]
1fromtx, when I got my toll tag I called and got them to pay my existing tolls at the reduced rate with the balance on my tag. Might save you a few cents to try for the same!
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Zach,

Sale of the vehicle requires one of these -  https://vision21.txdmv.gov/Vehicle/VehicleLookup.aspx

mm
View Quote

We just signed over the title at the time. They, (well, their mother), took care of the toll bill.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 4:25:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Keep documentation for any car you sell. We got a tolltag Bill for $1500.00 after the irresponsible asswipe that bought a car from us didn't get a toll tag, registration or insurance for that matter.
View Quote

When you sell a car, you should take off the license plates (and registration sticker) AND file a Vehicle Transfer Notification. That will prevent the above from happening.

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 7:09:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Same thing happened to me last year visiting my brother. It took several months for the bill to show up, not a big deal, non threatening. It basically just assumed you are now a new customer of the service. A second bill arrived a month later with $0 on it...that was over a year ago.

It was a regular price too, no additional fine if I recall. Just checked, it was $3.28 total.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top