Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 12:46:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Supplying cartels? The ATF hates competition.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 4:53:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Story gets interesting.  If you check the stories on FoxAustin or maybe KVUE, on the web pages, they have links to the indictment.  Interesting part is he received a FFL on 1 January 2015 under the business name Gun Addicts.  The charges all are prior to his receiving the FFL.  When I applied for my FFL way back when, the first step was an interview with an ATF agent, then a couple months wait for the actual FFL.  So, looks like the lying part was possibly during the interview process.  I did do a search on "FFL Williamson County Texas" and found the info.  BTW, I no longer hold a regular FFL, just a C&R.
View Quote

Sounds like he was dealing in firearms without a license and through his multiple purchases got on their radar.
Someone (maybe even ATF) probably told him he needed an FFL if he continued.

Even an FFL won't get you out of lying on a 4473.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 6:29:20 PM EDT
[#3]
If I am on the jury, it's most likely "not guilty".
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#4]
One of the guns he is accused of illegally selling was sold to him by my uncle.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

it depends on the evidence for me, but I'm not a fan of gun laws myself either
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:05:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote

I don't know. How many people did he fuck over while on the bench enforcing unjust, oppressive or fucked up laws?

I'll bet there were a bunch of them.

And then he's going to act like the law doesn't apply to him?

Mmmm.

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:07:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I don't know. How many people did he fuck over while on the bench enforcing unjust, oppressive or fucked up laws?

Mmmm.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mmmm.

You sure do assume alot to reach the conclusions you want to reach.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:09:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mmmm.

You don't pay attention
Quoted:

I've had the unfortunate experience of dealing with Mr. Wright in court
in regards to terminating my child support. My daughter was over 18 and
moved out on her own and my son had been living with me for the previous
 several years and joined the army after high school he was over 18 as
well.I had all my paper work birth certificates, tax records, diplomas
etc and this guy refused to even hear a word. He screamed at me in the
court room about not hiring counsel belittled me and was in general
EXCEEDINGLY rude and mean as a rattlesnake. He appeared very hung over
and in a bad mood,others commented on this outside the court room too.I
spoke to several people including attorneys that echoed the same
experiences. I've even talked to several contractors he allegedly
stiffed on remodels etc.

Williamson county judges have had a
long time reputation for being flat out hostile and lawless themselves.
It is amazing how people like that are above the law they hold others to
the letter of. A long overdue look at the Willco judicial system should
have taken place years ago. The hostility towards the general public
and " do as we say not as we do" attitude is truly appalling. Maybe
sitting on the other side of the bench will bring him to more humble
self awareness. I'll be shocked if anything comes of it though.

If you'll go back and READ, then you'd know that my initial reaction was to assume that it was a bullshit charge.

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:23:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You don't pay attention

If you'll go back and READ, then you'd know that my initial reaction was to assume that it was a bullshit charge.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mmmm.

You don't pay attention

Quoted:
I've had the unfortunate experience of dealing with Mr. Wright in court in regards to terminating my child support. My daughter was over 18 and moved out on her own and my son had been living with me for the previous  several years and joined the army after high school he was over 18 as well.I had all my paper work birth certificates, tax records, diplomas etc and this guy refused to even hear a word. He screamed at me in the court room about not hiring counsel belittled me and was in general EXCEEDINGLY rude and mean as a rattlesnake. He appeared very hung over and in a bad mood,others commented on this outside the court room too.I spoke to several people including attorneys that echoed the same experiences. I've even talked to several contractors he allegedly stiffed on remodels etc.
   Williamson county judges have had a long time reputation for being flat out hostile and lawless themselves. It is amazing how people like that are above the law they hold others to the letter of. A long overdue look at the Willco judicial system should have taken place years ago. The hostility towards the general public and " do as we say not as we do" attitude is truly appalling. Maybe sitting on the other side of the bench will bring him to more humble self awareness. I'll be shocked if anything comes of it though.

Some guy on the internet said.

It's entirely possible he's a scumbag of the highest order.

That doesn't mean an unjust law would magically become a just and proper law.

Here's an ethical question for you:

The cops catch Jose the gangbanger.   Everyone knows he's a gangbangin piece of shit.  But they don't have any evidence he did anything but manufacture an illegal machine gun.  And they want to throw the book at him.

They have him dead to rights on the MG charge and that's all they're charging him with.   How do you find him?   Guilty or not guilty?
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:35:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Got some more insider goodies.

Couple of high profile attorneys took his case pro bono and he's already been offered a plea bargain apparently signaling an extremely weak case.

Again, just passing what I heard. Don't shoot the messenger.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:50:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Some guy on the internet said.
It's entirely possible he's a scumbag of the highest order.
That doesn't mean an unjust law would magically become a just and proper law.
Here's an ethical question for you:
The cops catch Jose the gangbanger.   Everyone knows he's a gangbangin piece of shit.  But they don't have any evidence he did anything but manufacture an illegal machine gun.  And they want to throw the book at him.
They have him dead to rights on the MG charge and that's all they're charging him with.   How do you find him?   Guilty or not guilty?
View Quote

No.
But we're not talking about Jose the gangbanger, and we're not talking about one charge.
According to the indictment we're talking about a guy who repeatedly and knowingly not only sold guns to a convicted felon and lied on a 4473, but also a guy who apparently aided getting those guns into the hands of Mexican drug cartels.
If the police had evidence that Jose the gangbanger made an illegal machine gun and then knowingly sold it to a terrorist, then you're goddamn right I'd vote to send him up if I were on the jury.
However, I am curious to know how what the details are. Did the ATF send this guy to buy guns off the judge in exchange for help with his legal problems? I would not put entrapment past the ATF. Did the ATF bust this guy on his way to Mexico with a trunk full of guns, and then he ratted on the judge in exchange for help with his charges? Did the judge buy the guns and then wound up needing money because something came up so he sold them? Or did the informant come to him and say 'Some friends of mine south of the border need some guns, I'll pay you twice what you paid for them' and the judge said "OK!"?
The devil is in the details, and we don't know enough. But, if the charges are true, a judge who repeatedly and knowingly sold guns to a felon and bought more guns for this felon, knowing that this felon was going to supply them to the Mexican drug cartels, knowing what the cartels would use those guns for...that is morally and criminally wrong.
Sorry bud, but as you know, I am NOT a libertarian. Common sense has to play into it and a law enforcement official knowingly and repeatedly arming narco-terrorists belongs in prison. As do Holder and Obama for doing the exact same thing, only on a much larger scale.

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:56:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Couple of high profile attorneys took his case pro bono and he's already been offered a plea bargain apparently signaling an extremely weak case.

View Quote

Federal prosecutors have high conviction rates and they keep their conviction rates high by not taking weak cases. They review the evidence before they go for an indictment and if they don't think they can win then they tell the agents to come back with something better.

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 10:54:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Federal prosecutors have high conviction rates and they keep their conviction rates high by not taking weak cases. They review the evidence before they go for an indictment and if they don't think they can win then they tell the agents to come back with something better.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Feds don't go to trial with weak cases. They have the budget and people that will take the time to make it airtight.  I've seen the FBI spend millions and 6 years on a money laundering case.
If the evidence shows the judge is dirty, the judge needs to go to prison.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 12:17:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Vice article from today:

http://www.vice.com/read/a-texas-judge-got-arrested-for-smuggling-guns-across-the-mexico-border-410
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 12:34:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Vice article from today:

http://www.vice.com/read/a-texas-judge-got-arrested-for-smuggling-guns-across-the-mexico-border-410
View Quote

Not much new info, other than the fact that the ATF seized his pick up truck.

Here is what concerns me about this story...what exactly did the judge do to smuggle these guns to Mexico?

Is this smuggling and aiding & abetting charge a stretch charge because the guy he sold the guns to took them to Mexico without the judge knowing that was the plan? Or did the judge know that JD was going to take the guns to Mexico? Or did the judge drive down to the border and put these guns in the hands of some cartel mule knowing he was going to take those guns to Mexico? Or did the judge cross the border with the guns and deliver them to the cartel?

Why did the ATF seize his truck? My understanding is that the truck would have to have been used in the commission of the crime in order to be eligible for forfeiture right? So did they seize the truck because that is the truck he drove to the gun store to buy the guns he sold to JD, without know JD was a felon planning on taking the guns to Mexico? Or did the Judge load these guns into the truck and drive them down to Mexico to deliver the guns to the cartel?

Lots of questions for me still. But, as I said before, IF this judge knowingly armed narco-terrorists then he should go to prison.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:32:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I do not disagree.
Quoted:

My first instinct as far as the ATF goes is "believe the opposite"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LINK TO STORY

Holy shitballs.

Wright, 70, is charged with three counts of selling firearms to a prohibited person, one count of aiding and abetting and facilitating the smuggling and attempted smuggling of firearms, one count of facilitating the smuggling and attempted smuggling of firearms, two counts of giving a false statement during purchase of a firearm and two counts of making false statements to government agents.

The indictment states on Feb. 5, Feb. 19 and Feb. 24, Wright knowingly sold firearms to a convicted criminal. It also states between June and October 2014, Wright aided in exporting multiple firearms out of the United States and attempted to once again export firearms between Dec. 4, 2014 and March 27, 2015. The guns were intended to be exported to Mexico, according to an ATF special agent.

I hope he gets the max sentence assuming he is truly guilty.

Yeah, if he is truly guilty then he really has no excuse because he definitely knew better.

My first instinct as far as the ATF goes is "believe the opposite"

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 11:55:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Something doesn't add up. Wright is supposed to have gotten his FFl this past January. Sells to a convicted felon time times in a month, did he not call in the purchase? Or asked for a CHL?

Then being a judge, plus an attorney, plus all the other business he's been in, he shouldn't be desperate for money, especially since the FFL was home based..

I think he pissed off some local Dem with enough pull to get the BATFE evolved? Saw it happen to Tony at the Trader's in Kali. After just passing a week long state of California DOJ audit.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 12:53:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Something doesn't add up. Wright is supposed to have gotten his FFl this past January.
According to wallym777's post, the charges are for actions prior to receiving his FFL.

Sells to a convicted felon time times in a month, did he not call in the purchase? Or asked for a CHL?
Can't do an FBI NICS background check unless you hold an FFL.....and he didn't have one when these transactions occurred.

Then being a judge, plus an attorney, plus all the other business he's been in, he shouldn't be desperate for money, especially since the FFL was home based..
A former customer of mine is sitting in his $400,000+ home wearing an ankle bracelet while awaiting trial on stealing a gun (not from me).
Appearances can be deceiving.

I think he pissed off some local Dem with enough pull to get the BATFE evolved? Saw it happen to Tony at the Trader's in Kali. After just passing a week long state of California DOJ audit.
Doubtful. Usually firearm trafficking cases begin with a firearm recovered during an arrest in the US or recovered in Mexico or close to the border. ATF then runs a trace.
View Quote

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top