Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/28/2015 12:18:02 PM EDT
No real details beyond 'Federal Firearms Regulations violations.' Wonder what he had.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 1:36:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 1:41:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

No real details beyond 'Federal Firearms Regulations violations.' Wonder what he had.
View Quote

Probably an unregistered set of spare shoelaces.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:23:16 PM EDT
[#3]
He owned a shotgun and hacksaw, they got him for intent
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:21:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He owned a shotgun and hacksaw, they got him for intent
View Quote

Yeah, open and shut case...  these days "intent" in the eyes of BATFE is if you visit a gun shop and a hardware store on the same day...  you obviously intended to buy a shotgun and a hacksaw and cut it down below 18"...

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:26:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thats  a fair amount of boxes. I'll guess dealing without an FFL.
View Quote

10 handguns and 3 rifles?

I brought more than that to the shoot last weekend.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:18:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats  a fair amount of boxes. I'll guess dealing without an FFL.

I know that there are many people with far bigger collections than that. I was just taking a guess at things.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:23:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll be interested to know what this turns out to be about.

I'm sure it's some iron fisted bullshit from the Brownshirts.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:38:52 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Those black cases look like SA pistol boxes.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:56:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Well it is Williamson county where they will give you max penalty for got 1 mile over the speed limit or fine you for littering if you flick a booger out the window so maybe those are confiscated guns that he took into his own collection?  Kind of a small collection though.  I will also give him the benefit of doubt though as this is the ATF.  They armed cartels and blamed it on merchants, did a number on Waco, and thinks that having a trust or a business is a loop hole for criminals with zero proof to back it up.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:24:04 PM EDT
[#10]
You said it.... should ask why ex convicts are now law officers?   (quotas are one answer)  there is a law about such graduates having a firearm, etc.....what a bunch!
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 4:07:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I've had the unfortunate experience of dealing with Mr. Wright in court in regards to terminating my child support. My daughter was over 18 and moved out on her own and my son had been living with me for the previous  several years and joined the army after high school he was over 18 as well.I had all my paper work birth certificates, tax records, diplomas etc and this guy refused to even hear a word. He screamed at me in the court room about not hiring counsel belittled me and was in general EXCEEDINGLY rude and mean as a rattlesnake. He appeared very hung over and in a bad mood,others commented on this outside the court room too.I spoke to several people including attorneys that echoed the same experiences. I've even talked to several contractors he allegedly stiffed on remodels etc.
   Williamson county judges have had a long time reputation for being flat out hostile and lawless themselves. It is amazing how people like that are above the law they hold others to the letter of. A long overdue look at the Willco judicial system should have taken place years ago. The hostility towards the general public and " do as we say not as we do" attitude is truly appalling. Maybe sitting on the other side of the bench will bring him to more humble self awareness. I'll be shocked if anything comes of it though.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:03:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm sure he was mad because you did not play into the judicial system. Someone has to feed the lawyers- and to by-pass that step means they cannot extract every dollar possible from you. Frickin racket. I can't stand lawyers (except one). Most are scumbags.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:48:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Saw that one coming for a long time,  although I did not expect the ATF to be at the front of the line.

My bet is that he was flipping LE program guns.  You  would find him in all the local gunshops constantly.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:04:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Saw that one coming for a long time,  although I did not expect the ATF to be at the front of the line.

My bet is that he was flipping LE program guns.  You  would find him in all the local gunshops constantly.
View Quote

Ohhhhh...

What a cock! Dealing without a license is a bullshit law, but if he's using his status as a judge to get the law enforcement discount and then selling those guns for a markup then he's a cock. Those discounts are given by dealers because LEOs don't make a shitload of money, and they need quality weapons, or out of appreciation for the shit they put up with for the job they do.

Sounds like this guy is a cock in every way.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:13:28 PM EDT
[#15]

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:25:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I've met Judge Wright, both in a professional capacity and at gun shows. I know that when he was selling guns at gun shows, he would do the whole 4473 thing, so pretty sure he has an FFL, or someone at his table did. Nice guy, so not sure where all this vitriol is coming from. I know he's partially deaf, and has limited or no use of one arm. Sounds to me like some of the i's and t's didn't get crossed/dotted. But pretty sure no one here knows exactly what's going on.

"As of Friday night, Wright had not been charged nor was he in custody."
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#17]
He lives like a block from me. SWAT had the streets blocked and animal control came flying in for some reason. Our HOA prez is waiting for updates.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 4:31:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
He lives like a block from me. SWAT had the streets blocked and animal control came flying in for some reason. Our HOA prez is waiting for updates.
View Quote

Eeewwwww, keep us updated.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 4:45:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Ohhhhh...

What a cock! Dealing without a license is a bullshit law, but if he's using his status as a judge to get the law enforcement discount and then selling those guns for a markup then he's a cock. Those discounts are given by dealers because LEOs don't make a shitload of money, and they need quality weapons, or out of appreciation for the shit they put up with for the job they do.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ohhhhh...

Judges are included in most Blue Label Programs. So the purchases might have been within program guidelines. I do not think "LEOs don't make a shitload of money" has anything to do with it, some make big $$$ and some do not even get paid.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 4:59:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I've met Judge Wright, both in a professional capacity and at gun shows. I know that when he was selling guns at gun shows, he would do the whole 4473 thing, so pretty sure he has an FFL, or someone at his table did.
View Quote

ATF web site says he has a FFL and it was just renewed in Jan.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:05:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Judges are included in most Blue Label Programs. So the purchases might have been within program guidelines. I do not think "LEOs don't make a shitload of money" has anything to do with it, some make big $$$ and some do not even get paid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ohhhhh...

It isn't meant to be a wholesale source for people to resell those guns at a markup.

Don't get me wrong, I think dealing without a license is BS, as is every other gun control law, but if that is what he was doing, buying guns on the LEO discount to resell for a markup, then that's a dick move.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:10:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It isn't meant to be a wholesale source for people to resell those guns at a markup.

Don't get me wrong, I think dealing without a license is BS, as is every other gun control law, but if that is what he was doing, buying guns on the LEO discount to resell for a markup, then that's a dick move.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ohhhhh...

Well he is an FFL, so he can get better than Blue Label Price in most cases. I doubt Blue Label had anything to do with it. ATF does not care about that.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:39:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:42:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Well he is an FFL, so he can get better than Blue Label Price in most cases......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ohhhhh...

Well he is an FFL, so he can get better than Blue Label Price in most cases......

I've yet to find a distributor that comes anywhere close to Glock Blue label pricing.
The lowest dealer cost on a Gen 3 Glock is $42 more than Glocks Blue label price for LE/first responders.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:57:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I've yet to find a distributor that comes anywhere close to Glock Blue label pricing.
The lowest dealer cost on a Gen 3 Glock is $42 more than Glocks Blue label price for LE/first responders.
View Quote

Glock Blue Label is a good deal, and they include GSSF in it too. The best price for Glock is the Stocking Dealer Program, but they limit you to 15 guns at that price last I checked. Other Blue Label Programs such as SilencerCo, are  higher than FFL price last time I checked.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Cause apparently he knows the po-po's pretty well and he's the one in charge of calming the fears of the OMG GUNZ POLICE IN OUR NEIGHBROHOODS!!!

Everyone was all panicking and I'm over here like huh, wonder what he had and how much he was getting for bulk 9mm.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I've met Judge Wright, both in a professional capacity and at gun shows. I know that when he was selling guns at gun shows, he would do the whole 4473 thing, so pretty sure he has an FFL, or someone at his table did. Nice guy, so not sure where all this vitriol is coming from. I know he's partially deaf, and has limited or no use of one arm. Sounds to me like some of the i's and t's didn't get crossed/dotted. But pretty sure no one here knows exactly what's going on.

"As of Friday night, Wright had not been charged nor was he in custody."
View Quote

You kinda hit the nail on the head, in a way. I have no idea what he was allegedly doing or not doing. I also was visited by atf years ago when I lived in Round Rock. I had a Lahti 20 mm which had a 50 BMG sub cal sleeve permanently installed. A concerned neighbor called in on me when I brought it back from the ranch  to clean after shooting it. Needless to say it wasn't fun but no harm was done. So I share the same experience and actually empathize with him on that level. If he isn't arrested yet then he probably won't be. I actually hope he isn't  so he can return to the bench with a different outlook on freedom.
  If he would have even given me a chance to speak or visited with me in his chambers we probably would have a lot in common. Much less offer to cross a t or dot the i as you stated. But instead it cost me several k. I'm partially deaf as all people that grew up shooting here in the 70's and have a bad knee too. He didn't take pity on that either. It's amazing how things are different when the shoe is on the other foot. I guess the ignorance plea is out?
  Regardless of everything I hate to see anyone suffer and wish him the best. His career as a judge is over and he probably knows it better than anyone.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 5:43:02 AM EDT
[#28]
This was on the local Austin news last night, still no real info on why the ATF was there or any charges.  His lawyer wouldn't give any details either on whether it was a paperwork issue or some kind of other charge.  Judge was back at work on Monday morning
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 8:23:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This was on the local Austin news last night, still no real info on why the ATF was there or any charges.  His lawyer wouldn't give any details either on whether it was a paperwork issue or some kind of other charge.  Judge was back at work on Monday morning
View Quote

I wasn't too impressed with that lawyer.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 9:51:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Rumor has it He sold a firearm to someone, who then sold it to someone else, and that firearm wound up being used in a crime. Take it for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 10:07:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Rumor has it He sold a firearm to someone, who then sold it to someone else, and that firearm wound up being used in a crime. Take it for what it's worth.
View Quote

Good grief, if true, that is such a crock.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 4:03:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, yeah, I was thinking the same thing.  You would think a judge would know some good lawyers he could call on, but his options might not be as great as we would expect.  Some might cry foul over a conflict of interest if he used a local lawyer that later appears in his courtroom for other cases.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:14:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's not justification for a raid, otherwise just about every major gunstore would be out of business.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That's not justification for a raid, otherwise just about every major gunstore would be out of business.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe the store in Killeen that sold Nidal the handgun used in the Ft Hood massacre is still in business as it should be. They did nothing wrong in my opinion. I can't believe the atf  will not disclose the nature of the raid.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:01:42 PM EDT
[#35]
So... how much of your personal property can the Federal government take without compensating you or charging you with a crime and for how long can they hold it?
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:16:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Apparently the can sieze it, then charge you to store it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:17:29 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

So... how much of your personal property can the Federal government take without compensating you or charging you with a crime and for how long can they hold it?
View Quote

As much as they want and until they say so.

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 10:33:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they confiscate your whole "arsenal" they can keep it for years as in the case of one guy I know.  He had a vindictive g/f that falsely accused him of DV and later retracted her accusation when he was in court.  And he never did get ALL of his guns back and spent globs of money paying a lawyer to stay on top the case.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 8:33:32 PM EDT
[#39]
LINK TO STORY

Holy shitballs.

Wright, 70, is charged with three counts of selling firearms to a prohibited person, one count of aiding and abetting and facilitating the smuggling and attempted smuggling of firearms, one count of facilitating the smuggling and attempted smuggling of firearms, two counts of giving a false statement during purchase of a firearm and two counts of making false statements to government agents.

The indictment states on Feb. 5, Feb. 19 and Feb. 24, Wright knowingly sold firearms to a convicted criminal. It also states between June and October 2014, Wright aided in exporting multiple firearms out of the United States and attempted to once again export firearms between Dec. 4, 2014 and March 27, 2015. The guns were intended to be exported to Mexico, according to an ATF special agent.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 8:37:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Sounds like he shouldn't have said anything at all to the investigators.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:19:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
LINK TO STORY

Holy shitballs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
LINK TO STORY

Holy shitballs.

Wright, 70, is charged with three counts of selling firearms to a prohibited person, one count of aiding and abetting and facilitating the smuggling and attempted smuggling of firearms, one count of facilitating the smuggling and attempted smuggling of firearms, two counts of giving a false statement during purchase of a firearm and two counts of making false statements to government agents.

The indictment states on Feb. 5, Feb. 19 and Feb. 24, Wright knowingly sold firearms to a convicted criminal. It also states between June and October 2014, Wright aided in exporting multiple firearms out of the United States and attempted to once again export firearms between Dec. 4, 2014 and March 27, 2015. The guns were intended to be exported to Mexico, according to an ATF special agent.

I hope he gets the max sentence assuming he is truly guilty.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:24:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is almost always true.   What he should have done was lawyer up immediately and let his lawyer do any talking necessary.

He's a judge and probably has a law degree...  doesn't matter, attorneys are often their own worst lawyers.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:25:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LINK TO STORY

Holy shitballs.

Yeah, if he is truly guilty then he really has no excuse because he definitely knew better.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:34:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yeah, if he is truly guilty then he really has no excuse because he definitely knew better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LINK TO STORY

Holy shitballs.

My first instinct as far as the ATF goes is "believe the opposite"
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:32:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That is almost always true.   What he should have done was lawyer up immediately and let his lawyer do any talking necessary.

He's a judge and probably has a law degree...  doesn't matter, attorneys are often their own worst lawyers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not your first thought when your above the law. How bout the fact he doesn't see a indictment as as a conflict of interest. Yet you and I would lose our jobs at a mere arrest. This totally makes my point about the wilco judicial system. But then again if Eric Holder can do it why can't he? Better call Saul.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 11:41:33 PM EDT
[#46]
With that list of charges, it sounds like this guy's planning to be the next US AG.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 11:43:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Is he going to be allowed to serve out his term while waiting trial?
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 12:48:47 AM EDT
[#48]
I don't know how I feel about this.

On one hand I am a Second Amendment absolutist and I don't think there should be any such thing as a "gun law'.

On the other hand I am a pragmatist and I don't think that people should be arming the henchmen of the drug cartels.

On the other hand I wonder if breaking an immoral law is a crime.

On yet another hand I wonder if this gun law against exporting firearms to criminals in this day is truly immoral...particularly.

On the final hand I would readily tar and feather a judge flouting the law...but the USAG and President of the United States of America did the exact same thing and no one can touch them.

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#49]
As a gun owner / enthusiast and staunch 2nd A supporter and having been around the same all my life I will be the first to say some gun dealers, not so much the average owner whom are the backbone of this country, but dealers, are pure scum, on the par with sleazy pawnshop owners and back alley bail bondsmen/repo guys.

This isn't the first FFL holder I've known of who operated behind the holier than thou facade and was a criminal.  Anyone remember Richard Sievers who got caught supplying an Uzi and other Class 3 hardware to an old con middleman to sell on the street? He, of course, was chickenshit enough to think if he let his friend do the actual FTF deal he would be insulated.  His nasty hovel was raided by ATF and he was taken off in cuffs but somehow avoided prison. He was something you scrape off your shoe.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 12:39:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Story gets interesting.  If you check the stories on FoxAustin or maybe KVUE, on the web pages, they have links to the indictment.  Interesting part is he received a FFL on 1 January 2015 under the business name Gun Addicts.  The charges all are prior to his receiving the FFL.  When I applied for my FFL way back when, the first step was an interview with an ATF agent, then a couple months wait for the actual FFL.  So, looks like the lying part was possibly during the interview process.  I did do a search on "FFL Williamson County Texas" and found the info.  BTW, I no longer hold a regular FFL, just a C&R.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top