Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 77
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:09:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Outstanding.  Congrats and thanks for everybody's efforts.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:09:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:
Yep.  No need for the negative vibes when we are trying to get something done.  They were trying to minimize the effort as a lost cause.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1057:
Originally Posted By MateFrio:
Wish I'd kept track of the doubters and the hand wringers that said this wouldn't happen.
Go look through the thread and them call them into the pit.  

For what? Having a difference of opinion?
Yep.  No need for the negative vibes when we are trying to get something done.  They were trying to minimize the effort as a lost cause.  

Like I said a couple pages back, I am against OC, and will even admit I didn't think it stood a snowballs chance in hell.  The majority of people, such as those expressed in this thread have spoken and the majority got OC.  No butt hurt here Congratulations guys/gal's, y'all certainly worked hard for the legalization of OC.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:10:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:12:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By mojo:

Let's forget the small stuff, enjoy the moment and focus on another pro-gun bill.  Ok, guys?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Papa51:
Originally Posted By 74novaman:
Wish I'd kept track of the doubters and the hand wringers that said this wouldn't happen.

Chasmartel, Slappy, one other guy whose name escapes me at the moment....

Skunktop...  

ETA: Missed it by that much 99 ...  

Let's forget the small stuff, enjoy the moment and focus on another pro-gun bill.  Ok, guys?

I agree, the NFA Shall sign bill NEEDS to happen!!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:12:24 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

May I suggest SB476/HB1179
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:12:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Check out the pit, all the threads have been locked
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lowonair:

That's what most pit threads are. Seems fitting.

Yeah there was a recent rule change after the trg meltdown. Didn't know they pretty much shut it down.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:12:53 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lowonair:

That's what most pit threads are. Seems fitting.

what is that all about.  I thought that was the proper place to thump on someone that needs a good thumping.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:12:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Well said, mojo. Out-fucking -standing gentlemen.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:13:25 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:14:20 PM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 74novaman:

Chasmartel, Slappy, one other guy whose name escapes me at the moment....

Skunktop...  

ETA: Missed it by that much 99 ...  

Big +1  I called House Calendar Chair Todd Hunter's office this morning pushing to get SB 476 on the House Calendar.  Needs to happen...
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:15:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:15:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Seems the Senate is playing games with the House.  

"The amendment Sen Huffines put on was not exactly word for word but very close." - Dan Patrick FB.

Goes back to the House.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:16:05 PM EDT
[#13]
If we can get NFA Shall sign or Campus carry passed, it will have been a damn good session.

Frustrating at times, but good.

If we can get both plus open carry....oh man.

Grins for days.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:17:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Man, step out for a bit and you miss all the action! Congratulations everyone!  I recommend shifting fire to the House now.  If anything is going to make it through in this last week, it will have to come through there.  The House should be encouraged to pass clean SBs sitting in Calendars.

Something went a bit awry in the deal for campus carry, it appears but that still seems to be doable.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:18:24 PM EDT
[#15]

"The amendment Sen Huffines put on was not exactly word for word but very close." - Dan Patrick FB.

Goes back to the House.
View Quote

So what now? How long/what gets it to the floor?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:20:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Goes back to the House.
View Quote

Seriously, HB 910 is heading back to the House?  That's confirmed?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:21:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: soowah] [#17]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:21:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: soowah] [#18]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:26:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Someone needs to show senator huffine's interns how to use copy paste if it's one  word off.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:31:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:32:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By soowah:

Will go to the floor for up or down vote. If what Patrick said is true. If the Huffines amendment got pulled it would be back to committee in the House and the whole process would start over with both chambers.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jt2134:

Goes back to the House.

Will go to the floor for up or down vote. If what Patrick said is true. If the Huffines amendment got pulled it would be back to committee in the House and the whole process would start over with both chambers.

Yes sir I understand that part. My question is what gets the bill to house floor for a vote? Does it go thru a calendar committee? I understand that the vote is a up or down, but what is the process now to get there? Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:33:05 PM EDT
[#22]
From Charles Cotton:

"I still can't give any details, but I will say that campus-carry was very much a part of the proceedings. It has publicly disclosed that the Senate and House had cut a deal on HB910 and SB11, so I'm not disclosing anything confidential. The details are something else. Call your Representative and ask them to support SB11 and oppose amendments not acceptable to the author. I hope the deal is still in place."

You can look at who was voting for what on some of these amendments and probably make some educated guesses as to some elements of that deal.  If HB910 is getting sent back to the House despite the Huffhine amendment, I'd guess that HB910 finishing in the House is part of the deal as well.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:34:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:35:40 PM EDT
[#24]
You had one job Huffine, one job!
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:38:11 PM EDT
[#25]

If you read the rest of Patricks FB post you get this little gem.

View All Quotes

If you read the rest of Patricks FB post you get this little gem.

The House has also had Campus Carry bill for two months. They have agreed to pass that bill in the next few days.
I've had no doubt these two bills would make it this session.  What I don't like, and am very critical of, is the game playing that still goes on when Texas voters have handed them as close to the perfect Republican run legislator they could possibly have.

It's shameful the amount of time spent on these issues that should be easy and off the plate early in the session.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:40:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:43:15 PM EDT
[#27]

Since this has been passed by both houses they *generally* go to the top of the calendars. With Straus still there it could be a few days. It will happen this session though. It's a done deal.
View All Quotes

Goes back to the House.

Yes sir I understand that part. My question is what gets the bill to house floor for a vote? Does it go thru a calendar committee? I understand that the vote is a up or down, but what is the process now to get there? Thanks.

Since this has been passed by both houses they *generally* go to the top of the calendars. With Straus still there it could be a few days. It will happen this session though. It's a done deal.

Okay thank you for the information.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:43:43 PM EDT
[#28]
I watched most of the day but I was hunting when it passed!  Sad that no hogs died by my hands tonight but this news more than makes up for it!!!  Time for Camus carry and forced butt fuckers like assevado to sign for class III
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:45:25 PM EDT
[#29]
So, who do I need to contact tomorrow to get this finally made into a law?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:50:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Damn just read after page 95, so does it have to stall the 3 days like in the senate?  Does the house have a calendar as well that it has to go on?  Cut and paste is a very simple function of all computers, a few words off and it gets further delay, that sucks
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:50:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:52:20 PM EDT
[#32]
From Matt Krause

Since the Senate changed the bill before voting on it, HB 910 must go back to the House where the bill's author (Larry Phillips) can either concur in the changes or not concur. If the author concurs, then the bill goes to the Governor. If the author does not concur, then a conference committee is assembled on the House and Senate side. Then, those individuals hammer out the details and present it back to their chambers. But, I am fairly confident that Rep. Phillips will concur in the amended version and it will head to the governor's desk.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:55:35 PM EDT
[#33]

Noting will happen till Tuesday. As far as I know.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Iram:

Actually, TLO website shows the House in session both Saturday and Sunday, check out the House Calendar
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:01:11 AM EDT
[#34]

Actually, TLO website shows the House in session both Saturday and Sunday, check out the House Calendar
View All Quotes

Maybe we can get lucky this weekend? What are the odds? Anyway we are one step closer. Keep up the fight.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:01:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Then why would Cotton opposed the Huffines amendment along with everyone else that posted over on the CHL forum that was linked over here severable pages back, after I mentioned that I supported the amendment?  Saying it will kill the entire HB910 Bill.   Now, he's saying he knew he knew Hb910 woils be passed through some backdoor agreement?  
I don't know him, but from the strong respect some people show with regards to him, he has y respect too....but I didn't get the warm fuzzies when I showed strong support for Huffines amendment...
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:05:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Congrats everyone. Too long in coming, but finally done. We need to start on the next session planning for constitutional carry. I'm working nights or I would be celebrating too. Tomorrow I see about getting my Gun Talk 20 Sig P220 in 10mm. I have a saddle maker back home who will make me a custom holster for it. That's the way to celebrate. I'll get something commemorative on the leather.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:05:33 AM EDT
[#37]
This is great news

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:06:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:07:47 AM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

Thought I heard Patrick say they were going to work late into the night, then would be back Sun at 6pm??
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:15:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:17:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlamTX] [#41]
From Matt Krause

Since the Senate changed the bill before voting on it, HB 910 must go back to the House where the bill's author (Larry Phillips) can either concur in the changes or not concur. If the author concurs, then the bill goes to the Governor. If the author does not concur, then a conference committee is assembled on the House and Senate side. Then, those individuals hammer out the details and present it back to their chambers. But, I am fairly confident that Rep. Phillips will concur in the amended version and it will head to the governor's desk.
View Quote

If this is the case, then we know who to call.

Before we call THIS time, I'd like to hear from some of our resident legal experts like Bartholomew_Roberts.  There seems to be a lot of confusion, still.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:24:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bartholomew_Roberts] [#42]
Clearly, there is something fucky with the Dutton/Huffhines amendment.  Basically, the amendment just restates settled law on the 4th Amendment that has been upheld with regards to firearms carry licenses by every Circuit Court of Appeals to consider the issue as far as I am aware.

Yet 30 people who voted against HB910 in the House voted for the Dutton Amendment.  In the Senate, Senator Estes who is a solid guy opposed the Huffhines Amendment.  I don't know that I call Sen. Huffman "solid" but she voted SB11 & SB17 out of committee.  She also led the effort to strip the Dutton Amendment out of HB910 and tried to kill Huffhines Amendment.  Meanwhile Sen. West & Ellis who both oppose OC supported the Huffhines Amendment.

That's a lot of fighting by an odd coalition of politicians over an amendment that isn't meaningless per se; but pretty damn close to it. And even without the anti-votes, it had enough votes to pass both branches against the will of the bill's author.  So clearly, some reliable pro-gun people think it is a good deal also.  I hope one day I get to hear the inside-baseball version of that story.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:33:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By AlamTX:

Before we call THIS time, I'd like to hear from some of our resident legal experts like Bartholomew_Roberts.  There seems to be a lot of confusion, still.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlamTX:
From Matt Krause

If I'm the expert, we're all in trouble

There isn't really anything we can do with HB910 now and I think there is zero chance they don't move forward on a bill that has passed the House and Senate in the same practical form.  I'd say OC is a done deal at this point.

I'd say shift fire to the House and start putting pressure on them to get any/all of the already passed gun SBs languishing in House Calendars out for a vote ASAP - particularly SB11 (Campus Carry).  I'd also keep an eye on TSRA and Charles Cotton's posts to see if they mention any particular person who might need special polite encouragement to help SB11 along.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:34:20 AM EDT
[#44]
If they pass a bill in both houses, can it still be killed by the conference committee or do they at least need to address it before the session ends?

I really wouldn't worry too much. If both houses passed it and it's just a couple words out of place then they'll send it to Abbott. I think the Republicans want to pass this bill so that they can take it home. If it passed, I think it'll become law.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:48:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By motown_steve:
If they pass a bill in both houses, can it still be killed by the conference committee or do they at least need to address it before the session ends?

I really wouldn't worry too much. If both houses passed it and it's just a couple words out of place then they'll send it to Abbott. I think the Republicans want to pass this bill so that they can take it home. If it passed, I think it'll become law.
View Quote

It can still be killed in conference committee.  Easily even.  All they have to do is sit on it and run out the clock.  I can't imagine it going to conference committee though - and even if it did, Patrick and Straus would appoint the committee members.  If either of those guys wanted HB910 dead, it would have been done much earlier in the process.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:49:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:00:43 AM EDT
[#47]

We don't care about the Senate anymore, they passed it. House action is up next apparently since the original HB 910 was changed.
If MF's post is correct and the Bill's Author can unilaterally approve the change then there will be no real house action, unless he disapproves of the changes.
View All Quotes

Thought I heard Patrick say they were going to work late into the night, then would be back Sun at 6pm??

We don't care about the Senate anymore, they passed it. House action is up next apparently since the original HB 910 was changed.
If MF's post is correct and the Bill's Author can unilaterally approve the change then there will be no real house action, unless he disapproves of the changes.

Doh! Alcohol caught up to me
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:37:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Vandy58:
I watched most of the day but I was hunting when it passed!  Sad that no hogs died by my hands tonight but this news more than makes up for it!!!  Time for Camus carry and forced butt fuckers like assevado to sign for class III
View Quote

Point of order: Acevedo isn't the CLEO in Travis county, Sheriff Hamilton is. And he will sign.

Interesting that the Wilco Sheriff won't, though.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 7:29:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By goldtop:

Point of order: Acevedo isn't the CLEO in Travis county, Sheriff Hamilton is. And he will sign.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By goldtop:
Originally Posted By Vandy58:

I know that as my first class III was signed by Hamilton, now I have a trust.  My point was passing forcing dip shits such as assevado to sign.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 7:57:47 AM EDT
[#50]
I don't like SB11. There are too many restrictions on where once can carry and it lets private colleges ban carry.
Page / 77
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top