BCM
User Panel

Page / 77
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 2:17:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ar15hookem:
It was just reported on the radio that Gov. Abbott will sign Campus carry and Open carry Saturday 6-13-15  in Plugerville at a gun range. Red's maybe?
View Quote

Ceremonial signing, really. It passes tonight at midnight doesn't it due to the 10 day rule?
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 2:59:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Gopher:

Ceremonial signing, really. It passes tonight at midnight doesn't it due to the 10 day rule?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
It was just reported on the radio that Gov. Abbott will sign Campus carry and Open carry Saturday 6-13-15  in Plugerville at a gun range. Red's maybe?

It's 20 due to something that I can't remember.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 4:45:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dino] [#3]

Originally Posted By motown_steve:

No retort. I've never met you, I don't think I have anyway. I've met a lot of people here though so I may have met you a don't remember it. I've been to training with arfcomers, shoots with arfcomers, been to people's houses, done business with people been to dinner with peopl, met people for beers, given things away to people who were looking for something, donated money and things to help out fellow arfcomers...but now I'm the enemy, because I see a bill as a gateway to unconstitutional harassment of gun owners.
I would have expected a little more reason out if the HTF than in GD, but the most you're going to get out of me is to stay out of the Texas Forum. If you think I'm going to go live somewhere else because some guys on the Internet don't like me then you're delusional.

View Quote

Reading is fundamental Motown.

You aren't the enemy, you just did a pretty damn good impersonation of one on this issue.     As another poster said, you can't see the forest through the trees.

eta:  I hope you stay in the THTF, but when the vast majority of members tell you your views are fucked up on a given situation,   maybe you need to rethink your views.    If you can't take criticism of your views,   then you might want to avoid the internet entirely.

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 5:11:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By lowonair:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lowonair:

Session is over rule.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 12:39:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I can see why.  Legally a gun range is the best place to go and have a
bunch of folks open carrying around you for the photo op before July
1st.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 3:45:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 3:55:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlamTX] [#7]
       Is it happening?

ETA:

Gov. Greg Abbott signs an open-carry bill passed by the state Legislature at Red’s Indoor Range, a gun store and shooting range in Pflugerville, Texas, on June 13, 2015
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/13/2015 3:56:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AlamTX:
Is it happening?
View Quote

Past tense. It's done.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 4:27:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By DonKey153:
Past tense. It's done.
View All Quotes

Is it happening?

Past tense. It's done.
No way this will happen. They should have banned all handgun carry until we get constitutional carry.

Link Posted: 6/13/2015 4:29:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlamTX] [#10]

Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:
No way this will happen. They should have banned all handgun carry until we get constitutional carry.  
View All Quotes

Is it happening?

Past tense. It's done.
I say we should triple down.

Make all guns illegal or let us open carry machine guns and samurai swords without a license or citizenship... felons, as well.

Link Posted: 6/13/2015 5:34:10 PM EDT
[#11]
View All Quotes
Is it happening?

Past tense. It's done.

Just when I thought I had heard every stupid comment possible on this subject, along comes something even a retard wouldn't say out loud.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 5:35:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By williewvr:

Just when I thought I had heard every stupid comment possible on this subject, along comes something even a retard wouldn't say out loud.
View All Quotes
Is it happening?

Past tense. It's done.

Pretty sure he's poking fun at a poster in this thread.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 10:50:27 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

Is it happening?

Past tense. It's done.

You'd be correct.

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:50:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks again to all who did any work to get this this and campus carry pushed through.  

If your congress critters voted the right way, be sure to thank them.  If they didn't, start planning on how to vote them out.

Here's to improving gun laws yet again next session.

Link Posted: 6/15/2015 12:58:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Wow, it looks like campus carry (SB11) doesn't take effect until August 1, 2016, or even later in some cases.
Page / 77
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top