Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2015 8:58:53 PM EDT
I moved to the Corpus area about a year ago and am finally settled into the new home.  

I'm looking for a reputable GSD breeder in the area.  Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?  I'm looking for a good family dog that has a healthy lineage.  

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:01:50 PM EDT
[#1]
One of my neighbors actually breeds GSD dogs.  No litters at the moment but if he gets another round I can let you know..... I know he is looking for a new female the one he has is getting older.

Welcome to Corpus by the way.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#2]
See if you have a rescue in your area.  We are rescuing another GSD hopefully this Saturday.  Our last one was with us for 12 years.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:17:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
See if you have a rescue in your area.  We are rescuing another GSD hopefully this Saturday.  Our last one was with us for 12 years.
View Quote

Denny Bales quite often advertises rescues he had a pair on his commercial months back but I am sure they are gone.  I would give Denny a call he is the man when it comes to rescues or dogs.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:58:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I wish I could go the rescue option, but because of other pets in the house, I need to adopt a puppy.  If I bring a full grown GSD into the house, I'm going to have problems.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:22:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wish I could go the rescue option, but because of other pets in the house, I need to adopt a puppy.  If I bring a full grown GSD into the house, I'm going to have problems.
View Quote

Sometimes the rescue groups get in puppies, but they are not as common.  I adopted a GSD mix from a GSD rescue group in central Texas when she was 6 months old.  The Austin German Shepherd Rescue group currently has a 4 month old male available.  Biggest issue with the rescue groups is they will often want to come do a home inspection first and obviously the puppies parents aren't there to see what they are like if that is a big deal to you.  And most of them freak out now if you tell them the dog will be left alone outside for any period of time these days.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:18:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Find a Schutzhund club in Houston and ask for a list.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:19:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Houston rescues have puppies all the time.  They just don't let people know about them at first because they want the older dogs to get adopted.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 3:09:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I moved to the Corpus area about a year ago and am finally settled into the new home.  

I'm looking for a reputable GSD breeder in the area.  Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?  I'm looking for a good family dog that has a healthy lineage.  

View Quote

I know someone who breeds pups in corpus lemme see if they have any ready coming up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top