Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2015 2:31:57 PM EDT
Here for the niece's wedding. Drove down yesterday from Northern Oklahoma. What should have taken 4 hours turned in to a butt-clenching 8 hour drive. Staying at this trendy artsy-fartsy hotel called "ZaZa" uptown.

Had the wedding party supper last night at a place called Stephan Pyles. Stephan himself even showed up for a visit. I'm told he's some kind of Chef, or something.

Anyway, now I'm sitting in the hotel room waiting for the ceremony this evening. Can't back out as I'm officiating (I  already tried that).

Hope we can make it back to God's country tomorrow.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 3:20:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I would say to head over to the Market Hall Gun show but it pretty much sucked this morning due to the weather.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 5:28:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 5:33:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Tough getting around uptown or I would be at the gun show.

While I love all my Texas brothers, and ya'll have every right to be proud Texans, you're still not Oklahoma or Oklahomans.

Oh well, we're getting ready to head to something called the Audubon center for the wedding.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:43:22 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're headed to the Audubon center, get ready for a treat. It's in a shit part of town. Don't get drunk and get creative on the way back to your hotel. And for God's sake don't stop anywhere near that place to buy a coke or a condom.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 7:02:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 7:44:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

While I love all my Texas brothers, and ya'll have every right to be proud Texans, you're still not Oklahoma or Oklahomans.

Oh well, we're getting ready to head to something called the Audubon center for the wedding.
View Quote

God really did bless Texas...
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:11:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

And for God's sake don't stop anywhere near that place to buy a coke or a condom.
View Quote

Last time I went into the corner store at Lake June and Holcomb, both of those things were available half used in the parking lot. No need to waste your money on "new"

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:09:59 AM EDT
[#8]
The 7-11 at Buckner and Elam is the most decent convenience store in the Grove.

Last week there was a guy openly masterbating in the parking lot.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 4:22:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dammit, was it the Punisher BFL that gave me away?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i lol'ed

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:20:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:28:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Here comes all the chest pumping and "we're better" talk.  I'd say that they are just different.

I have had the honor of living in both Oklahoma and Dallas, TX. Hell, I was born in Dallas. My whole extended family calls Oklahoma home.
At this time I have now officially lived more years in Texas than in Oklahoma - but I will always claim to be an Oklahoma Boy.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Here comes all the chest pumping and "we're better" talk.  I'd say that they are just different.
View Quote

It's good natured ribbing. You'll find very few Texans that don't genuinely like Oklahoma/Oklahomos.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It's good natured ribbing. You'll find very few Texans that don't genuinely like Oklahoma/Oklahomos.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nor will you find very many Oklahomans that don't like Texicans.

I enjoy giving my South-of-the-Border brothers a hard time, and they, likewise, reciprocate.

In the end, I don't think you'll find much difference between us (except in football, where we generally kick the shit out of all the Tejas teams)
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:29:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We really do get along pretty well. Hell, we send our boys up north so you can have a football team!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:56:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I enjoy giving my South-of-the-Border brothers a hard time, and they, likewise, reciprocate.

In the end, I don't think you'll find much difference between us (except in football, where we generally kick the shit out of all the Tejas teams)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

you're like our very own Canada.

you make for great neighbors and friendly rivalry.

and you drive slow.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:23:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Texas might fall off into the Gulf if Oklahoma didn't suck so hard...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top