Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2015 3:40:13 PM EDT
Anyone have a FFL they like to use in this area? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:46:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Curtis from C2Arms, 214-908-9744.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:10:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Curtis is a great guy and VERY organized. I believe he can do NFA transfers as well.

ETA - I think there are quite a few Keller guys on here. We should meet for drinks or do a Haltom City shoot.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:24:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This. Curtis is a great guy and VERY organized. I believe he can do NFA transfers as well.

ETA - I think there are quite a few Keller guys on here. We should meet for drinks or do a Haltom City shoot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just moved to NDFW/Keller from Nebraska in June and I'd like to hear more about this Haltom City stuff!
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:27:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Tony at speedyffl was good to work with. Super nice guy.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:26:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I like this guy:

http://www.livetoshoot.com/

Several flawless transfers.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 6:23:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm from Keller as well!
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 4:42:33 PM EDT
[#7]
http://www.gunbroker.com/FFL/DealerNetwork.aspx

Google
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:47:48 AM EDT
[#8]
K5 in Trophy Club is close. They have a nice selection and probably the best Class 3 inventory in the area.

http://www.k5arms.com/
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:04:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
K5 in Trophy Club is close. They have a nice selection and probably the best Class 3 inventory in the area.

View Quote

CB that site is for a place in CT. Same people?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:12:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Are we talking Keller proper or I live in a stones throw of Keller.  (ask because I had a friend that lived smack dead center of north fort worth, swore she lived in Keller.  Didn't matter who she paid the water bill to, it was Keller because it was KISD)

The BottleCap does a nice burger.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/bottlecap-alley-icehouse-grill-keller
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:34:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I just moved to NDFW/Keller from Nebraska in June and I'd like to hear more about this Haltom City stuff!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What part of Nebraska?  I'm from gordon/ scottsbluff. And I live about 10min from keller
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:21:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Can a lowly person from Watauga hang out with your rich Keller folks?!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:19:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, They bailed out of CT and came out here.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:28:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

We are only allowed to be at the NRH/Keller line...
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:08:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.haltomcityrpc.org

I am a member and it is a nice club. Black rifle friendly, but don't allow rapid fire. Also, no ammo with steel penetrators (M855) and no steel core 7.62x54. FMJ is fine. Pretty good bunch of guys with tastes including rimfire bench rest, high power shooters, silhouette, hunting, and plain old target shooting.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:14:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is close enough, just don't pass the Keller city limits sign

Seriously, in the next week or so I will plan a get together.  Thinking maybe Shannon Creek Brewery (have never been) or Bottlecap Alley? Give me a couple of weeks to put something together. We can discuss putting together a shoot at the get together.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:56:09 PM EDT
[#17]
I attend UNT full-time and the owner of Shannon Brewery  came and spoke in one of my classes last semester.  He seems like a pretty neat guy with a cool story.  Also the burgers at Bottle Cap are awesome!
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:56:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Lets have the shoot at Shoot Smart so we can have full auto there
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:22:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good for them.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:22:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Are we talking Keller proper or I live in a stones throw of Keller.  (ask because I had a friend that lived smack dead center of north fort worth, swore she lived in Keller.  Didn't matter who she paid the water bill to, it was Keller because it was KISD)

The BottleCap does a nice burger.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/bottlecap-alley-icehouse-grill-keller
View Quote

When I first moved here the zip was Keller and my mail was Keller now its FTW.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:12:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  It is on north side of 114 right past the Southlake/Trophy Club line
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 9:39:26 PM EDT
[#22]
I had an interesting experience with a LGS today in Keller that led me to never do business with them again.

OTH.

I have nothing but great things to say about my multiple interactions with these guys. The entire staff comes across as professional and knowledgeable. For a store front, their inventory is the highest quality weapons I have seen on one shelf. I think if you are in the market for a Colt or M&P15, Walmart/ Cabelas might be the better bet. If you want to see the really good stuff, K5 is the business. The staff is NOT elitist or snobby. I think they are worth dropping in for a look of the offerings and I personally will do business with then in the future. Ammo prices were very fair and in the market range.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 10:25:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Used a nice guy in Roanoke a few weeks back.  Form Gunsmith for Team 6 when formed.  Little place called Advanced Gun Works....building indoor range presently.  Great guy, reasonable and incredibly knowledgeable.  Tried to use shop in Trophy Club called K5 I think....rudest northeastern ass I have ever met....prices were high as well.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 10:58:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Ditto on K5 in Trophy Club. They also have an AR armorer on staff.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 11:16:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Used a nice guy in Roanoke a few weeks back.  Form Gunsmith for Team 6 when formed.  Little place called Advanced Gun Works....building indoor range presently.  Great guy, reasonable and incredibly knowledgeable.  Tried to use shop in Trophy Club called K5 I think....rudest northeastern ass I have ever met....prices were high as well.
View Quote
Maybe you should cease and desist ALL of your antics, while it is a personal option and not a legal decision made for you.  Screen shot taken.

4 posts, 3 of which reference this shop 1 answers a question in a thread you started on this shop.

maybe read the rules on shilling also.  http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=5

links to other posts in question, you do the math, post count subject matter.  not that big a deal til you say things that are questionable or not true(about the competition)

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_8/576220_New_to_North_TX_area.html

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 6:36:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Unfortunately I am new to all of this.  I have had limited interactions with shops in the area, and the guy at Advanced has treated me well.  I can't speak to other shops, aside from one interaction at K5.  Read about him a little in CT and it fit..  Your accusations of shilling are baseless.  I simply only  know a couple guys in the area that do this work.  I travel a great deal and don't have time to come on here multiple times a day to keep up...I have a family and kids and a job that require that time.  Sorry if it offended you, but being rude to me and casting those aspersions don't make you much better than what you are trying to accuse me of.  But for you call me a liar and say I said something untrue.I didn't. Some old guy at K5 was rude as hell to me, fact.  Given you weren't there, I am not sure you can call me a liar.  Or were you there?  Do you work for him?  OR shilling ?

Guess this forum does not take kindly to newbies.

Sorry
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 7:56:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Unfortunately I am new to all of this.  I have had limited interactions with shops in the area, and the guy at Advanced has treated me well.  I can't speak to other shops, aside from one interaction at K5.  Read about him a little in CT and it fit..  Your accusations of shilling are baseless.  I simply only  know a couple guys in the area that do this work.  I travel a great deal and don't have time to come on here multiple times a day to keep up...I have a family and kids and a job that require that time.  Sorry if it offended you, but being rude to me and casting those aspersions don't make you much better than what you are trying to accuse me of.  But for you call me a liar and say I said something untrue.I didn't. Some old guy at K5 was rude as hell to me, fact.  Given you weren't there, I am not sure you can call me a liar.  Or were you there?  Do you work for him?  OR shilling ?

Guess this forum does not take kindly to newbies.

Sorry
View Quote
I get offended when people defame and slander my friends.  The old guy is not the north eastern owner.  So who is that was rude to you and please describe what happened.  I am happy to go PM with this as so not to purse swing.  But if you wanna air the laundry in public I am cool with it.  As far as me shilling for K5, not once ever.   I have only brought up K5 as an answer when somebody else requested information or help.  I have never once started a thread on this site telling everybody my buddy owns a gun shop and it is sooooooo great.  If he wants to advertise, I have encouraged him to get a hometown dealer membership here.  It's his business he pays his bills.  What I care about is people getting on here and bad mouthing my friend with something that would be totally out of character for him.  To which I say what is the back story if he was rude to you.  Anyway you cut it, you wanna tell people about your bad experience there, please describe it and I would be more than happy to tell my buddy he has a dissatisfied customer out there.  You wanna get on here and call my buddy an asshole, yea I think I will dance!  And of course all this on top of the off the forum antics that go on make this all very fishy.  

But I still would like to know about your going into AGW for years yet you just moved here from Ohio. Your statements "I have frequented the shop in Roanoke for years and have had great success with them."

And posted on Feb 4th "Looking for gun places as I just moved from Ohio."
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 8:34:19 PM EDT
[#29]
off topic. take to IM or eMail.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top