YourAlterEgo
tvone
TexasSmooth
GMG
writerdeluxe2006

lazyengineer

NAK

Date/Time:

March 6 @ 1130 - Please be on time since (as far as I know) we're all still on the clock.
https://www.vivo53.com/
Reservations:

As stated, 11:30.  Table of 7 for ARF.  That's A-R-F.   Specifically state each letter.  No latecomers now since the reservation is set; I'm not adding anyone else.
Please be punctual since we're all on the clock.  I can usually squeeze a 90 minute lunch of Fridays but I'm not waiting for anyone either to get my order in and start eating.  Looking forward to seeing everyone, and there's a couple of names I remember from my last arf m&g.  

Also if anyone has a spare BFL, please bring it to display for other folks to spot the table easily.  I don't have one but I plan on being there a little early.  Look for the guy with the tablet posting angry updates to this thread.  

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:49:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Be there or don't, lunch will be had.  ARF will be the table name and a bfl flag will be on the table.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:57:29 PM EDT
[#2]
sorry i wasnt clear in the weather thread. I do not work in Ft Worth, so I wouldnt be able to join for lunch
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:05:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Down town FW, Weather aside.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:28:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

sorry i wasnt clear in the weather thread. I do not work in Ft Worth, so I wouldnt be able to join for lunch
View Quote
Ok I misunderstood.  I've updated it.

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:28:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Be there or don't, lunch will be had.  ARF will be the table name and a bfl flag will be on the table.
View Quote

I don't have a bfl handy...can you bring one?  Also, March 6 works for you?

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 5:43:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I could probably make that. I do like some brick oven pizza
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:24:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I can make this.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:32:41 AM EDT
[#8]
updated OP
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 2:31:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Unfortunately I am out of town next Friday, but count me in for the next one and let me know how the pizza is.

Just had lunch at PSub in the Neal P building, it is good
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:06:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Can you add one more to the group?

The pizza looks good.

TVone
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:09:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Updated again.  Also glad I rescheduled for next Friday.  Man this snow is not going to let up anytime soon.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:35:49 PM EDT
[#12]
The reschedule turned out to be a good call.

I left downtown about 12:45ish and the exodus of people made it seem like everyone else left at the same time.  What normally is a 45 minute travel time took 30 minutes longer.  Personally I think people were being a bit too cautious for conditions, and this is coming from the guy who is truly the slowest guy on the road on normal days.

What kind of engineer is the lazy one.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:44:49 PM EDT
[#13]
I can definitely make it on March 6th.  I was out of town the this week, so I missed the opening of this place.  I will volunteer for the scouting mission early next week and post an after-action report on quality and how long they take. I will also find out if they validate Sundance parking, for the foreigners that may want to drive in for it.

I didn't ever realize there is a "Downtown" crew...have I been missing out on lunches and after work brews for the last 15 years?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:09:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I can definitely make it on March 6th.  I was out of town the this week, so I missed the opening of this place.  I will volunteer for the scouting mission early next week and post an after-action report on quality and how long they take. I will also find out if they validate Sundance parking, for the foreigners that may want to drive in for it.

I didn't ever realize there is a "Downtown" crew...have I been missing out on lunches and after work brews for the last 15 years?

View Quote
This is the first.  There is now a downtown crew when I realized in previous threads some other members were talking about the same areas, so I asked around and we decided on lunch, and it's expanded to this.

I've not tried the place out yet since it's so new, but if you want to scout it, by all means and post an AAR.  The menu looks nice though.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:46:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I believe this is the place we have been watching for about 6 weeks as they did the construction. If so, its a block from our office.  I have been waiting for it to open, but I was out of town M - TH of last week, and the last couple of days of the week before, so I missed the opening.  I will try it on Monday.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:29:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Reminder I need a definite yes by tomorrow which is Monday, March 2.  If your name is not on the list of attendees, I will not make the reservation to include you.  So, the only one on the list (lazyengineer who is a maybe) I need a definite yes/no by Monday.  If I don't hear from you, I assume no.

Once the reservation is made I'm not changing it not because I'm trying to be an asshole but because this is just a simple lunch meet to relax and enjoy.  I'm not going to get worked up with other people's work schedules and change shit around on their whim.  I've got work to do and don't have time for bullshit soap opera drama.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:06:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for setting this up.  As said previously, attend or don't, lunch will be had.

I can't decided between the Italian sausage pizza or clam/mussel plate. Reviews of the place look good.

Hope the lazy engineer makes an appearance, it would be inserting to see if I've worked with him/her.  I'm a germaphobe so no one take offense when I don't shake your hand, that or I may have a cold I don't want to share.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:08:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quick to be seated at 11:30. Only a dozen customers.  Strange for a new place downtown.

You will need a translator to order pizza here, only about half the info on the dishes is in English

Quick to take my order.  Just ordered pizza... They claim 18 Minutes from order to table.

Pizza looks good. Arrived 12 min after I ordered.

$13.58 tt&l for meatball pizza and ice tea, so $16 with tip.  A little too rich for my normal lunch budget.

Bill paid 29 minutes after I walked in the door.  Great turn around for lunch hour.

Best crust I have EVER had!  Sause is a little spicy for my preference, but good pizza. Large dinner plate size. Good cheese, light on the meat

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:00:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Thanks for setting this up.  As said previously, attend or don't, lunch will be had.

I can't decided between the Italian sausage pizza or clam/mussel plate. Reviews of the place look good.

Hope the lazy engineer makes an appearance, it would be inserting to see if I've worked with him/her. I'm a germaphobe so no one take offense when I don't shake your hand, that or I may have a cold I don't want to share.
View Quote

Man I hope so - then I can expense this baby!  

And yep count me in.  I set my travel plans for the week.  Looks like just a quick Utica overnighter, and should be back before Friday.  Also, all my germs saw this post and are pleased to see the potential for a fresh new host.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:48:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

And yep count me in.  I set my travel plans for the week.  Looks like just a quick Utica overnighter, and should be back before Friday.  Also, all my germs saw this post and are pleased to see the potential for a fresh new host.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope the lazy engineer makes an appearance, it would be inserting to see if I've worked with him/her. I'm a germaphobe so no one take offense when I don't shake your hand, that or I may have a cold I don't want to share.

You've got to ask yourself one question.  Do you feel lucky, well do ya..

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:31:12 PM EDT
[#21]
As the ASSistant Pandemic Response Incident Coordinator for my office (ASS-PRIC), I will be happy to hose him down with a fire extinguisher filled with hand sanitizer.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:41:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for the scouting report NAK.  OP has been updated.  Reservation is locked.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:49:26 PM EDT
[#23]
dammit.  It's easier when I just tell people I may have the flu. They thank me for not shaking hands.

Just keep you dick beaters off me.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:29:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Hopefully everything will be cleared up for tomorrow.  Though depending on how things go, typically if the schools cancel classes for the day I may be out.  We'll just have to wait and see, but I'll let everyone know what's going on one way or the other.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:35:13 PM EDT
[#25]
We should know by sundown today how much will be left to freeze on the roads for the morning commute.  Unless they cancel or delay work in the morning, I have too much to get caught up on and will need to go in.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:36:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Gentlemen - I'm out.  I have had 5 flights canceled on me, and can't get back o DFW in time. Oddly, I've gone from an origination in central Ohio, to the airlines getting so desperate to put me a flight - any flight, that tonight I'm in Central Park in New York City.

Still trying to figure that one out.  But in any event, my regrets.  Next time!
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:00:21 PM EDT
[#27]
anyone else in or out, or think it prudent to push off one more week or two being some (not me) will be off due to spring break this coming week.

Personally if the roads are passable in the morning, I'd keep this one and do another again shortly.

Side note, set your clocks forward one hour this next Saturday night.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:15:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Ice apocalups II.

I'm in an otherwise empty office. There are only 6 cars on the entire floor of the parking garage.
No problem on the roads, but also very few people on them.

I'll be in the office tomorrow... I'm pretty neutral on keeping the lunch date or canceling it for another week or two.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#29]
lazyengineer, make it back out of that awful place good.

Roads look fine in front of my house at this point.  I'm going to eat tomorrow, join if you can.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:23:50 PM EDT
[#30]
As of right now, I'm still keeping the lunch reservation active.  So we've lost 1, that's fine and understandable.  Roads look good this afternoon and I think school should be back in session tomorrow.  If they cancel, they are fucktards.  I'll post another update in the morning.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:52:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Final update before lunch - we're still on.  Should be 6 total.  I'll be there, see reservation info in OP.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.  Look for the angry looking guy with tablet furiously posting updates to arfcom the likes of which haven't been seen since Dave_A graced GD.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:02:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Running late due to work. Will find you all.

Eta:sorry guys but work emergency and can't make it. Again very sorry for the last minute on this.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:54:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Sorry guys,
The weather messed everything up. I was supposed to get off work at 0700 but ended up staying till 1100. Hopefully you guys enjoy it enough to do it again.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:08:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Enjoyed the pizza and conversation.

Here's the info on the prairie dog hunts in South Dakota:

http://www.oakcreekhunting.com/

Meals and lodging included for $350 a day. We shot the heck out of a few pd towns, and the provided lodging and home cooked food was good and plentiful.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:54:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Nice lunch today, thanks for setting it up and need to do it again.

Forgot to ask, how was the lasagna.

NAK, have to agree, fantastic pizza crust.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:44:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Not bad for our first turnout.  I'd rate the lasagna as 'ok', however my tastes tend to lean more toward classic style italian and this was more of the "modern, metro" italian where restaurants like this like to add their own unique flair or whatever. I'm not saying that's bad, it's just not what I prefer.

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#37]
I hope I am in town for the next one.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 6:28:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Next one in a month or two?

Where's the next place.  We are about in crawfish season.  

Have pot/stand/propane and will cook.

can bring a sack of bugs http://www.cajuncrawfishco.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top