Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2015 1:36:03 AM EDT
The family and I are thinking about coming down and vacationing in the Rockport - Fulton area.

Any ideas help (good and bad) are greatly appreciated!

We sometimes meet up with other ARFCOMMER's and if anyone wants to do that we will try and fit it in.

My daughter (after prodding from my wife) calls my ARFCOMMER's "Dad's Imaginary friends!"

Thanks in advance and afterwards also.

If you want to maintain OPSEC you can use IM.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 1:29:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Anyone?

A little help please!

BigDozer66

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:54:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I worked with a guy,[DFW],that goes every year.
They stay at a B&B,he fishes,she shops.
You can get on a party boat, or fish the rock jetties.
All i got,sorry...........
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:41:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I keep a place down there.  When you going?

ETA: There is a nice pistol range in Rockport,  owner is on arfcom
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:22:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I keep a place down there.  When you going?

ETA: There is a nice pistol range in Rockport,  owner is on arfcom
View Quote

We are going down on March 6th through the 10th more than likely.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:03:47 AM EDT
[#5]
we used to go to Kontiki beach condos every year. Nice pier to fish/crab from and close enough to "town"

http://www.kontikibeach.com/
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:33:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The family and I are thinking about coming down and vacationing in the Rockport - Fulton area.

We sometimes meet up with other ARFCOMMER's and if anyone wants to do that we will try and fit it in.

My daughter (after prodding from my wife) calls my ARFCOMMER's "Dad's Imaginary friends!"

BigDozer66
View Quote

So glad my kids won't see that.

Link Posted: 2/22/2015 6:26:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I went down there for a little vacation in  2011, and I loved it.  Close enough to Corpus Christi to drive into the city a few days for day trips (like the Carrier museum, which was awesome), but still a small town feel on the other side of the bridge. Another vacation to the area is one of the things I look forward to about getting back to Texas.  All in all not much help though.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:46:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BigDozer66

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:20:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Lived there for 6 years and go 2-3 times a month for the weekend.   Drop me a line and I can give you the inside scoop.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:07:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Corpus has the Lexington aircraft carrier plenty to see there.  Also, the Texas State aquarium.    Rockport is more of a fishing/rich tourist town.  Good fishing there.  Port A has the jetties which are usually good fishing.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:50:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Corpus has the Lexington aircraft carrier plenty to see there.  Also, the Texas State aquarium.    Rockport is more of a fishing/rich tourist town.  Good fishing there.  Port A has the jetties which are usually good fishing.
View Quote

We did Corpus a few years ago and the family has said no more War Ships/Forts/Battlefields etc. so those are off the list.
We saw the Lady Lex then and the USS 'Bama on the next trip we took.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:43:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks like the weather is not going to cooperate but we will find something to do I guess.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:59:20 PM EDT
[#13]
There is a small ( donations only ) aquarium and the maritime museum at the Rockport Beach.

The city pool is also very nice and it is heated.

I sent you a IM with my # feel free to drop me a line I know that town like the back of my hand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top