Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2015 5:16:56 AM EDT
Sheriff Terry Box will not be running for election in 2016.  While it still seems early, now is the time to start organizing and identifying candidates if we want a Sheriff who is more supportive of NFA in Collin County.  You want to get involved in the county GOP activities now because the next Sheriff is going to be a Republican, so who gets nominated will be important.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:03:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the heads up!

Am curious as to who the contenders are so we can start determining their stance on NFA.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:43:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the heads up!

Am curious as to who the contenders are so we can start determining their stance on NFA.

Semper Fi
View Quote

I would also like to know who the prospective candidates might be. I set up a trust as soon as I moved to Texas. But I would still like to see a pro NFA candidate.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:33:14 AM EDT
[#3]
As far as I know, nobody has come forward and said "I'm interested!" but I am sure some people are already thinking about it.  The Collin County GOP has regular little get togethers and fundraisers that are worth attending just for the sake of learning little tidbits of information like this.  If anybody out there is interested, now is the time to start raising money and building the network to get elected - particularly if you are not already on a first name basis with the Collin County GOP people.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#4]
It is sad to see Terry retiring, he is a personal friend of mine and is a member of our car club. I wish him all the luck in his retirement and hope he enjoys it as much as I have.

Vince
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:23:52 PM EDT
[#5]
So would he sign off on NFA forms?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

As told to me directly by him, he would sign off if:

1. I personally knew him
2. I personally knew somebody that was a friend of his

I promptly setup a trust and haven't looked back since.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:41:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:56:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

From what I heard when I asked here, he would if you were a friend of his (politically or otherwise).  I never tried, so all I can tell you is what I heard.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what I heard when I asked here, he would if you were a friend of his (politically or otherwise).  I never tried, so all I can tell you is what I heard.

I have a trust now. I was mostly curious. I don't really understand the reluctance of LEOs to sign off. The FBI background check will likely be more detailed than anything done locally.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:58:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It is sad to see Terry retiring, he is a personal friend of mine and is a member of our car club. I wish him all the luck in his retirement and hope he enjoys it as much as I have.

Vince
View Quote

Vince,

Has he signed off on any forms for you or anyone you know? Would you mind asking him why it appears he will only sign off on forms of those he knows?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 4:21:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

1. I personally knew him

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

1. I personally knew him

What a shitbag.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 4:32:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:34:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Vince,

Has he signed off on any forms for you or anyone you know? Would you mind asking him why it appears he will only sign off on forms of those he knows?

Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vince

Vince,

Thanks

I know of many folks he has signed for. One of the R candidates will also sign.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:40:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vince

Vince,

Thanks

So how has he decided on who's paperwork to sign and who's to not? Is it truly only for friends and associates? I heard the same complaints about the sheriff of the county I used to live in. He would not sign for me so I went to the city police chief.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 6:47:26 PM EDT
[#14]
incumbent Sheriff Terry Box endorses Jim Skinner, who has already registered and filed and submitted financial records pertaining to the $120,000+ he already raised toward his campaign; Jim Skinner is pro-2A and supports the NFA and Title II firearms
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:28:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
incumbent Sheriff Terry Box endorses Jim Skinner, who has already registered and filed and submitted financial records pertaining to the $120,000+ he already raised toward his campaign; Jim Skinner is pro-2A and supports the NFA and Title II firearms
View Quote

Jim Skinner was one of the prosecutors in the Rockwall Co. DA bribery case.  It would be nice to see something official on that support for NFA firearms.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:25:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Sounds like a "Hey, I don't want it on me if I sign off for someone I don't know and they do something bad with the SBR, so I'm only signing for people I know".  CYA at it's best.
View Quote

Might as well start applying the same standards to his hiring practices.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top