Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:43:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Blame lies on OC, not Lt Gov
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:08:08 PM EDT
[#2]
there was tons of support before the session started....now not so much.    #panicbuttons
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:08:41 PM EDT
[#3]
And you can thank Kory, OCT, OCTC and the rest of the asshats for the change in view by Patrick and the legislature.  BTW, the representative that was confronted by Kory has DPS protection.  That speaks well for gun owners and the "influence" Kory has.  http://www.statesman.com/news/news/texas-rep-poncho-nevarez-gets-dps-protection-after/njyDq/

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And you can thank Kory, OCT, OCTC and the rest of the asshats for the change in view by Patrick and the legislature.  BTW, the representative that was confronted by Kory has DPS protection.  That speaks well for gun owners and the "influence" Kory has.  http://www.statesman.com/news/news/texas-rep-poncho-nevarez-gets-dps-protection-after/njyDq/

View Quote

While you are blaming everyone for doing the wrong thing, why don't you tell us what you've done prior to 2015 to advance open/constitutional carry?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:08:11 PM EDT
[#5]
OC tards aside, this is just Republican's being Republican.

They just got elected, why the heck should they do anything to make their constituents happy?

Same as it ever was.............................................................

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 6:58:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
While you are blaming everyone for doing the wrong thing, why don't you tell us what you've done prior to 2015 to advance open/constitutional carry?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sometimes the right thing is shutting the fuck up and not drawing unnecessary attention to yourself. A concept some gun owners can't comprehend.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

OC tards aside, this is just Republican's being Republican.

They just got elected, why the heck should they do anything to make their constituents happy?

Same as it ever was.............................................................

View Quote
Yay! Freedom for everyone.

Handful of people being assholes.

NO freedom for anybody.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:55:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Personally I have no interest in open carry, but have no issue with those that want it.  So, what have I done, nothing.  My issue is that OCT and OCTC and the rest of the idiots give us all a bad name cause they are who the general public sees, those that are not passionate on either side.  I do not want to be associated with those jerks by anyone who I may come in contact with.  In addition, on the Austin Statesman web site Texas house members, both Republican and Democrat are wearing "I'm Poncho" stickers.  Way to go asshats, you got them all to agree! Is anyone here even aware of the fact that Poncho owns firearms and has a gun range on his property?  Hope y'all are sending your thank you notes to OCT and OCTC.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:19:59 PM EDT
[#9]

If the man runs on a platform to "Fight For Open Carry" and then folds  two weeks into the session without fighting at all, I think blunt criticism is fair. Sure OCT made it tougher, but quitting without a fight is unacceptable.

If the votes "are not there" as he says, then tell us who they are so we can lobby them, and he can too, since he promised to "Fight For Open Carry".
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:23:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sometimes the right thing is shutting the fuck up and not drawing unnecessary attention to yourself. A concept some gun owners can't comprehend.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, it does seem like the unfavorable attention they got snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:49:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:39:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Fucking weasel.

I hate that motherfucker.   He would roast kittens alive if the constituents demand it.

I want open carry, i'm just sorry a POS like patrick made it into high office.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:15:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Blame those OC assholes.

Reps Wear "I'm Poncho" Stickers for Safety, Solidarity

There may have been enough Poncho Nevárezes in the Texas House on Wednesday to make quorum.

Dozens of House members wore name tags on the floor with the words “I’m Poncho,” a show of solidarity with the Eagle Pass Democrat, who received death threats earlier this month following a run-in with gun advocates in his Capitol office.

After a gun-rights rally on the Legislature’s opening day, a group of advocates for the legalization of openly carrying handguns in Texas visited lawmakers in their offices to push for a repeal of handgun licensing requirements. Nevárez kicked the group out of his office after they became confrontational, calling Nevárez a “tyrant” and saying they were “coming to take Texas back.”

More at:
http://www.texastribune.org/2015/01/28/reps-wear-im-poncho-stickers-safety-solidarity/
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:13:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Good god, I hope Kory Watkins catches aids.  Way to screw up a good thing.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:40:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s839.photobucket.com/user/Umbrarian/media/Misc/DP_website_points-2_zps5fd1f707.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz314/Umbrarian/Misc/DP_website_points-2_zps5fd1f707.jpg</a>

If the man runs on a platform to "Fight For Open Carry" and then folds  two weeks into the session without fighting at all, I think blunt criticism is fair. Sure OCT made it tougher, but quitting without a fight is unacceptable.

If the votes "are not there" as he says, then tell us who they are so we can lobby them, and he can too, since he promised to "Fight For Open Carry".
View Quote

+infinity
And people wonder why so many of us are fed up with all these lying scumbag politicians, all of them, from both parties.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:22:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Blame those OC assholes.

Reps Wear "I'm Poncho" Stickers for Safety, Solidarity

There may have been enough Poncho Nevárezes in the Texas House on Wednesday to make quorum.

Dozens of House members wore name tags on the floor with the words “I’m Poncho,” a show of solidarity with the Eagle Pass Democrat, who received death threats earlier this month following a run-in with gun advocates in his Capitol office.

After a gun-rights rally on the Legislature’s opening day, a group of advocates for the legalization of openly carrying handguns in Texas visited lawmakers in their offices to push for a repeal of handgun licensing requirements. Nevárez kicked the group out of his office after they became confrontational, calling Nevárez a “tyrant” and saying they were “coming to take Texas back.”

More at:
http://www.texastribune.org/2015/01/28/reps-wear-im-poncho-stickers-safety-solidarity/
View Quote

Yea, I saw that in the article. When the fuck will people understand that politics relies on momentum and that momentum can change in a heartbeat. Momentum builds generally over a LONG TIME....but it can be derailed in an instant by flashpoint incidents. Fucking idiots.

If you are pissed off that Open Carry isn't going to pass....Find out where the fucking morons that bum rushed Nevarz live, sling on your rifles and go protest in THEIR FRONT YARDS and PLACES OF WORK (assuming they DO work...)..... That might accomplish something.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top