Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2015 3:37:46 PM EDT
Evidently, he was too busy to drive a few blocks. Stupid ploys like that don't sit well with judges.http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime/2015/01/27/john-wiley-price-no-show-federal-hearing/22406419/
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:33:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm hoping he won't show again next week and he finds out what it's like without lube.

His lawyer damn well knows he should have been there. I'm not sure what the strategy was, other than thinking the judge would rubber stamp his case or something. Or is this just a stall tactic to keep him out of jail for as long as possible?

I don't make $130k a year and I was expected to pay for my own attorney for my divorce cases.

But if he really wants to push it he should be assigned a public defender, just like anybody else in the county. No reimbursement and no you don''t to pick. You get who the judge assigns you <PERIOD> If the guy has a couple of hundred other cases, that's his problem. Cop a plea just like everybody else is expected to do.

JWP crossed paths with Craig Watkins on numerous occasions over the budget. I think it would only be fitting.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#3]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wiley_Price

This really only briefly summarizes JWP.

In the spring of 1990 Price threatened a citywide “call to arms” if the city manager did not pick someone sensitive to minorities for a new police chief. Price was quoted in the paper as saying “M-16's and all, we will take to the (expletive) street, we'll shoot at (expletive) police cars.” Soon after that he got into a fight with an off-duty policeman who was jogging by Price's home. The officer yelled “Wiley sucks!”. Price then pulled out a gun and allegedly stuck it against the officer's head.
View Quote

So do we know if he was ever issued a CHL?

Furthermore, a progun democrat?

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:55:38 PM EDT
[#4]
My commissar din do nuffin..
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:33:47 AM EDT
[#5]
When asked why he was asking for a taxpayer bailout to defend himself against a raft of corruption charges, Price responded: "Maybe you have a couple million dollars for a defense. I don't have it."
View Quote

Well OK then
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:19:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well OK then
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When asked why he was asking for a taxpayer bailout to defend himself against a raft of corruption charges, Price responded: "Maybe you have a couple million dollars for a defense. I don't have it."

Well OK then

Because the Feds confiscated it and they'll take everything else he's hiding if he is truthful to the judge about his assets.  His car collection is a story to itself since DMN did a piece years ago detailing how many of these collector cars were purchased without clear titles and JWP knew the right people to get them properly papered.  The Feds have been working this case for a very long time so they had enough evidence before bringing formal charges, not like state/local that usually have to continue building a case after charges filed.  Too bad he's still on Dallas County's dime while he prolongs the inevitable outcome.  Thankfully, I haven't heard any of his "supporters" protesting.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:04:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I cannot wait until I'm able to send him letters in jail.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:07:09 AM EDT
[#8]
How that guy wasn't imprisoned 25 years ago is beyond me.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:33:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I can recall that JWP joker from the 80's...  Still jerking chains when he should be wearing them.

Hking
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top