Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2015 4:42:59 PM EDT
Looks like 35 is open, but the service road and 77 is shut down. If 77 is down for a real threat, then 35 won't be far behind.

Employees evacuate Magnablend facility because of chlorine spill

Posted: Monday, January 26, 2015 2:15 pm | Updated: 2:17 pm, Mon Jan 26, 2015.
From Staff Reports
BREAKING: Employees are evacuating a Magnablend facility on Sterrett Road and Interstate 35E because of a chlorine spill. Initials/unconfirmed reports are residents near the facility are also being evacuated because the wind is blowing the fumes toward residences' homes.
Avoid the area if you can. Police are shutting down the service road on I-35E and part of U.S. 77 on the other side of the facility.
Details to follow.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 10:48:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:43:55 PM EDT
[#2]
? topic moved?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:49:31 PM EDT
[#3]

This is the same company that ate an Ennis firetruck a couple of years ago.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:29:02 PM EDT
[#4]
not trying to start crap, but that looks like fire fighters torched their own truck. First rule in hazmat response ,,,,, stage your equipment and people until you understand the threat.  And yes I have been involved in several fire and vapor release's  over the last 15 years.  Evaluate, contain, control.   just my 4 cents cause money aint worth much nowdays.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:53:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
not trying to start crap, but that looks like fire fighters torched their own truck. First rule in hazmat response ,,,,, stage your equipment and people until you understand the threat.  And yes I have been involved in several fire and vapor release's  over the last 15 years.  Evaluate, contain, control.   just my 4 cents cause money aint worth much nowdays.
View Quote

Yeah, that was hotly debated at the time. Ennis FD went to the fire in Waxahachie on a mutual aid call. When they arrived, they were told to attack that particular side of the building by Waxahachie FD who was in command of the scene, so they did.

If they were actually going to torch their on truck on purpose, I think most of the guys would have gotten their cell phones and wallets out of the cab first.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:44:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah, that was hotly debated at the time. Ennis FD went to the fire in Waxahachie on a mutual aid call. When they arrived, they were told to attack that particular side of the building by Waxahachie FD who was in command of the scene, so they did.

If they were actually going to torch their on truck on purpose, I think most of the guys would have gotten their cell phones and wallets out of the cab first.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand and I,am on your side but just laughing pretty hard right now. " where you want us chief? " " go around the other side and park next to the flammable liquid in the plastic tubs."  You just got to laugh sometimes.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:03:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I understand and I,am on your side but just laughing pretty hard right now. " where you want us chief? " " go around the other side and park next to the flammable liquid in the plastic tubs."  You just got to laugh sometimes.
View Quote

That probably goes back to what we learned from the West fertilizer explosion. Firemen don't always know what they're getting into. Most of the time their expediency gets them the upper hand on a fire, and sometimes, it can get you killed.

But what do you do? Someone has to go in and size up the situation.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Honestly though, I just came in here to alert some folks so they wouldn't get caught up in traffic.

Or if they needed to get home to tend to pets or something. I know we have members who live out that way, my parents included.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top