Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2014 7:52:48 PM EDT
Just a heads up; new SOT opened up in Midland today. Some of you may recognize the name, they used to be based out of Crane.

Right over next to Grub Burger at 4400 Midland Drive. Suite #460 I believe.

Highly recommend you check it out. They have competitive prices, some cool guns/accessories, extremely relaxed and personable staff, and a really cool store. I believe they said they would be open on Friday and Saturday.

Link Posted: 12/25/2014 4:30:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a nice store.

Will make it a point to stop in and check it out.

They will have to have good prices to weather any downturn, and compete with Between the Walls.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 8:45:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like a nice store.

They will have to have good prices to weather any downturn, and compete with Between the Walls.
View Quote

I stopped going into Between the Walls back in 2012. The staff was pretty unfriendly, to say the least. And a few family members went in their saying similar things, so I can't compare the prices. Most of the suppressors seemed on par with most prices I've seen in store, just a tad higher than Silencer Shop(but then again most businesses won't be able to compete with SS just due to the high volume of sales.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 10:54:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought a couple glocks from them a week ago--  nice place-- they got a lot more stock since that pic was taken it looks like!!!   Nice place, ppl etc...
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 11:43:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I stopped going into Between the Walls back in 2012. The staff was pretty unfriendly, to say the least. And a few family members went in their saying similar things, so I can't compare the prices. Most of the suppressors seemed on par with most prices I've seen in store, just a tad higher than Silencer Shop(but then again most businesses won't be able to compete with SS just due to the high volume of sales.
View Quote

Not surprised to hear that about BtW.  It's a common complaint.

However, he does have good prices.  AND he gives decent value on trades, well above what many stores offer.

For whatever reason he has a loyal customer base.

I hope this new store does well.  Still haven't been back to stop in - hopefully soon.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 12:19:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just a heads up; new SOT opened up in Midland today. Some of you may recognize the name, they used to be based out of Crane.

View Quote

Hi there,

I'm new to midland and was wondering if they stocked SCARs, PEQs and accessories. Thanks.

edit: im also looking for CRYE everything. thanks
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 3:34:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

However, he does have good prices.  AND he gives decent value on trades, well above what many stores offer.

I hope this new store does well.  Still haven't been back to stop in - hopefully soon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He started the NFA guns group on Facebook. That is why he has such a large following.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 12:00:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Looks like a nice store.

View Quote

Wont take much to compete with between the cheeks. They have been accused of neckbearding ammo from wallyworld and reselling it in the store. If you could just deal withJim you would be ok. They do have some decent prices in their used inventory. But unless your buying 3 or 4 browning citoris from them they treat you like your buying a hipoint with an ebt card.
S&k was friendly right as you walk in the door. Was repeatedly asked if I needed any help. Prices are reasonable. Finger fucking the guns is encouraged. Every where you see signs saying please feel free to pick the gun up. Knowledgeable staff not a bunch of space shuttle door gunners. Lots of class3 inventory. I was extremely pleased that this area finally has a gun store of this kind.
I have had prior dealings with Kane when he was in Crane. And all I can say is he is very customer service oriented.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 12:22:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

He started the NFA guns group on Facebook. That is why he has such a large following.

View Quote

Jim has had his loyal customers since before FB was even an idea.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:29:14 AM EDT
[#9]
They ought to have a great selection of used guns as the economy returns to pre oil boom levels there...
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 11:45:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

one of the other owners did. Jim had a loyal customers as well.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 1:51:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:34:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Hmm...  I'm actually in town this week.  Maybe I will stop in.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 8:29:56 PM EDT
[#13]

I'll definitely stop in. I met the owner down at his store in Crane a couple years ago. Nice guy and very knowledgeable.

Link Posted: 2/22/2015 8:31:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

They ought to have a great selection of used guns as the economy returns to pre oil boom levels there...
View Quote
The Permian isn't slowing as much as most other areas.

Link Posted: 2/22/2015 10:41:18 PM EDT
[#15]
And here is PC Sutton with his latest economic report and "little winkie" avatar.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

And here is PC Sutton with his latest economic report and "little winkie" avatar.
View Quote
Do I make you horny or something?

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:49:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Definite no. I don't swing that way but You could probably find some places in Midland if You do.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:29:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Stopped in there tonight...freaking amazing to a guy from NY...I was amazed to see a big ol' rack of suppressors.....holy krikeys, you would never see that in NYS, ever, even before the SAFE act...

Seems like a nice bunch of guys, was listening/talking about suppressors with one of the guys and another customer, very knowledgeable about the whole trust thing, and why its a better idea than the individual thing...

The live NFA stuff was incredible, Ma Deuce, M249, 1917, 1919A4, and the piece de' resistance....MINIGUN!!!

Nice selection of optics and scopes, lots of parts and goodies....

Looking forward to stopping in again next time I am in the Permian....

Oh..don't forget the suppressed Sterling....schwing!

ETA If the store guys read this, or if someone wants to drop the hint, they need some store swag like hats...I would have bought one if I saw one....
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:08:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

You should see him wink in person... He's a sexy bastard
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:54:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I appreciate it man. We are working on getting some more swag for sure.

You'll need to come out when we shoot all those beasts too. They aren't just for show

Quoted:
Stopped in there tonight...freaking amazing to a guy from NY...I was amazed to see a big ol' rack of suppressors.....holy krikeys, you would never see that in NYS, ever, even before the SAFE act...

Seems like a nice bunch of guys, was listening/talking about suppressors with one of the guys and another customer, very knowledgeable about the whole trust thing, and why its a better idea than the individual thing...

The live NFA stuff was incredible, Ma Deuce, M249, 1917, 1919A4, and the piece de' resistance....MINIGUN!!!

Nice selection of optics and scopes, lots of parts and goodies....

Looking forward to stopping in again next time I am in the Permian....

Oh..don't forget the suppressed Sterling....schwing!

ETA If the store guys read this, or if someone wants to drop the hint, they need some store swag like hats...I would have bought one if I saw one....
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top