Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2014 5:25:50 PM EDT
Hello. I'm in San Antonio for the holidays and was looking for a good place to shoot. I'm from Austin and have been living in Albuquerque for the past 4 years. I'm a member of the Zia rifle and pistol club so I've been a bit spoiled going to their ranges. I'd really like to shoot some clays but I'd need to rent a shotgun. Anyone know of any places in the area? At the very least I'd like to find a place to do some pistol work where I'm not going to be surrounded by as asshats.

Thanks in advance! And I'm glad to be home in TX!

Edit: google search finds places, but I'd like to get a recommendation from a knowledgeable local.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:41:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Hello. I'm in San Antonio for the holidays and was looking for a good place to shoot. I'm from Austin and have been living in Albuquerque for the past 4 years. I'm a member of the Zia rifle and pistol club so I've been a bit spoiled going to their ranges. I'd really like to shoot some clays but I'd need to rent a shotgun. Anyone know of any places in the area? At the very least I'd like to find a place to do some pistol work where I'm not going to be surrounded by as asshats.

Thanks in advance! And I'm glad to be home in TX!

Edit: google search finds places, but I'd like to get a recommendation from a knowledgeable local.
View Quote

Theres a bunch of options. If you want a real trap/skeet range, you can google/go to Bexar Community Range, or the San Antonio club which is a world class facility. I believe the SA Club has rentals, but I'm not sure about Bexar. I think they do.

Where are you in the city, that makes a difference.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:42:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey thanks for the info! I'm off 1604 and Blanco. I didn't see the.community range in my search so I'll check that out.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:55:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hey thanks for the info! I'm off 1604 and Blanco. I didn't see the.community range in my search so I'll check that out.
View Quote

Bexar Community Range is close enough IMO.  You also have Lone star shooting range over in the east side as well.

Theres Cedar hill range north of you also.  I've never been there.

Enjoy your visit.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:19:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Lonestar handgun is awesome lots of steel. Okay almost all steel but they did just finish a paper range and are close to finishing the 600 yard range. And they just had the drive redone to asphalt. Pretty much the only place I shoot now.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:03:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Cedar Ridge...7110 F.M. 1863, Bulverde, Texas 78163     (830) 980-4424
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top