Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 10:36:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe some of their new hires will be hippy pinko bama loving nut huggers who will convert over from the dark side and just maybe then convert some of their bama loving friends
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 9:12:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to Austin! Firearms community is alive and we'll here, and you can't beat the scenery!
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 5:42:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You'll get counterculture when the 'philosophical' kids of Westlake wake up and find a "Merchant of Death" has slipped into their camp.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<snip>]

Austin was chosen because of a number of reasons but we like being the counterculture, kind of like in Boulder. Keeps us on our toes philosophically speaking.

We spent several days in Dallas/Fort Worth and it was a close call. In the end we are just happy to be in Texas and the music and hills in Austin are hard to beat.

You'll get counterculture when the 'philosophical' kids of Westlake wake up and find a "Merchant of Death" has slipped into their camp.

LOL no shit.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 7:48:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Austin was chosen because of a number of reasons but we like being the counterculture, kind of like in Boulder. Keeps us on our toes philosophically speaking.

We spent several days in Dallas/Fort Worth and it was a close call. In the end we are just happy to be in Texas and the music and hills in Austin are hard to beat.
View Quote

I can respect that. Welcome!

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:09:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:10:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I would love to work for magpul
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:46:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
While I strongly applaud MagPul for keeping their word to dump Kolorado and move to Texas, I have to wonder about the choice...

Austin IS the Kalifornia / Kolorado of Texas...

I wonder how long until the Austin Silly Council passes a Ban (or more likely special taxes) on companies making 2nd amemdment items.

Thankfully LaRue is unlikely to suffer such silly sh!t in Leander!

BIGGER_HAMMER

Was wondering this myself. Strange place to move their business. It's like moving from Moscow to Stalingrad looking to escape communism.

Too bad. There's an industrial Park in Burleson that's half empty and right on I-35W!!
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:37:02 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Ah, now I see why they settled down where they did.  Nice area.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:39:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice to have them in Texas but don't think people are going to be walking in and out like Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:11:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Nice to have them in Texas but don't think people are going to be walking in and out like Wal-Mart.
View Quote

Isn't it just the corporate headquarters?  What would there be to see?  People running accounting reports and having sales meetings?  It is a manufacturing business, not a retail store...  Most people around here would probably find the factory which I believe is going to Wyoming more interesting than an office building...

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:35:12 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Indeed!

Of course the first comments was lib-tard Austin ( praising Colorado for "running MagPul out of Colorado", and it was "not so great bring more bullets to Texas".

Doesn't look like I will be buying any Anderson windows or doors.   Call to corporate to explain why may be in the works.    

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:37:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Very nice indeed.  I'm pretty sure it is the same place I used to work at some way back when Streetman homes was there in Westlake.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:40:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Isn't it just the corporate headquarters?  What would there be to see?  People running accounting reports and having sales meetings?  It is a manufacturing business, not a retail store...  Most people around here would probably find the factory which I believe is going to Wyoming more interesting than an office building...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, but now the address is out, the looney lib-tards in Austin will have a place to make media scenes, die ins & to splash red paint all over everything next time they feel the need for "social activism"...

and sadly Austin (and by extension due to easy drive Westlake) has LOTS of those folks.

Welcome to the wacky counter culture world of Austin you kookey new kids!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:58:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Of course the first comments was lib-tard Austin ( praising Colorado for "running MagPul out of Colorado", and it was "not so great bring more bullets to Texas".

Doesn't look like I will be buying any Anderson windows or doors.   Call to corporate to explain why may be in the works.    

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yes, but now the address is out, the looney lib-tards in Austin will have a place to make media scenes, die ins & to splash red paint all over everything next time they feel the need for "social activism"...

View Quote

We'll have to make sure that if libtards start doing this we counter protest them and otherwise support Magpul and make it known that there are a lot of people around Austin that WELCOME THEM HERE.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 4:34:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Very nice indeed.  I'm pretty sure it is the same place I used to work at some way back when Streetman homes was there in Westlake.

BIGGER_HAMMER
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BIGGER_HAMMER

Looks like Magpul's new HQ is west of 360, halfway between 360 & 71.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 4:42:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Indeed!

BIGGER_HAMMER
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Indeed!

BIGGER_HAMMER

No kidding.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 5:36:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BIGGER_HAMMER

Yeah...  far too far of a commute for me (I'm near PVille) even if they needed someone with my skill sets.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm at onion creek and would have no issue with that commute
Quoted:

Yeah...  far too far of a commute for me (I'm near PVille) even if they needed someone with my skill sets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BIGGER_HAMMER

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:12:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, you're not only a lot closer, you wouldn't have to fight your way all the way across the middle of Austin to get over there.  There's really no good way to get to that part of town from the PVille area...  any way I could go I would pretty much have to get into I35, Mopac or Loop 360 suckage or some combination of the above.

Anyway, it is all academic because Magpul doesn't have any jobs posted anywhere that I can find.  I think they have a lot more people who'd like to work for them than they have openings.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:22:11 PM EDT
[#22]
I used to work at bee cave and 360 so near where they are going and there were days it took an hour.  Austin traffic blows.  From what I can see they say send in a resume and if they have something that fits they will call.  Would be cool but I'm sure I have a slim to none shot.  Oh well cool that they are back in the same area as me again!
Quoted:

Well, you're not only a lot closer, you wouldn't have to fight your way all the way across the middle of Austin to get over there.  There's really no good way to get to that part of town from the PVille area...  any way I could go I would pretty much have to get into I35, Mopac or Loop 360 suckage or some combination of the above.

Anyway, it is all academic because Magpul doesn't have any jobs posted anywhere that I can find.  I think they have a lot more people who'd like to work for them than they have openings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:02:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I used to work at bee cave and 360 so near where they are going and there were days it took an hour.  Austin traffic blows.  From what I can see they say send in a resume and if they have something that fits they will call.  Would be cool but I'm sure I have a slim to none shot.  Oh well cool that they are back in the same area as me again!
View Quote

I'm not planning on sending a resume...  Unless I had some kind of clue as to what they are looking for I'd have no idea how to tailor the presentation of my experience and skills to fit the roles they might be recruiting for.  In all reality the only kind of jobs that I'm qualified for that would likely pay enough would be in IT.  I don't imagine they have much needs there if they are like most manufacturing companies (they probably contract a lot of it out), and chances are they may already have technical staff that are relocating from Colorado.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:09:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Oh...  anyway, FWIW...  and I can't say this is for sure about Magpul...  but generally if a company has no jobs posted anywhere and their web site careers section just says to send in a resume it generally means they have no serious plans of hiring anyone for anything any time soon.  So if y'all don't hear anything back from them or you just get a form "flush" letter, don't be too disappointed.  When they get serious about hiring they will post jobs and/or engage recruiter(s).  That's just the way the hiring processes usually work these days.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:19:03 PM EDT
[#25]
They arent making Mags in Austin, as far as I know. Their production occurs in their Wyoming facility.

The austin location is an office building.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:51:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
They arent making Mags in Austin, as far as I know. Their production occurs in their Wyoming facility.

The austin location is an office building.
View Quote

Yeah...  if it were the manufacturing facility here then there would be basically no chance of there being jobs that I might be qualified for that paid enough...
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:13:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I'm saying.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 12:27:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Indeed!

BIGGER_HAMMER
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Indeed!

BIGGER_HAMMER

I did.  I made sure that they know that I won't be buying anything from their company because of the position expressed by their representative.  I captured the ABJ webpage as a pdf to show them if they ask.

You can let them know here:  http://www.andersenwindows.com/contact-us/
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 11:41:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Welcome to Texas, and watch out for the fall allergies in Austin!
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 12:18:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I did.  I made sure that they know that I won't be buying anything from their company because of the position expressed by their representative.  I captured the ABJ webpage as a pdf to show them if they ask.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed!

BIGGER_HAMMER

Email sent with a link and a question asking if  this twit is an official company spokesman repeating  official company policy.   Let's see what answer I get.

BTW.  Twit is from Plano by way of Minnesota.  His facebook page is loaded with Obama crap.

No Austinites involved.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 1:52:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 11:04:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Somebody with posting privileges throw this onto that comment board ...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Somebody with posting privileges throw this onto that comment board ...

Mr. Morris, does your employer Anderson Windows know you lock and load politically hot topics and spray your thought bullets through random neighborhood windows ?

BIGGER_HAMMER
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top