Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/26/2014 8:27:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:30:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome!  I moved from colorado two years ago and missed out on the save colorado mags, though ultimately got one, glad they are back in my same town
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:48:08 PM EDT
[#2]
YES!!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:58:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope they post up about needing jobs
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:01:15 PM EDT
[#4]
While I strongly applaud MagPul for keeping their word to dump Kolorado and move to Texas, I have to wonder about the choice...

Austin IS the Kalifornia / Kolorado of Texas...

I wonder how long until the Austin Silly Council passes a Ban (or more likely special taxes) on companies making 2nd amemdment items.

Thankfully LaRue is unlikely to suffer such silly sh!t in Leander!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:03:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
While I strongly applaud MagPul for keeping their word to dump Kolorado and move to Texas, I have to wonder about the choice...

I wonder how long until the Austin Silly Council passes a Ban (or more likely special taxes) on companies making 2nd amemdment items.

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote

Was wondering this myself. Strange place to move their business. It's like moving from Moscow to Stalingrad looking to escape communism.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:36:56 PM EDT
[#6]
The location looks sort of on the outskirts of town.  Where is the city limits at that direction?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:02:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The location looks sort of on the outskirts of town.  Where is the city limits at that direction?
View Quote

They will be in a very very rich part of town.  This is where celebrities by there homes.  Kind of near lake travis.  I used to work right near there, ton of money.  It s where drew breese and nick foles went to school
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:05:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:45:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Was wondering this myself. Strange place to move their business. It's like moving from Moscow to Stalingrad looking to escape communism.
View Quote

LMFAO too funny.

V
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:25:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:33:33 PM EDT
[#11]
oops mis-post
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:42:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Austin was chosen because of a number of reasons but we like being the counterculture, kind of like in Boulder. Keeps us on our toes philosophically speaking.

We spent several days in Dallas/Fort Worth and it was a close call. In the end we are just happy to be in Texas and the music and hills in Austin are hard to beat.
View Quote

Welcome to the Austin area...  there are plenty of us around here that are solid 2nd Amendment supporters.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:49:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Austin was chosen because of a number of reasons but we like being the counterculture, kind of like in Boulder. Keeps us on our toes philosophically speaking.

We spent several days in Dallas/Fort Worth and it was a close call. In the end we are just happy to be in Texas and the music and hills in Austin are hard to beat.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BIGGER_HAMMER

Please keep the TX forum in mind if you ever have jobs open up. I just moved to the DFW area from MS for work and I hear that farther west is where TX really starts to get pretty!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:03:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Welcome!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:30:00 AM EDT
[#15]
FILE - In this Feb. 28, 2013 file photo, workers assemble 30-round capacity ammunition magazines for high-velocity rifles, inside the Magpul Industries plant in Erie, Colo. Magpul, one of the country's largest producers of ammunition magazines for guns, is leaving Colorado and moving operations to Wyoming because of Colorado laws that include restrictions on how many cartridges a magazine can hold. The Wyoming State Loan and Investment Board is considering a $13 million incentive package to help Magpul make the move. (AP Photo/Brennan Linsley, File)
View Quote

will the magazines work on low velocity rifles as well?  

hell i'm just glad they didn't call them high capacity or clips.

welcome to centex
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:37:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Congrats on the move and welcome to my neck of the woods.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:40:18 AM EDT
[#17]
As a DFW resident I'm disappointed we didn't land you guys, but very happy to have you in our state! Welcome.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:42:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BIGGER_HAMMER

In "Keep It Weird" Austin, being "CounterCulture" would be mean being a person who is hard working & bathes regularly and doesn't expect the .GOV to give them their daily bread (and everything else....)  I lived and worked in Austin and surrounding areas for 25+ years.  Loved the area, but found Austins Politicians very ugly and idiotic.

I can sure understand the Love of the Hill Country and area around Austin, but considering Austin's "Gun Politics" I am surprised yet hope maybe you are the Inchon Landing to retake Austin back to the side of sense & reason (not to mention true freedom!)

You DEFINITELY need to post job openings here on ARFCOM, as you will find the loyalist and hardest working bunch of Guys & Gals who love shooting and everything associated with it around!

Welcome to the Area & Good Luck!!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:50:43 AM EDT
[#19]
F ing A!  Stoked.  I want a picture with some cool Magpul vehicle.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:42:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:38:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you check traffic around that area? Executives can live close by but others will need a 45 minute commute if they are lucky.

Looks like the location is not currently in the city limits, but is in the ETJ, so no Austin taxes or services, but some Austin regulations apply, so Austin can annex it at some point.

Other than that, welcome to Austin!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:11:17 AM EDT
[#22]
As a fellow former Coloraden I can say Austin is a giant boulder, almost to a T.  Different from Erie though!  Glad that you guys are in my back yard once again.  Part of me misses colorado but a big part of me is glad to be rid of lickenpooper and his anti american propaganda.  Are you guys hiring?
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BIGGER_HAMMER

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:32:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BIGGER_HAMMER

either way, we are happy to have you in Texas. Just remember the Austin moto "Keep Austin Weird" and the Dallas Moto "Keep that weird shit in Austin" and you will be fine.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:38:16 AM EDT
[#24]
I will also add to those comparing colorado to Kalifornia, keep in mind colorado got rid of Udal in the senate and replaced him with a rebublican.  Colorado, unlike texas, has open carry, NFA is perfectly legal with proper paperwork, and colorado's make my day law makes the texas castle law look like something conceived by Bloomberg himself.  Colorado is not all bad but they are moving in a bad direction, sadly.  It makes sense they chose Austin because Erie is close to Boulder.  If you are used to that atmosphere it is hard to leave it.  Austin is a giant boulder, it is stock full of liberal hippie d bags but also has a fair share of decent, hard working, pro Americans, I know because I live here.  Plus let's face it, Austin is a beautiful city next to the nicest part of the state.  I'm sure a lot went into the decision and I am glad to be back in Magpul's backyard!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:45:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Good Austin needs to get poked in the face.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:58:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I will also add to those comparing colorado to Kalifornia, keep in mind colorado got rid of Udal in the senate and replaced him with a rebublican.  Colorado, unlike texas, has open carry, NFA is perfectly legal with proper paperwork, and colorado's make my day law makes the texas castle law look like something conceived by Bloomberg himself.  Colorado is not all bad but they are moving in a bad direction, sadly.  It makes sense they chose Austin because Erie is close to Boulder.  If you are used to that atmosphere it is hard to leave it.  Austin is a giant boulder, it is stock full of liberal hippie d bags but also has a fair share of decent, hard working, pro Americans, I know because I live here.  Plus let's face it, Austin is a beautiful city next to the nicest part of the state.  I'm sure a lot went into the decision and I am glad to be back in Magpul's backyard!
View Quote

Maybe things are going to change for the better in Texas!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:26:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

It has to, as opposed to Wendy Davis as Governor

V
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:27:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope so!!!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Cool.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:17:03 PM EDT
[#30]
I moved from Austin because of commie shit.

Either way, glad they are coming to Texas and wish them luck dealing with the city council
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:42:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Tag. This is awesome news.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:28:31 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BIGGER_HAMMER

I'm sure you guys had your reasons.  Though Austin is the anti-freedom city of Texas.  They've been trying to ban gun shows, and their city council and general attitude is that guns are bad, and mags' should be banned.  Fortunately for you/us though, they can't ban anything due to state preemption.  Though, with that said, even liberals in Austin have guns, and I guarantee you they all have magpul mags.  

As much as I'd rather see you guys in some OTHER city, Texas welcomes Magpul with open arms and we are glad you came here.

Welcome to Texas, from San Antonio !

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:29:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Excellent.

And welcome.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:07:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Everyone cries and whines about Austin, but we have one of the strongest shooting communities in the state here. The county boys will take good care of ya'll ...

You're in a great place to live/work. Plenty of beautiful homes out there and once the water comes back the lake will be outstanding again.

Looking forward to seeing ya'll at the range !

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:21:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Welcome to Texas
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:50:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Kinda disappointed there isn't gonna be a LaRue-Magpul super center. I had my finger crossed for that ever since I heard of the move.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:03:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Welcome!  Though I hope you guys don't regret not choosing DFW down the road.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:34:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Welcome to Austin!  With single member districts, things will begin to change.  I'm in NW Austin and my family and I are finally getting representation.

Nice to have MagPul in the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:32:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Welcome to Texas.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Fuck that noise, we're glad to have you. Welcome home and when is the BBQ?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:36:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Finding a good site may have been a problem for them?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:53:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Awesome! Can't wait to see the unimog around town.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:05:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Awesome!  I moved from colorado two years ago and missed out on the save colorado mags, though ultimately got one, glad they are back in my same town
View Quote

I've lived in Texas my whole life (4 plus decades) and I have some Save Colorado PMags!

I also got some of the Texas PMags to go with them.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:11:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BIGGER_HAMMER

Glad to see you post about the move.

Well done for sticking to your word to leave CO. I know many pointed their fingers & shrugged their shoulders when the move was not right away. I understand this kind move is not quickly decided on or done.

Congrats!
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:13:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Where do I apply and send my resumé? Totally willing to relocate from houston.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 6:13:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Welcome to the state.  

ETA:  And I would kill for yall to make straight 20s again.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 7:30:31 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Welcome to the state.  

ETA:  And I would kill for yall to make straight 20s again.
View Quote

Yes please, tired of people offering to trade.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 9:27:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dallas area does not offer anything they cannot get in Austin, given what they do. I imagine at the end of the day it is about which city offers the best incentive package.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:18:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I've lived in Texas my whole life (4 plus decades) and I have some Save Colorado PMags!

BigDozer6
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BigDozer6

this....and welcome
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top