Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2014 4:16:26 PM EDT
I saw a protest sign so I looked it up. First I've heard of it.
http://www.clubtrackholdings.com/track-information.html
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:15:38 PM EDT
[#1]
It looks like they've got their ducks all in a row with their plans. I don't however, much care for the fact that more and more farmland is going by the wayside...

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:37:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It looks like they've got their ducks all in a row with their plans. I don't however, much care for the fact that more and more farmland is going by the wayside...

View Quote

Hmm . . . . in looking at the pic in the link, there is zero farmland there.  It's 200 acres of cleared pasture land that may or may not even have any livestock on it currently.  Even if there are cows being run there now, it's not exactly a big herd on 200 acres that's being lost.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:29:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Good. This means more business, more jobs, more things to do.

The COTA track near Austin is a major event center now as well. I'm just glad its not IN Austin, or I likely wouldnt go.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:00:35 AM EDT
[#4]
This will be a club use track.  No major races are going to be held here.  Texas World Speedway is closing May of 2015 and being turned into a site for homes.  So, this track will be replacing the events that have been normally held at TWS.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This will be a club use track.  No major races are going to be held here.  Texas World Speedway is closing May of 2015 and being turned into a site for homes.  So, this track will be replacing the events that have been normally held at TWS.
View Quote

THats good because TWS was worse than the roads in Houston.  I looked at the track for possibly learning how to race but the track was in such poor condition after seeing some video that I abandoned that idea.  I'm too old now, but I hope the new track is better maintained.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:30:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I may have to check this out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top