Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2014 3:11:38 PM EDT
Early voting was open, and I voted today.

Straight republican.  

I want Wendy Davis to go down on flames.

No, that is not a typo.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:33:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Same here !
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:35:32 PM EDT
[#2]
What part of Texas?  But anyway I plan on doing the same as soon as I can here in Gregg county.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:37:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup, did my voting today as well.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Going to vote and not vote at the same time today

Look at this shit that comes up when I searched for Collin County Election lol

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh and remember to leave your gun outside the polling location, but feel free to use your CHL as ID.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 5:01:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Was going to vote today but hesitated because I needed to do some research on the libertarian candidate for senate.  I just can't bring myself to vote for John Cornyn.  The libertarian candidate running against him, Rebecca Paddock, seems to be a strong 2nd Amendment supporter so I'm thinking of voting for her.  But I don't want to throw my vote away.  Damn Cornyn.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 5:27:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Corpus Christi...and go ahead and vote for the libertarian senate candidate...Cornyn is going to walk away big anyway.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 5:51:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Wendy Davis can go to hell.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:53:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Was going to vote today but hesitated because I needed to do some research on the libertarian candidate for senate.  I just can't bring myself to vote for John Cornyn.  The libertarian candidate running against him, Rebecca Paddock, seems to be a strong 2nd Amendment supporter so I'm thinking of voting for her.  But I don't want to throw my vote away.  Damn Cornyn.
View Quote

Yeah I understand your dilemma, but remember, polling that shows a libertarian candidate that only is going to get 6% of the vote has already lost the election, and that helps people like Davis.

I had no interest in voting for Romney, however all those who refused to participate or vote for a candidate that was impossible to win, wasted their time and elected Obama, twice. I pulled the level for Romney.

I'll look at anyone in the face and tell them they are full of shit if they think we are better off under Obama, vs what Romney would have offered up, even if he was a crappy republican candidate.  Now look how long it will take the nation to recover in all manors, economics, business, jobs as a result of refusing to vote, or voting 3rd party when you knew it was a fail before the vote was cast.

The flip side of my argument is, that now that we are in such a piss poor standing in the world, we can recover with a strong candidate this time in 2016.  But at what cost, for refusing to vote for Romney, should we have to pay?

My 02 on it =)

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:44:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Voted today, straight GOP
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:04:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll be pretty much voting straight republican but I will likely vote for the Libertarian senate candidate since Cornyn is sure to win that race.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:15:59 AM EDT
[#12]
but, where are all the Texas Straight Democratic Ticket voters here on ARFCOM????

Sorry, couldn't help myself...  

Going to the do my Early Voting on Wednesday...

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:35:05 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

but, where are all the Texas Straight Democratic Ticket voters here on ARFCOM????

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:57:55 AM EDT
[#14]
I hit straight lib on mine, changed gov to Abbott so you guys don't get f'ed too much in the next couple years.

Although about half my ballot was republicans running uncontested
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:03:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Going to vote and not vote at the same time today

Look at this shit that comes up when I searched for Collin County Election lol
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-MzeP6rawrVI/VEVnQovdp2I/AAAAAAAAFSw/E-g8_ei3i0g/w689-h557-no/Capture1.JPG
View Quote

Google sucks.

They have systematically changed there algorithms to better serve their advertisers.

Bing is a bit bloaty but has much better search capability.

Also Wendy Davis sucks, I will be voting Conservative on election day becuase I want to see the sad, horrid faces of the enemy.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:14:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Honestly, Cornyn is going to win the election.  You and every other Texas member of AR15.com can feel free to vote their conscience in the U.S. Senate election because his margin of victory is going to be that big.

Having said that, I'll be voting for Abbott; because in addition to a proven, excellent 2A track record, I want to laugh at all those idiots who sent Davis money from out-of-state thinking this was going to be some big "turning Texas blue" election.  They need to have it hammered into their pointy little heads that those are just big fundraising scams now, so that if in the future, it one day comes down to the wire, they'll have a nice, fresh memory of how they were suckered in the past.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:37:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I went today. No lines, in and out in about 5 minutes.
Go do it!
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:34:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Honestly, Cornyn is going to win the election.  You and every other Texas member of AR15.com can feel free to vote their conscience in the U.S. Senate election because his margin of victory is going to be that big.

Having said that, I'll be voting for Abbott; because in addition to a proven, excellent 2A track record, I want to laugh at all those idiots who sent Davis money from out-of-state thinking this was going to be some big "turning Texas blue" election.  They need to have it hammered into their pointy little heads that those are just big fundraising scams now, so that if in the future, it one day comes down to the wire, they'll have a nice, fresh memory of how they were suckered in the past.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Voted today.  Voted straight R except for Cornyn.  And yeah. I can't wait to see the media's reaction when Wendy Davis goes down in flames.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

in GD asking why we kill deer & eat them,,,,,

I used my CHL as ID for the 1st, but not last time (Bastrop County)

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#20]
When looking up voting info for Grapevine, I noticed they have a link titled "ID con foto"...I found it amusing :P
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:23:00 PM EDT
[#21]
I voted today and voted straight Republican except I didn't vote that hunk of festering shit George P Bush.  I voted lib on that one.  Fuck that cocksucker in every imaginable way!  Probably won't matter, all the mindless, hero worshiping Bush idiots will turn out for him.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:04:01 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Yeah I understand your dilemma, but remember, polling that shows a libertarian candidate that only is going to get 6% of the vote has already lost the election, and that helps people like Davis.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I had no interest in voting for Romney, however all those who refused to participate or vote for a candidate that was impossible to win, wasted their time and elected Obama, twice. I pulled the level for Romney.

I'll look at anyone in the face and tell them they are full of shit if they think we are better off under Obama, vs what Romney would have offered up, even if he was a crappy republican candidate.  Now look how long it will take the nation to recover in all manors, economics, business, jobs as a result of refusing to vote, or voting 3rd party when you knew it was a fail before the vote was cast.

The flip side of my argument is, that now that we are in such a piss poor standing in the world, we can recover with a strong candidate this time in 2016.  But at what cost, for refusing to vote for Romney, should we have to pay?

My 02 on it =)

Screwed up and voted for Perot back in the 90's-last time I threw away a vote-

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:54:04 PM EDT
[#23]
I noticed a lot more Democrat voters at the Collin County polling place today - mostly young kids.  The Dems have way improved their ground game in Collin County if today is any indication.  Get out and vote.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:37:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Voted yesterday straight R down the line.

In and out in just a few minutes. Only me and a bunch of old folks there. This was in Katy.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:47:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Voted as well today. Only one other person in a booth when I got there so like others in and out in five minutes. Straight R all the way.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:32:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Can someone explain the constitutional amendment a little better than the two sentences on the votetexas website?
something about allowing 'certain' funds to be moved from general funds to the transportation department to be spent on roads, but not toll roads.
on the surface that sounds good, but why would that require a constitutional amendment? what am i missing here?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:39:34 AM EDT
[#27]
proposes an amendment to the Texas Constitution to require the
comptroller of public accounts to allocate to the state highway fund, for
the sole purpose of constructing, maintaining, and acquiring rights-of-way
for public roadways other than toll roads, up to half of the amount of
oil and gas production tax revenue the comptroller currently is required
to transfer each year to the economic stabilization fund
. The proposed
amendment requires the legislature to provide for a procedure by which
the allocation of oil and gas production tax revenue may be adjusted to
provide for a transfer of a greater amount to the economic stabilization
fund, with the remainder, if any, allocated for transfer to the state highway
fund.
View Quote

http://www.tlc.state.tx.us/pubsconamend/analyses14/analysis14.pdf
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:20:59 PM EDT
[#28]
I'll try to make it out to vote today.  

I wonder if I ever put the voter registration card back in the file or if it's still in my car console from primary season.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:24:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Did my Civic Duty on Tuesday and easy in and out in 10 minutes tops.

It was SUCH a PAIN to have to SHOW my Drivers License to the poll workers.

I experiences SUCH severe emotional distress that I may have to take the rest of the week off to recover....  
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:24:32 PM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
. The proposed
fund.

Thanks for that link....
From link above:
"Comments by Supporters.
A marked need for additional transportation
funding has been created by a number of factors, including the growth
of the state's population and economy and the attendant increase in the
number of vehicle miles driven on public roadways; erosion in the relative
value of the state gasoline tax as a result of inflation and improvements
in vehicle fuel economy; maintenance requirements of an aging highway
system; and the added strains placed on public roadways by increased
oil and gas exploration and production. The funding mechanism set out
by the proposed amendment and its enabling legislation will result in a
steady stream of additional highway money that could be used for long-
term planning by transportation administrators.
The funding mechanism affects only deposits to the economic
stabilization fund; it does not raise taxes or fees and has no effect
on money coming out of the fund. With the proposed amendment's
passage, the economic stabilization fund will still have a robust balance
despite recent appropriations from the fund and anticipated future
appropriations. Furthermore, the funding mechanism gives legislators a
voice in its operation and provides what is effectively a 10-year expiration
date if the process does not meet expectations.
Comments by Opponents.
Funding transportation is a key component
of state government's complex appropriations process and, rather than
being delegated to the voters through the proposed amendment, should
be treated like any other part of that process.
While there may be widespread agreement that the state must find
additional funding for its many current and future transportation needs,
oil and gas production taxes are a volatile revenue stream that should
not be considered as part of a long-term solution to transportation
funding. In addition, the amount of funds that would be allocated to the
state highway fund under the procedures contemplated by the proposed
amendment and its enabling legislation constitute only approximately
one-quarter of the funds that are needed to keep up with an increasing
demand for transportation funding."

so, it's not raising taxes, but taking more than currently from the "rainy day fund".
but, the amount more to be taken isn't enough to cover the projected needs...
My gut is saying no on this one.
what's y'alls take? any other comments?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:26:19 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
. The proposed
fund.

The simple version is they want to take a substantial portion of the money that is going into the "Rainy Day Fund" and divert it into road repair and road infrastructure projects. This requires a Constitutional Amendment since the Texas Constitution requires up to half of the production tax revenue on oil & gas to go towards the rainy day fund.  If this Amendment passes the legislature will make a law that takes that 50% production tax revenue and splits it up between the rainy day fund and roads, with the rainy day fund to receive the greater part of that (which could literally mean $1 greater).
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:24:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Got my vote on in Brazos County.

In and out in 5 minutes.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Voted this morning in Brazoria County.  It was just my wife and I plus another couple.

I voted straight republican except for Cornyn (I wrote in my dog's name Pedals) and I didn't vote for Bush went with the Libertarian candidate.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:36:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Voted this morning in Brazoria County.  It was just my wife and I plus another couple.

I voted straight republican except for Cornyn (I wrote in my dog's name Pedals) and I didn't vote for Bush went with the Libertarian candidate.
View Quote

I voted for Cornyn & Bush, and straight Dems for all else.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:54:18 PM EDT
[#35]
I voted yesterday. No waiting in and out. I was happy to see a bunch of cars with NRA stickers in the parking lot.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:23:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Voted this afternoon.  Five people in the line in front of me.  No fuss, no muss, no shenanigans with the vote machine thing.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:35:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You renegade
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:59:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Just voted.  Asked if they were having any try to vote without ID, response was a few people protested about having to show ID.  I then asked about the signs with Votar being posted outside and why they were discriminating against Chinese people who couldn't read English and at that point got the .    Please go vote, it's real easy.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:27:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I voted yesterday. No waiting in and out. I was happy to see a bunch of cars with NRA stickers in the parking lot.
View Quote

That doesnt really mean anything unfortunately...
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:09:26 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Thanks for that link....

From link above:

"Comments by Supporters.

Comments by Opponents.

so, it's not raising taxes, but taking more than currently from the "rainy day fund".

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

. The proposed

fund.

Thanks for that link....

From link above:

"Comments by Supporters.

Comments by Opponents.

I'm pretty much against spending, especially from the savings account.  I vote against every bond measure and every measure to spend money.  They have enough.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top