Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2014 3:23:09 PM EDT
Any fisherman ever had any run ins with freshwater shrimp. This weekend while on the lake we started to hear a loud clicking noise. It sounded like wires shorting out. After turning off the batteries and listening further, it was coming from the water. There was also around 100 dead 1" clear shrimp around our boat. Ive never heard or seen such a thing. I researched some and found a shrimp called grass or glass shrimp that looked alot like what we saw.Anyone else ever heard them in a lake?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:15:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish I knew how to post a pic of Bubba and Forrest.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:26:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wish I knew how to post a pic of Bubba and Forrest.
View Quote

just pour in some hot drawn butter and dive in.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:49:40 AM EDT
[#3]
The zombie shrimp uses a clicking sound while appearing dead on the surface of the water.   DON'T get in the water!
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:28:43 PM EDT
[#4]
What lake were you at?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:45:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The zombie shrimp uses a clicking sound while appearing dead on the surface of the water.   DON'T get in the water!
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:11:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Never knew fresh water shrimp did that. Story: I used to live in Nederland Texas between Port Arthur and Beaumont and fished Sabine Lake quite often. My favorite is Flounder and Speckled Trout. One summer afternoon I was on Sabine lake in my 14' flat bottom boat and it was dead calm and hot as all get out. I usually fish with a spoon under the birds. The birds are feeding on shrimp fleeing the trout. I started hearing that clicking sound and I could see shrimp jumping out of the water trying to get away from the trout. One of the shrimp actually jumped into my boat and landed on the floor right in front of me. I looked at the shrimp and could just imagine it saying "please don't throw me back in mister"

True story
Vince
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:17:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I used to catch them with a cast net back in the day in various running canals and reservoirs. They were excellent bait for freshwater white drum. They suck for a shrimp cocktail. yes I was very young when I tried.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top