Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2014 6:36:15 AM EDT
Cuz wrote from Astan, telling us of the Porker plan to subpoena all the ministers in the Houston area to make sure they are not preaching against her gay/lesbian agenda.

Originally Posted By Herman Cain.

I just need to move one county over.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 8:34:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I think she might be looking under the wrong rock.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 8:05:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Blow Back, how does it work?

She's going to step on the land mine most democrats manage to avoid. The black vote is in the tank for them until they attack the ministers.

Where's my popcorn?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 8:15:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been reading posts on this all day.  One thing just about everyone has gotten wrong is Anise Parker had something to do with this.  This is all the city attorney.  He's doing what attorneys do best, making friends.

Since no one has posted it in this thread:

We mayor now.

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:23:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been reading posts on this all day.  One thing just about everyone has gotten wrong is Anise Parker had something to do with this.  This is all the city attorney.  He's doing what attorneys do best, making friends.

We mayor now.

View Quote

I think it was outside counsel who did it. In fact, I bet a paralegal pulled a request for discovery document from another case, changed the names to fit the current case and filed it. Overreaching discovery is SOP for civil litigation. Ask for everything even if its unreasonable and argue it in front of the judge. Sometimes you get lucky.

The Fault lies with the person who needed to think through what they were doing.

The city attorney claims he never read it. That is likely true or perhaps he only scanned it and didn't think about what it was asking. Regardless, he committed malpractice against his client, the citizens of the city.

Doesn't the Gay Mayor have a political commissar to help review these things like Eboma does?
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 2:33:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Cuz wrote from Astan, telling us of the Porker plan to subpoena all the ministers in the Houston area to make sure they are not preaching against her gay/lesbian agenda.

Originally Posted By Herman Cain.

I just need to move one county over.
View Quote

That is the slant some people are putting on it, but it isn't accurate.  They can preach about whatever they want and no one is trying to stop them.  They can preach that homosexuality is bad, but they can't use the church for certain political activities. Since churches don't pay taxes they are subsidized by those of us that do and they can't use our money for political activities.  If they want to give up their tax exempt status they can do whatever they want.  The subpoenas were issued because of a lawsuit that was filed by the churches against the City and are for sermons that were previously given during a specific time period, not for sermons they plan on giving.  It appears some churches may have violated the law in the way they gathered signatures to force a repeal referendum.  I have no love for Mayor Anise Parker (especially the way she gave the City Attorney a 43% raise this year to try and get same sex benefits for her wife), but some religious groups aren't being totally honest in the way they are presenting this in the media.

"Exemption Requirements - 501(c)(3) Organizations
To be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, an organization must be organized and operated exclusively for exempt purposes set forth in section 501(c)(3), and none of its earnings may inure to any private shareholder or individual. In addition, it may not be an action organization, i.e., it may not attempt to influence legislation as a substantial part of its activities and it may not participate in any campaign activity for or against political candidates."

"In general, no organization may qualify for section 501(c)(3) status if a substantial part of its activities is attempting to influence legislation (commonly known as lobbying).  A 501(c)(3) organization may engage in some lobbying, but too much lobbying activity risks loss of tax-exempt status.

Legislation includes action by Congress, any state legislature, any local council, or similar governing body, with respect to acts, bills, resolutions, or similar items (such as legislative confirmation of appointive office), or by the public in referendum, ballot initiative, constitutional amendment, or similar procedure.  It does not include actions by executive, judicial, or administrative bodies.

An organization will be regarded as attempting to influence legislation if it contacts, or urges the public to contact, members or employees of a legislative body for the purpose of proposing, supporting, or opposing legislation, or if the organization advocates the adoption or rejection of legislation.

Organizations may, however, involve themselves in issues of public policy without the activity being considered as lobbying.  For example, organizations may conduct educational meetings, prepare and distribute educational materials, or otherwise consider public policy issues in an educational manner without jeopardizing their tax-exempt status."
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:09:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd rather pay taxes than compromise.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 3:54:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Anise Porker is pretty close sounding to Anus Porker which sounds pretty homoerotic to me.

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 4:10:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anise Porker is pretty close sounding to Anus Porker which sounds pretty homoerotic to me.

View Quote

I'm suddenly hungry, and horny, at the same time.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:27:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

We mayor now.

View Quote

I heard her speak the other night to the TX Freedom Network in Austin and she sure seemed happy to take credit for it then. This is how i remember it:
"We won't let those dirty conservatives block our freedom of speech and keep us away from voting with Nazi I'd laws......
.......hooray for blocking conservative free speech and lets pull an acorn at the polls this november"
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Anise Poker and Wendy Davis can hold hands, eat each other's pussies and go to hell.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:11:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anise Poker and Wendy Davis can hold hands, eat each other's pussies and go to hell.
View Quote

That is some sick shit right there. The mental image will stay with me awhile now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top