Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2014 12:02:42 AM EDT
My mother and father are huge Walking Dead fans so my siblings and I have decided to try and do a kids only family portrait with a walking dead survivor theme.  I am looking for a piece of private property (so that we may use firearms in the picture) maybe with some run down structures and some woods so that we can set up and get some good shots.  I know this is a long shot but I have seen this site connect a lot of people and I am crossing my fingers.  

Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:14:40 AM EDT
[#1]
You do realize TX is open carry for long guns?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:17:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I realize that but I really don't want some tard calling the cops on us over a crazy family portrait.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:28:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I realize that but I really don't want some tard calling the cops on us over a crazy family portrait.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go somewhere cool (find small old town with falling down buildings), pose for a couple of pictures and when you're ready for final shoot, grab your guns.  Unless you're calculating to cause alarm you should be fine.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:25:08 AM EDT
[#4]
If you do it in a public place early on Sunday morning and let the local cops know, you shouldn't have any problems.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:02:20 PM EDT
[#5]
There are probably thousands of potential locations in East Houston.

There is also the option at one or more of the houses knocked down daily for McMansion replacement in the Oak Forest neighborhood. S.E.A.L.S. on patrol would probably not be amused.

Your main challenge is finding a location where you would not be tresspassing.

Two weeks ago I was in West Texas for the Pecos Run and Gun (rained out). The remains of the town Toyah, TX would probably be ideal for a SHTF film - I said that aloud to to my friend as we drove through. That is a long drive from Houston - but the imagery was perfect. It is ironic that Toyah's final blow was a flash flood in 2004 - Pecos Run and Gun 2014 was cancelled due to a flash flood and turned into a vehicle recovery effort in the flooded desert.
Ghost Town Toyah, TX

If you are willing to drive 3.5 hours from Houston there is a Walking Dead themed Zombie Destruction Biathalon on October 11th. You can hold rifles and take all the photos you want - no legal hassle - and there are some structures there that look close to abandoned. There is thread about ZD in this forum. I'm confident you could enter the property, take your pics and hang out with no hassle. Only biathalon participants have to pay to enter.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:34:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

There is also the option at one or more of the houses knocked down daily for McMansion replacement in the Oak Forest neighborhood. S.E.A.L.S. on patrol would probably not be amused.

Two weeks ago I was in West Texas for the Pecos Run and Gun (rained out). The remains of the town Toyah, TX would probably be ideal for a SHTF film - I said that aloud to to my friend as we drove through. That is a long drive from Houston - but the imagery was perfect. It is ironic that Toyah's final blow was a flash flood in 2004 - Pecos Run and Gun 2014 was cancelled due to a flash flood and turned into a vehicle recovery effort in the flooded desert.
Ghost Town Toyah, TX

If you are willing to drive 3.5 hours from Houston there is a Walking Dead themed Zombie Destruction Biathalon on October 11th. You can hold rifles and take all the photos you want - no legal hassle - and there are some structures there that look close to abandoned. There is thread about ZD in this forum. I'm confident you could enter the property, take your pics and hang out with no hassle. Only biathalon participants have to pay to enter.

<a href="https://imageshack.com/i/ipbn8b79j" target="_blank">http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/673/bn8b79.jpg</a>
View Quote

Do you live in Oak Forest?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:22:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ghost Town Toyah, TX

<a href="https://imageshack.com/i/ipbn8b79j" target="_blank">http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/673/bn8b79.jpg</a>
View Quote

Thanks for the info!  I'm going to follow up.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:45:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Do you live in Oak Forest?
View Quote

My brother does.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:46:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Bump for any other ideas
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top