Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2014 3:28:43 PM EDT
Anyone collect em' anymore?  I used to when I was a kid, and get back into it here and there and get a wild hair and buy some stuff.  It's a shame it's not something that kids can do much anymore, with the "cheap" packs of cards being $2+.  

If any of you guys still do collect/buy, where you go?  There any REAL card shops around anymore or are those extinct?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:10:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I still have boxes of them along with some collectible hotwheels. Hopefully they'll be worth something again someday.

I fucking hate sports now.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:15:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Lol, I don't know how old you are, but the stuff I collected growing up as a kid in the late 80's and early 90's was so over produced that they don't hardly have any value.  Certain cards of certain players do of course, but not too many.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:46:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lol, I don't know how old you are, but the stuff I collected growing up as a kid in the late 80's and early 90's was so over produced that they don't hardly have any value.  Certain cards of certain players do of course, but not too many.
View Quote

I had a few cards that were worth some money back in the 90's, mainly rookie cards and special editions. According to my outdated collectors book I have some hotwheels worth $75 each.

Their use to be a collectors shop in west Fort Worth back in the early to mid 90's. I have no idea if it's still there or not.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I collected baseball cards and such when I was younger.  Had a decent collection and then sold it all off as I didn't keep up with it anymore and got tired of dragging them around every time I moved.  I do a lot of driving around cities for work and I just don't see sports card shops like there used to be in the 80's.  Where I grew up there was one right down the street next to our neighborhood.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:33:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I was a big collector of football cards up until about a year ago, but I lost interest in sports in general. Since then I have been liquidating my collection. There are not many good card shops, and I bought 100% of my cards off of eBay. eBay is the best place to get cards, whether new or classic, and depending on what you want you can get cards for super cheap.

I wouldn't waste money on packs of modern cards, you may pull some kind of auto/patch/swatch/serial number but they almost all end up being near worthless after a few years. I collected cards form 1950-1989, with most being HOFer rookies graded by PSA.

OP if you are interested in some classic football cards for nearly free shoot me a PM and I can get you some stuff.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:03:53 PM EDT
[#6]
That's what I was considering doing. Getting into some graded cards of stars and some of my old school favorites.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top