BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:04:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So your going to risk a DEADLY CONDUCT felony charge for a drunk walking in your lawn?

Do you think you can shoot a trespasser standing in your yard?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A single warning shot

So your going to risk a DEADLY CONDUCT felony charge for a drunk walking in your lawn?

The sarcasm meter was flickering even without the on the single warning shot

ETA: page 3 in mine suckers, let me be the first to suggest a WIDE punji pit
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:15:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A single warning shot

I didn't detect any sarcasm in this thread.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:15:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Blocking the cattle guard is easy enough.  Do you think we could get warning shot certified on the CHL through the next legislation session?  Three misses at 25 yards sounds good to me.  Thanks y'all.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:43:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow you always take life this literally?
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A single warning shot

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:45:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Phew, glad somebody saw it
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A single warning shot

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#6]
This shit makes my blood boil. This is a CLASSIC case of a big city person who moves to the country and wants to bring the comfort and security  of town, out to the country. As my distant neighbor told his neighbor who was griping about noise: "....if you don't want to hear gunfire and the sound of hot-rod engines being revved, move back to town."

The issue is not your gunfire so long as your not breaking the law.  As such you don't have to apologize and especially don't have to notify the woman when you want to shoot. Man up. That woman should fear and respect you as the landowner more than she should law enforcement.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:45:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Turn a flamethrower on them?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:59:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That is great as long as your situation isn't like the OP's where the @$$#013 neighbor tresspasses and gets right in this face.  It is hard to ignore then, and not something that a landowner should have to put up with on their own property when they are doing nothing illegal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a belligerent horse's ass of a neighbor, and the best advice I got from the Sheriff's deputy who I last talked to about this guy was to not talk to them at all.  I just ignore the guy.  He says something, it's like there is no noise at all.  I don't look at him, nothing.  Remember, it takes 2 to start something.

That is great as long as your situation isn't like the OP's where the @$$#013 neighbor tresspasses and gets right in this face.  It is hard to ignore then, and not something that a landowner should have to put up with on their own property when they are doing nothing illegal.

Let me see...  You're out shooting, and the neighbor comes over because of your shooting.  You don't say anything, then neighbor starts bitching about your shooting.  I'd do what I came to do.  Shoot.  Your shooting away with ear protection on, and your neighbor isn't.  Fire off some serious noise makers.  Things with brakes and such.  They'll get the message.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:08:30 PM EDT
[#9]
If she's obviously drunk and coming onto your property to harass you, why isn't she subject to arrest for public intoxication, at the very least?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:38:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Let me see...  You're out shooting, and the neighbor comes over because of your shooting.  You don't say anything, then neighbor starts bitching about your shooting.  I'd do what I came to do.  Shoot.  Your shooting away with ear protection on, and your neighbor isn't.  Fire off some serious noise makers.  Things with brakes and such.  They'll get the message.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a belligerent horse's ass of a neighbor, and the best advice I got from the Sheriff's deputy who I last talked to about this guy was to not talk to them at all.  I just ignore the guy.  He says something, it's like there is no noise at all.  I don't look at him, nothing.  Remember, it takes 2 to start something.

It probably isn't that simple if the OP is coming here asking questions.  If the neighbour is getting right in his face it may not be so easy or safe to continue shooting.  Some of these people are not that rational, especially when they are drinking so they may not "get the message" like you'd think they should.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Just call the cops. In Texas, its illegal to drive your lawnmower down the road drunk. I know a fella who got a DUI doing it. Call the cops and tell them she's driving under the influence, and trespassing.

And tell her to have her ID out before the cops get there.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:41:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Got some additional intel from a neighbor today.  The husband is not bothered by the gunfire and said his wife likes a little drama so I think we are good here.  I wish the husband would tighten the leash a little but apparently if she is out visiting the neighbors he is home enjoying the solitude.  I had a wife like that once.  The new one is much better.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:41:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Okay, on this certified mail purse swinging I think what is meant is Registered Mail, return receipt.  Registered mail is tracked by the PO as to where it was and where it was delivered to.  Return receipt, someone has to sign for it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:28:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Got some additional intel from a neighbor today.  The husband is not bothered by the gunfire and said his wife likes a little drama so I think we are good here.  I wish the husband would tighten the leash a little but apparently if she is out visiting the neighbors he is home enjoying the solitude.  I had a wife like that once.  The new one is much better.  
View Quote

Good to know.  Suggestion:  Invite the husband to come pop off a few shots next time you go out, can't hurt anything and just might settle his missus down a bit.  Not a regular thing but an invite might just cure this issue for good.   YMMV
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:30:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Send registeredmail with letter informing her that she is not permitted on your property.  Dave a copy for you, and save return receipt.  If you never get signed receipt back, post signs or verbally tell her (record video on phone).
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

My 1st ex-wife often impersonated a lunatic/cunt. I got rid of her back in early 74.
#2 is still around after 36 years. I fear that I may never be able to run her off.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:53:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Don't forget to blade at 45 degrees.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top