Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/25/2014 3:35:07 PM EDT
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/25/south-carolina-police-officer-shooting-unnarmed-man-charged

This officer does need to be prosecuted and receive prison time.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 3:43:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Yea, not going to go well for the LEO.  He even asked the guy for his ID...
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 6:31:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Did it ever say where he was shot? Is the video he says after he is shot he cant feel his leg. Did he get hit in the leg,back or where?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 6:54:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I am overloading on "WTF?"
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 6:55:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did it ever say where he was shot? Is the video he says after he is shot he cant feel his leg. Did he get hit in the leg,back or where?
View Quote

Hip
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#6]
It's becoming an everyday occurrence

I got pulled over a few years ago in Garland (even though I saw him before the light turned green, and was the slowest car in all three lanes, and not speeding) and the cop was an asshole from the minute he got to my window. "Why are both of your hands on the wheel, it makes you look paranoid! Are you doing something you shouldn't be??!".

When I gave him ID and he saw my CHL he put his hand on his gun and started screaming at me to "show me your weapon! Show me your damn weapon!!!" It was in the glove box and I wasn't about to reach for it, and told him "with you screaming, clearly losing your cool and hand on your weapon, I am NOT going to reach for a firearm and end up getting killed for it.". I let him retrieve it.

And all this kid did is comply. Good thing I didn't, who knows how that would have gone down
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:22:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

In the hip. He's gonna get a big pay day, the officer was fired.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:25:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/25/south-carolina-police-officer-shooting-unnarmed-man-charged

View Quote

Why is this posted in here? Didn't happen in TX.

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:32:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This forum never misses a chance to try to establish that cops are all bad.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it's a free country and people can talk about what they want? So now that you can't defend the actions of the officer you don't want even acknowledge it? Or better yet change the subject. Why can't you see this was bad judgement to put it kindly.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:55:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

getting fired is the least of his problems...he's gonna be meeting bubba!
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:04:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Sure appears this guy should have never made it out of the academy.  What a stroke.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:11:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Because it's a free country and people can talk about what they want? So now that you can't defend the actions of the officer you don't want even acknowledge it? Or better yet change the subject. Why can't you see this was bad judgement to put it kindly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i think he was saying because this is the TEXAS hometown forum generally used to discuss TEXAS events. it doesnt always work that way though

this event has already been acknowledged in gd. 8+ pages worth

and everyone including the the officers department agrees he was in he wrong and he is going to face a courtroom

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:12:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote
silly statement
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:17:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Glad the shooting victim survived.

I see nothing wrong with posting that article in this forum, just as I don't have an issue with all the Texas issues posted in GD.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:17:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No sir, that is not true. Don't change the subject. I don't understand why you feel this is an attack on your character or for that matter anyone else in law enforcement. Nobody is accusing you. Do you think this is a justified shooting,Yes or no? So go ahead and deflect the question with everyone is picking on law enforcement  and I wasn't onsite etc etc. I am asking from your view point on the camera to answer yes or no? The fact that no one is ever allowed to criticize anything about about stuff like this is part of the problem. I didn't see you complaining anytime I agreed with a officers position or complemented a department.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:21:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No sir, that is not true. Don't change the subject. I don't understand why you feel this is an attack on your character or for that matter anyone else in law enforcement. Nobody is accusing you. Do you think this is a justified shooting,Yes or no? So go ahead and deflect the question with everyone is picking on law enforcement  and I wasn't onsite etc etc. I am asking from your view point on the camera to answer yes or no? The fact that no one is ever allowed to criticize anything about about stuff like this is part of the problem. I didn't see you complaining anytime I agreed with a officers position or complemented a department.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prepare your anus with peppering of personal attacks.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:26:57 PM EDT
[#18]
This thread has gone from "Fuck that guy" to "WHAT IN THE BLUE SHIT IS GOING ON?!"
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:36:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This thread has gone from "Fuck that guy" to "WHAT IN THE BLUE SHIT IS GOING ON?!"
View Quote

You lack the history in the HTF.  If someone posts something negative or questions LE behavior, certain individual(s) get extremely offended and start issuing personal attacks.  Imagine the thin blue line going full retard.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:40:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No...no one is saying that however the cop that shot this guy is BAD!  The cop deserves to go to jail and the victim is getting ready to get PAID!!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:36:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:Imagine the thin blue line going full retard.
View Quote

I partly laughed because that was funny but more because it is true.  That's what make good comedy good.

to address others:

I said "pick up the can", don't do it and I shoot you, do it and I shoot you.

Why is it in HT.. maybe a heads up?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 1:07:40 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote

A few of the cops on this forum are able to do that just fine without any help

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 1:56:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point.  There is really no issue with bad cops, just an infinitesimal number of bad apples that make it look like the system is broken.
It's just leftardism run rampant trying desperately to convince people that things are bad.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 2:51:49 AM EDT
[#24]
So if there are 8+ pages of this in GD, isn't this a dupe?

I fail to see HTF relevance.

I do love Texas though.  I think we need a smiley face with a TX flag like we have for the US flag.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 6:24:15 AM EDT
[#25]
The point of this being posted in here, was to start a COPS SUCK thread.  Period.

Even if the cop is wrong, as obvious as it is here in this case,  there's already a thread in GD, or SC HTF where the event occurred.

TX HTF Should not be turned into GD. Which I specifically avoid due to the plethora of 10th grade behavior.  I would like to assume TX HTF is a group of adults, by contrast.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 6:48:07 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So where is your thread about eric holder resigning  in TX HTF?

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 7:29:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Good.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:24:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You really should wrap your head to keep the bad thoughts from intruding.  Maybe the next time that you or one of your buddies BBQs perhaps they could keep the used tinfoil for you to wrap your head?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:24:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The point of this being posted in here, was to start a COPS SUCK thread.  Period.

Even if the cop is wrong, as obvious as it is here in this case,  there's already a thread in GD, or SC HTF where the event occurred.

TX HTF Should not be turned into GD. Which I specifically avoid due to the plethora of 10th grade behavior.  I would like to assume TX HTF is a group of adults, by contrast.

View Quote

You really need to wrap your head in tinfoil.  It was posted here because I thought it was an interesting article for everybody that was interested to review.  Sort of a, "If the nice officer asks to see your license don't rapidly reach into your vehicle or you may be shot due to an easily excitable officer shooting you" heads up thing.  I have several good friends that are police or retired police and I don't bash them for doing their jobs as personally I believe that most law enforcement is underpaid, under appreciated, and get crap from both sides of the aisle citizens and judges.  That being said, the officer in the video was clearly in the wrong.  Pulling his service weapon and aiming it at the guy that got shot seems to me to be well within a responsible response to a person rapidly reaching into their vehicle.  Shooting the guy 4 times beginning at the point where you ask the guy for his license and he doesn't behave in an aggressive manner and hasn't removed his hand from the vehicle seems a bit excessive, just my opinion.  

Remember, if people really are out to get you, you may not be paranoid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx4jn77VKlQ
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:43:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Nevermind.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:57:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Why is this posted in the TXHTF again? Was the thread in GD not good enough for OP?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 11:27:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Here's another interesting article from national news.

national news article for TX HTF to discuss.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 1:45:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I didn't start the thread. I merely commented on it.Like I said " change the subject, deflect". To answer your question however.If I felt stating the obvious was necessary and was compelled to do I wouldn't hesitate to post it here as I live in Texas which in my opinion is the biggest criteria and intent of this forum.Will you address the subject of it being a legitimate shoot or not?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't start the thread. I merely commented on it.Like I said " change the subject, deflect". To answer your question however.If I felt stating the obvious was necessary and was compelled to do I wouldn't hesitate to post it here as I live in Texas which in my opinion is the biggest criteria and intent of this forum.Will you address the subject of it being a legitimate shoot or not?

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 1:49:09 PM EDT
[#35]
ITT: Everybody is mad.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 2:02:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Why are the LEOs posting here so upset about this thread being posted in HTF instead of GD?  OP has stated his intention was to bring awareness to the local crowd that might not play around in GD.  Never once did I see this as a ALL COPS ARE BAD thread until the usual suspects started crapping on it.  If you don't want to rehash the topic, move on and read something else.

Because of OP posting here, I actually watched the video and I'm sure others did the same.  What bothers me is that certain individuals insist on dictating what one should or shouldn't post in this forum (they are not the moderators be feel they have that power).
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:50:38 PM EDT
[#38]
I would like to add that since I never go to the south carolina forum it never occurred to me that I should post the article there.  I am not exactly which GDD subheading would have been a good place to post.

Now that I think about it a bit more and looked under General Discussions, Brothers of the Shield may have been the more appropriate forum for the post.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:34:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Because of OP posting here, I actually watched the video and I'm sure others did the same.
View Quote

I was one. I steer clear of GD and this topic over there was a perfect example of why. Hope for a quick recovery for the guy.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#40]
I feel for the guy.

Thankfully this cop's ability to neutralize a perceived threat was pathetic. How many of those shots fired from less than 3 yards away actually struck their intended target? Had the guy been reaching for a weapon, chances are this would have been a "Cop killed" story.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 9:35:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I feel for the guy.

Thankfully this cop's ability to neutralize a perceived threat was pathetic. How many of those shots fired from less than 3 yards away actually struck their intended target? Had the guy been reaching for a weapon, chances are this would have been a "Cop killed" story.
View Quote

That bothers me but what really disturbs me is the fact that after the initial incident the officer hesitated and then fired one last round after the suspect had surrendered with his hands in the air. Truly chilling to watch.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 1:04:20 PM EDT
[#42]
This thread is dildos.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 1:39:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
This thread is dildos.
View Quote

I think you mean bananas.

But really, either works in a pinch I guess.

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 2:14:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That bothers me but what really disturbs me is the fact that after the initial incident the officer hesitated and then fired one last round after the suspect had surrendered with his hands in the air. Truly chilling to watch.
View Quote

I hadn't noticed that, but now that you mention it...  that really is going way beyond reasonable force.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:35:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:01:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
WTH.

There used to be a time where we could have civil discussions about situations gone wrong.

COP bashing won't be tolerated, that is true. This is not cop bashing, this incident show this particular officer was an idiot and did not control the encounter in an effective manner. Sadly one man was shot and the city is on the hook for it.

This can happen anywhere. Why not discuss the content without the GD antics?
View Quote

^^^ Exactly!

Some just got their "panties" in a bunch...typical!
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 5:52:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too many of them are. Enough to declare its an epidemic, and needs to be addressed nationally. I believe they should all have 4 year degrees, and that our criminal justice system needs to be reformed.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 5:54:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
i think he was saying because this is the TEXAS hometown forum generally used to discuss TEXAS events. it doesnt always work that way though
and everyone including the the officers department agrees he was in he wrong and he is going to face a courtroom

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And now its being addressed in THIS forum, by FREE Americans. If you don't like it, have a glass of koolaid and go vote for a communist to regulate internet speech.

Doesn't have to be TX to bring it up.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
silly statement
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

silly statement

A true statement that you seem to be in denial of.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 5:58:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Everyone calm down. Its just the old senile txinvestigator being the wise old forum owl, complaining about the free speech others use that he so self-righteously claims to have spent so many years protecting, but hates the fact that people use it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top