Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2014 9:47:17 AM EDT

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texas/2014/09/15/Texas-Law-Enforcement-Prepare-to-Defend-Bridges-From-Militia-Groups

MISSION, Texas -- Authorities prepare to use “whatever force is necessary” to defend international bridges between Texas and Mexico from U.S. based militia groups. The preparations by Texas law enforcement agencies are in response to recently discovered plans by militia groups to attempt closing several international bridges. The militia groups' plans are intended to be protests against the federal government's failure to secure the border between the U.S. and Mexico. The plans call for militia groups to begin blocking traffic on an undisclosed number of international bridges in the Rio Grande Valley on Sept. 20th, 2014.

“We will not allow these groups to disrupt the economic commerce of our region and we are prepared to use force to keep the bridges open,” said one law enforcement officer who spoke with Breitbart Texas on the condition of anonymity. The officer explained that the bridges are not symbols of illegal immigration, but rather, they are vital parts of the local economy. “We cannot allow them to be shut down by lawless behavior from people who claim to be promoting the rule of law.”

Full article on hotlink.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:29:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Considering they keep wreckers on standy for broken down cars on the bridge, I don't see this working out the way they plan.  

I suggest letting the several thosuand people they just gridlocked take care of the problem.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:35:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like lots of parania if true, but given the huge amount of advertising at breitbart.com it looks like click-bait. No way I'm going there to read the full thing.

Got a legit source?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Idiot bubba brigade are going to get their asses handed to them. If they want to play soldier on someone's private property, fine. Don't tie up LE assets to try and prove a point.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:29:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Idiot bubba brigade are going to get their asses handed to them. If they want to play soldier on someone's private property, fine. Don't tie up LE assets to try and prove a point.
View Quote

OK, but the fact here is that the Idiot Bubba Brigades will being doing more to prevent illegal immigration than said  "LE Assets" as far as I can tell. At least with the "Blue Servo" project occasionally you could see some interdiction, but since DPS shut that down all I see is more illegals flooding into town fresh from the border.

I think that is a point worth proving. There was a time when I thought they were just loose cannons, and maybe they still are, but right now they seem to be the only ones doing anything, or at least trying.

I will cut them some slack if only because of that.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:56:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

OK, but the fact here is that the Idiot Bubba Brigades will being doing more to prevent illegal immigration than said  "LE Assets" as far as I can tell. At least with the "Blue Servo" project occasionally you could see some interdiction, but since DPS shut that down all I see is more illegals flooding into town fresh from the border.

I think that is a point worth proving. There was a time when I thought they were just loose cannons, and maybe they still are, but right now they seem to be the only ones doing anything, or at least trying.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The "fact" is all they are doing now is getting in the way of the state and federal agencies that are there 24/7. You obviously have no idea what is going on down there other than what you might read on the internet. You're not going to see the interdiction that is going on behind the walls, along and on the river. They may seem to be doing something because they want the publicity.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 2:05:50 PM EDT
[#6]
First I'm hearing of any of this. Pretty sure if it was true it would be all over different discussion boards.

Sounds like some story picked up by a local news outlet. Nothing buy hearsay.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 2:20:21 PM EDT
[#7]
What a shitshow.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 2:58:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
First I'm hearing of any of this. Pretty sure if it was true it would be all over different discussion boards.

Sounds like some story picked up by a local news outlet. Nothing buy hearsay.
View Quote

Apparently the only news you get is mainstream media.

A quick spot check on google.

The Blaze

http://conservativetribune.com/citizen-militia-shut-down-bridges/

http://www.dcclothesline.com/2014/09/13/militia-threatens-block-border-traffic-texas/

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/opinions/editorials/article/EDITORIAL-State-officials-must-speak-out-against-5752541.php

http://www.westernjournalism.com/militia-vows-take-immigration-problem-blocking-international-bridges-texas/

Hopefully this will be peaceful.  
Notice the mainstream media has NOT covered the massive influx lately.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 3:45:49 PM EDT
[#9]
http://www.krgv.com/news/militia-members-arrested-in-brownsville/?fullsite

BROWNSVILLE - The leader of a border volunteer group says he will not allow two members back on his camp once they are released from county jail.

The arrests are detrimental to the group's agenda, he said.

Officials say Steven Kurt Brooks, one of the group's members, left a handgun behind at the restroom at a Stripes Store. Brooks doesn't have a concealed handgun license.

Brooks was arrested and charged with unlawfully carrying a weapon at a business that sells alcohol.

Cameron County Sheriff Omar Lucio said a second militia member, Richard Coonie Smith, tried to claim the gun.

Lucio said they knew Smith wasn't the person on the surveillance video. He was arrested and charged with making a false police report.

"They were volunteers who came in from another state. They were here to help us on the border," K.C. Massey said.

Massey is the leader at Camp Lonestar. The operation is nestled on private property against the border fence south of Brownsville.

"We will not allow them back into the camp," Massey said.

"I can't explain or say why he did what he did. I can tell you it is against what we tell people to do here at camp," Massey said.

The arrests mark the second incident involving members from Camp Lonestar.
Last month a Border Patrol agent opened fire on an armed volunteer. The man was not injured.

Lucio said authorities are concerned about the group's presence in the region.

"We don't know who they are," he said.

Massey said they don't accept volunteers who are on probation or parole.

He says they have already kicked out four people. Smith and Brooks will make that number six.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 4:07:23 PM EDT
[#10]
From the groups FB page, while I agree with the end result and what they want. The method they seem to have chosen is going to end badly for them.

Patriotsinformationhotline shared Stasyi Barth's event.
Aug 17 · Edited ·
SHUT IT DOWN!

September 20, 2014

We are but a small representation of Americans who are unsettled and deeply concerned with our current Administration, in all branches of Federal and State governments. Our mission is to Shut Down, every United States’ Port of Entry on the Southern Border, until our Goals are met.

By doing this, we will stop approximately 1.4 Billions dollars of trade, per day, from going into, and out of, Mexico and The United States of America.

This action will force the elected officials in The United States and Mexico, to come up with a permanent and legitimate solution for dealing with the Illegal Immigration issue, enforce our rule of law, and bring our Marine, Sgt. Tahmooressi, home. This protects all American citizens and those legal immigrants who wish to come here the legal way.

The Border Shut Down will remain in place, until our Goals are met, in writing, from both the United States and the Mexican governments. Our Goals, as follows, are non-negotiable:

1. Immediately and unconditionally, release Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi.

2. Give the United States Border Patrol and ICE Agents back their authority to complete their job and defend the immigration laws of The United States.

3. A clear plan of action to permanently seal off our Southern border, by means of an electrified fence with razor wire (or similar equivalent) and adding any and all additional Border Patrol Agents and militarized National Guard members needed to further deter any unauthorized entry. The Southern border MUST be sealed.

4. Allow Border Patrol Officers and ICE Agents to detain and remove, any and all illegal aliens, especially including armed gang members, cartel members, and drug mules; overturning current procedure. End “catch and release”, permanently.

5. All blanket foreign aid bookmarked for Mexico is immediately halted and reallocated to assist Mexico in securing their own safety, sovereignty and financial success for their citizens.

6. Mexico is held responsible for 50% of all of the costs associated with The United States’ processing and return of all illegal aliens, entering via the Mexican border with the United States. This includes, but is not limited to, temporary holding facilities, medical care, clothing, food, bathing essentials, transportation, etc.

7. All illegal aliens are to be deported immediately to their Country of origin. Their home country will be responsible for the remaining 50% of the costs associated with the processing and return of their citizens, as mentioned above.

8. Repeal the Trust Act and enforce all Federal Immigration Laws, ensuring there are no more Sanctuary Cities.

9. End all Federal and State Government financial, educational and medical assistance to all illegal aliens.

10. Pass a Federal law stating that any company or organization, willfully employing an illegal alien will be charged with a felony, if a sole proprietor, or a 1 million dollar fine for a corporation, per instance.

May God Bless America and the citizens that stand in defense of her!
SHUT IT DOWN!
Saturday, September 20 at 8:00am in PDT
All Southern Border Ports of Entry
116 people are going
Like·Comment·Share
9 people like this.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 4:15:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
From the groups FB page, while I agree with the end result and what they want. The method they seem to have chosen is going to end badly for them.

Patriotsinformationhotline shared Stasyi Barth's event.
Aug 17 · Edited ·
SHUT IT DOWN!

September 20, 2014

We are but a small representation of Americans who are unsettled and deeply concerned with our current Administration, in all branches of Federal and State governments. Our mission is to Shut Down, every United States’ Port of Entry on the Southern Border, until our Goals are met.

By doing this, we will stop approximately 1.4 Billions dollars of trade, per day, from going into, and out of, Mexico and The United States of America.

This action will force the elected officials in The United States and Mexico, to come up with a permanent and legitimate solution for dealing with the Illegal Immigration issue, enforce our rule of law, and bring our Marine, Sgt. Tahmooressi, home. This protects all American citizens and those legal immigrants who wish to come here the legal way.

The Border Shut Down will remain in place, until our Goals are met, in writing, from both the United States and the Mexican governments. Our Goals, as follows, are non-negotiable:

1. Immediately and unconditionally, release Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi.

2. Give the United States Border Patrol and ICE Agents back their authority to complete their job and defend the immigration laws of The United States.

3. A clear plan of action to permanently seal off our Southern border, by means of an electrified fence with razor wire (or similar equivalent) and adding any and all additional Border Patrol Agents and militarized National Guard members needed to further deter any unauthorized entry. The Southern border MUST be sealed.

4. Allow Border Patrol Officers and ICE Agents to detain and remove, any and all illegal aliens, especially including armed gang members, cartel members, and drug mules; overturning current procedure. End “catch and release”, permanently.

5. All blanket foreign aid bookmarked for Mexico is immediately halted and reallocated to assist Mexico in securing their own safety, sovereignty and financial success for their citizens.

6. Mexico is held responsible for 50% of all of the costs associated with The United States’ processing and return of all illegal aliens, entering via the Mexican border with the United States. This includes, but is not limited to, temporary holding facilities, medical care, clothing, food, bathing essentials, transportation, etc.

7. All illegal aliens are to be deported immediately to their Country of origin. Their home country will be responsible for the remaining 50% of the costs associated with the processing and return of their citizens, as mentioned above.

8. Repeal the Trust Act and enforce all Federal Immigration Laws, ensuring there are no more Sanctuary Cities.

9. End all Federal and State Government financial, educational and medical assistance to all illegal aliens.

10. Pass a Federal law stating that any company or organization, willfully employing an illegal alien will be charged with a felony, if a sole proprietor, or a 1 million dollar fine for a corporation, per instance.

May God Bless America and the citizens that stand in defense of her!
SHUT IT DOWN!
Saturday, September 20 at 8:00am in PDT
All Southern Border Ports of Entry
116 people are going
Like·Comment·Share
9 people like this.

View Quote

Yup, this will work

ETA: exactly what planet it this dipshit from?????
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 4:27:03 PM EDT
[#12]
IMO this is a bad idea.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 4:31:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Planet tinfoil, their FB page is full of idiocy. Saying Perry has given control of the border to the cartels and no one is down there except for the militia kooks. Another posting is for their "needs" which are prepaid debit cards and fuel cards. There are two that are in special need and desperately need it, they make no mention of why. Bet its the two that went to jail.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:27:38 AM EDT
[#14]
isolated incident?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:49:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Well it is getting to the point where you ask yourself what else do you do?  Trust the FED/LE to handle this?  Go join some costume wearing militia members?  It is so bad in our country right now that it would be like me renting a single engine plane and flying towards a hurricane and hoping my farts would push it back to where it came from.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:14:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What a shitshow.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The "fact" is all they are doing now is getting in the way of the state and federal agencies that are there 24/7. You obviously have no idea what is going on down there other than what you might read on the internet. You're not going to see the interdiction that is going on behind the walls, along and on the river. They may seem to be doing something because they want the publicity.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps not, But I would like to know something is being done. And what.  What I have seen is a whole lot of catch and release.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:25:32 PM EDT
[#18]
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texas/2014/09/10/Militiaman-Fired-on-by-Border-Patrol-Agent-Could-Face-Charges
A militia member who was fired upon by a U.S. Border Patrol agent who was pursuing illegal immigrants could face federal or state charges. John Frederick Foerster was in the possession of a firearm at the time the Border Patrol agent fired on him and has since been discovered to be a convicted felon.
View Quote

Well, pretty sure they lost any credibility they ever had. First they kick out 6 guys for who knows what, then one of their members is a felon with a rifle. Gee, wonder how many more felons are in their ranks. At this point they are doing more harm than good in trying to persuade other Americans to realize why we need to combat illegal immigration. They aren't wanted locally as it is, if they do their border bridge protest and actually block traffic they're gonna get the 99%er treatment from local LEOs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top