Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/14/2014 11:08:22 AM EDT
Had a phone conversation about a possible job & move there.    I have two kids (15yrs & 12yrs), married, etc....   We like to boat, beaches, and warm weather.   Plus shooting and typical school athletics and clubs for the kids.  (Wrestling, soccer, JROTC).

What is it like?     I've looked at the demographics online, but figured you guys could add some practical knowledge.    Only experience w/ TX is living in Orange for about 2yrs.    Thanks folks.  

-Jh
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 12:00:12 PM EDT
[#1]
You will get a mix of responses here.  To qualify, I was a cop in Corpus for a decade, and today am still close to  LE by virtue of my current job.  I voluntarily brought my family back in 2013

Corpus has a similar crime rate as other like sized towns.  The economy is booming right now.  There are several new large companies building in Corpus.  The unemployment rate is less than the state average.

If you like hunting and fishing, you cannot go wrong here.   Sports, we have minor league Baseball and Hockey.  Lots for the kiddos to do.  Texas State Aquarium, USS Lexington, several museums, etc.   There are several dolphin tour places.  Rent jet skis, etc.  We have one water park, and Schlitterbaun is building on the island.  

We seldom eat at chain restaurants anymore because of all of the great local ones.  

We are on a horseshoe shaped bay, and we have beaches that are on that bay.  In addition, North Padre Island is part Corpus.  Just a quick drive across the intracoastal waterway to the Island are Gulf of Mexico beaches.  

The weather is humid, but winters are mild.  

I am a fan of Corpus.  Others will be along to tell you what they dislike.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 5:09:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks man.  Appreciate it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I liked it when I lived there, but I lived there less than one year, and that was  over 30 years ago.  So I can't really help much.

At the time, there were a lot of tar balls in the ocean, and on the beach, which made it unusable as far as I was concerned.   But, I've heard that situation has been cleaned up, and that things are much better now.  Perhaps someone with current knowledge can expand on this a little.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You will get a mix of responses here.  To qualify, I was a cop in Corpus for a decade, and today am still close to  LE by virtue of my current job.  I voluntarily brought my family back in 2013

Corpus has a similar crime rate as other like sized towns.  The economy is booming right now.  There are several new large companies building in Corpus.  The unemployment rate is less than the state average.

If you like hunting and fishing, you cannot go wrong here.   Sports, we have minor league Baseball and Hockey.  Lots for the kiddos to do.  Texas State Aquarium, USS Lexington, several museums, etc.   There are several dolphin tour places.  Rent jet skis, etc.  We have one water park, and Schlitterbaun is building on the island.  

We seldom eat at chain restaurants anymore because of all of the great local ones.  

We are on a horseshoe shaped bay, and we have beaches that are on that bay.  In addition, North Padre Island is part Corpus.  Just a quick drive across the intracoastal waterway to the Island are Gulf of Mexico beaches.  

View Quote

I'm going to agree with everything said here.  I moved to CC about a year ago and I've seen lots of progress in just that short time.  The city is doing very well economically and it certainly feels like things will continue to grow.  

Regarding schools I'd look very carefully.  Calallen and Portland are generally recognized as the best schools in the area.  CCISD does not have the best reputation, however, they are building a new High School and Junior High that will cover the part of town known as "southside".  I think this will significantly improve the school district in the long term.  

Housing is booming right now.  If you're planning on buying I would not wait too long.  There is a significant shortage due to the oil boom and prices are rising quickly.  I signed a contract to build a house in Jan 2014.  I close on that house in a couple of week.  If I signed today to build that exact same house it would cost me about 30% more.  The local realtors and builders associations anticipate the housing shortage to last for at least the next 10 years.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:04:04 PM EDT
[#5]
OP please don't think I'm trying to hijack your thread but I'd like to ask the CC guys how the winter is, we're going to spend January in Port Aransas. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:34:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
OP please don't think I'm trying to hijack your thread but I'd like to ask the CC guys how the winter is, we're going to spend January in Port Aransas. Thanks
View Quote

What's winter?
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 10:17:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What's winter?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's winter?

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 10:31:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

You wear your nicest sandals to Christmas dinner.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 10:35:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Funny, my BIL's house is going on the market in two weeks down there.  Nice place.  I am kicking him for moving and selling, but his wife found better work here in Austin and he works the oil field (geologist) so he can be anywhere.

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 11:00:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Funny, my BIL's house is going on the market in two weeks down there.  Nice place.  I am kicking him for moving and selling, but his wife found better work here in Austin and he works the oil field (geologist) so he can be anywhere.

View Quote

It's a stretch.  If I lose my job here in TN it is a possibility though for moving down.  Figured I'd see what our TX brethren had to say.  Thanks for the replies gentlemen.     I think I could handle being back on the Gulf.  (South MS, born & raised).
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 11:04:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Texas beaches are nothing to brag about so don't get your expectations up.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 11:26:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

You ever lived in Corpus, or even been on one of the beaches here!   Or is your experience with Corpus about the same as it is with Law enforcement topics you like to pop off about; zero.....

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:42:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

C'mon guys lay off him.  He's new.  

OP Corpus is a nice town.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 6:28:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  I'm from Baton Rouge, moved to Corpus about 7-8 years ago for work.  The city is ok.  It has a crap load of potential, but the city planning/council seems to hold the city back from what I see.  The beaches are one thing the city should focus on as a money maker, yet they neglect them.  During seaweed season (half the year) you can't enjoy the beaches bc there is  seaweed that's about 3-4 ft thick.  It should be picked up every Friday for the weekends, but it gets picked up probably once a month.  Corpus doesn't have a leg to stand on compared to FL beaches, however you can drive on the beaches here (which is probably why they aren't great beaches).

The food is decent, but being on the coast, seafood isn't as good as it should be.  Traffic isn't bad compared to big cities.  Crime is typical of a city that size, it really depends where you live.  

Lots of DUI's and hit and runs though.  More than I ever saw in BR.

People are nice for the most part.

As far as winters, ha.  I was wearing shorts and no shirt on the beach on Christmas eve the last few years.

The wind always blows which is good in the hot ass heat.  The humidity is here, but nothing compared to LA.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:55:52 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

The thousands of people who visit Texas beaches will disagree with you of course.

Nobody said it was Key West, for sure but I've never been by a Corpus beach in the summer that was not jam packed.

OP:

With that said, the beaches are the least of your concern.  The rest of it will serve you well.  We've been there several times over the years and its a nice area.

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:07:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This.  I'm from Baton Rouge, moved to Corpus about 7-8 years ago for work.  The city is ok.  It has a crap load of potential, but the city planning/council seems to hold the city back from what I see.  The beaches are one thing the city should focus on as a money maker, yet they neglect them.  During seaweed season (half the year) you can't enjoy the beaches bc there is  seaweed that's about 3-4 ft thick.  It should be picked up every Friday for the weekends, but it gets picked up probably once a month.  Corpus doesn't have a leg to stand on compared to FL beaches, however you can drive on the beaches here (which is probably why they aren't great beaches).

The food is decent, but being on the coast, seafood isn't as good as it should be.  Traffic isn't bad compared to big cities.  Crime is typical of a city that size, it really depends where you live.  

As far as winters, ha.  I was wearing shorts and no shirt on the beach on Christmas eve the last few years.

The wind always blows which is good in the hot ass heat.  The humidity is here, but nothing compared to LA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The city council and local government is one of the most inept governments I've ever seen.  I've never seen a place so willing to sabotage itself.  

Pros: you can throw a rock in any direction and hit a Whataburger

Cons: it's old, run down, poorly managed and kept up.  Highway traffic is minimal, but sideroad traffic is crazy bad.

I love my hometown but like most people who can, I left.

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You ever lived in Corpus, or even been on one of the beaches here!   Or is your experience with Corpus about the same as it is with Law enforcement topics you like to pop off about; zero.....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1) NO
2) Yes and refer to above (after stepping on jelly fish one evening, I swore never to return)
3) Just stating a fact - Texas beaches are nothing to brag about.  I just did a quick search and found Top 25 US beaches - South Padre was #22 which I'd expect due to the party environment during fun season but having visited multiple times off season, it is usually full of fat locals.

Here's a very recent story I just pulled which is dated June 29, 2014:

Ropes Park: Top 10 Dirtiest Beach in America, Report Finds

CORPUS CHRISTI:A national environmental report lists three Nueces county beaches as among the dirtiest in Texas and one as the worst in the country.

The National Resources Defense Council says Ropes Park along Ocean Avenue was found to be one of the top 10 dirtiest beaches in America.
The report claims a combination of trash on the shoreline, in addition to wastewater runoff from nearby storm drains is causing dangerous bacteria levels in the water and in soil samples.

One group of people were out cleaning the beach Sunday, the group of roughly eight people, were able to fill at least nine large garbage bags in less than an hour.
During their cleanup, they find a cache of disposed needles, bundled in wrap that had come off, exposing some of the needles.
"It makes it scary because if you have little children who come play on the beach, you never know what they're going to step on, what they're going to run into and it was just laying there" said Rosanna Gossett upon finding the needles.

Ropes Park has appeared on this list before, but never this high.
Nearby Cole park, Poenisch park and Laguna Shores also rated among the state's worst.
Texas as a whole rated 16th out of 30 beachside states in water quality.

So, I'll stand by my comment that Texas beaches are nothing to brag about.  I'd much prefer to spend my summer playing around the pretty people on the French Riviera...

There was a previous thread that basically summed up that Corpus Christi isn't that nice a plac.  Sorry you've chosen to make that your home.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:22:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The thousands of people who visit Texas beaches will disagree with you of course.

Nobody said it was Key West, for sure but I've never been by a Corpus beach in the summer that was not jam packed.

OP:

With that said, the beaches are the least of your concern.  The rest of it will serve you well.  We've been there several times over the years and its a nice area.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP:

Texas beaches are far better than Key West beaches every day of the week. That's because Key West doesn't have beaches. Well, they have one private one, but even it sucks.

I lived in Corpus for 2 years and loved it. This was pre-Rudy's. They opened the Rudy's the day I moved. Go figure.

If you get bored in that town, you have issues. Lots of fishing, lots of biking, lots of just being outside. Winters are luke warm, Summers are warm. As others have mentioned, the wind blows, and boy does it blow. It is a kite surferes mecca. Some of the best Tex Mex you will ever have. there is a HUGE hispanic population there, but they are 4th and 5th generation Mexicans. Down Town has a ton of potential, but is just dull... they don't do anything there ever, and half of the buildings are vacant.
I lived off Ocean Dr. in the "nice" part of corpus and we never had a problem with crime, however the one night I did a ride along, we were first to respond to a murder, and there was a dui crash that killed 3. So shit happens there, but no more than any other part.

Be weary of Hurricanes. I think they are do for one now.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:22:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

OP:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP:

How many beaches have you been to?  I'd wager that the majority of the beach goers are locals or Texans too cheap/lazy to travel to a real beach destination.  Spring Break doesn't count since most kids are going to drink.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:47:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
How many beaches have you been to?  I'd wager that the majority of the beach goers are locals or Texans too cheap/lazy to travel to a real beach destination.  Spring Break doesn't count since most kids are going to drink.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OP:

Well, if the OP MOVED THERE he would be a LOCAL wouldn't he.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:59:05 PM EDT
[#21]
I live in San Antonio currently, and I drive to Corpus and PINS several times a year. I love it down there! I guess I got a little salt water in the blood. Just a beach bum at heart!

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:19:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP:

Defending my original statement that another member crapped on.  As stated, Texas beaches are nothing to brag about - like a bald guy bragging about that lone strand of hair on his forehead.  It's nothing special but that's all he's got.  Corpus is not a tourist destination outside of Texas but something nice for the locals to visit.  What does that tell you?  One selling point is the ability to park/camp on the beaches which isn't allowed in other countries.  My German friends loved camping at North Padre Island but were not impressed when they jumped in the water.

Do a Google search on Best beaches Corpus, then Worst beaches Corpus.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:26:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Defending my original statement that another member crapped on.  As stated, Texas beaches are nothing to brag about - like a bald guy bragging about that lone strand of hair on his forehead.  It's nothing special but that's all he's got.  Corpus is not a tourist destination outside of Texas but something nice for the locals to visit.  What does that tell you?  One selling point is the ability to park/camp on the beaches which isn't allowed in other countries.  My German friends loved camping at North Padre Island but were not impressed when they jumped in the water.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP:

You're right.

Texas beaches are the horriblest ever...in the whole wide world, even. We gots the icky sands and there's, like seaweed, in the sea. Crazy! And sometimes, there are fish and super scary jellyfishes and wild crabs just roaming in packs and shit! And the water, oh dear fucking Christ on a stick! The water! Them godamn postcards lied. It ain't anywhere near that clear. I felt soooo cheated and ashamed to be from Texas, that state on the Gulf Coast.

Just funnin ya!
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:06:19 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote
I echo his sentiments.  Lived in Rockport. ...now live on north Padre. ..fishing and hunting here are great.   Good people...good city.

Economy is.on freaking fire down here.

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:30:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I echo his sentiments.  Lived in Rockport. ...now live on north Padre. ..fishing and hunting here are great.   Good people...good city.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is making the economy on fire?
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:11:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oil and Gas.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:34:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Not a bad town,  Property taxes are high and the city council is  about as  competent as a cage of  drunk monkeys. (It's alwasy been that way, I have no idea why)   Traffic can be irritating.  Esp on  long weekends.  Grew up there and have a few family there still.  DON'T leave things unsecured in a vehicle.  Stay away during spring break.

Be making my last offshore fishing trip of the season this week if the weather holds.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:34:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

wish gun sales were

OP, live in Portland and commute to corpus
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:17:12 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
wish gun sales were

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

wish gun sales were

Some good deals on houses can be had in Portland…and their tax base is expected to double in the next 3-4 years…if you can imagine that.

I moved to NPI (North Padre Island) because I found myself driving all the way from Rockport every weekend to fish.  Now, the Bob Hall Pier is less than a mile from my house, and I am exactly 11 miles to the gate at PINS.

Housing prices on the Island are freaking nuts right now…we closed on our house on Feb 14th of this year, and our price per square foot was right under $104.  Right now it's upwards of $130 a square foot for a new house, and houses on canals are even more out of sight.

FYI, if you do move to NPI, the taxes on canal lots are substantially higher than on non-canal lots.

As for the economy, the Coastal Bend is going to be short roughly 7000-8000 construction jobs…in other words, we have a serious shortage of labor here.  Our port is expanding, we are getting a LNG Export Terminal, and Valero is going nuts, in addition to all of the other oil and gas jobs, there is still a TON of commercial construction work and residential work going on in the area.

Barring some sort of calamity, we are in for about a decade long roll.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 3:03:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Appreciate the replies all.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:03:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very accurate description.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:14:22 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm moving there from New York at the end of the month.   Can't wait to get back to Texas.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:35:06 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I'm moving there from New York at the end of the month.   Can't wait to get back to Texas.
View Quote
Get here...come buy guns...vote for Greg Abbott.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:45:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Water Street Oyster Bar
Whataburger

Ship Ahoy (Gone but not forgotten)
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:22:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
<snip>
I lived in Corpus for 2 years and loved it. This was pre-Rudy's. They opened the Rudy's the day I moved. Go figure.

If you get bored in that town, you have issues. Lots of fishing, lots of biking, lots of just being outside. Winters are luke warm, Summers are warm. As others have mentioned, the wind blows, and boy does it blow. It is a kite surferes mecca. Some of the best Tex Mex you will ever have. there is a HUGE hispanic population there, but they are 4th and 5th generation Mexicans. Down Town has a ton of potential, but is just dull... they don't do anything there ever, and half of the buildings are vacant.
I lived off Ocean Dr. in the "nice" part of corpus and we never had a problem with crime, however the one night I did a ride along, we were first to respond to a murder, and there was a dui crash that killed 3. So shit happens there, but no more than any other part.

Be weary of Hurricanes. I think they are do for one now.
View Quote

I lived in Corpus Christi most of my life.
I grew up there, whet to school there and because my dad was a Navy pilot, we lived in Flour Bluff.
I went back there to go to college after the army and got my first post-college job there.

While I agree with most all of what BCV posted,

You can get bored there if you live there long enough.
As for BBQ, Cotton's BBQ in Robstown is pretty good,
but with the Hispanic population, the Tex-Mex is really good.

I will also point out that the Hispanics are 4-5 generation Texans, not Mexicans.
My wife never identifies herself as anything other than Texan.

As for winters,
I remember once in the 70's it snowed and they let us out of school early for the day.
I scrapped the snow off of 3 cars and made 2 snowballs.

As for the beaches.
I grew up on the beach. While I can agree that there are nicer beaches around the world,
I like the fact that I can drive down Padre Island, and camp out of my truck on an overnight fishing trip.

Trash washing up on the beach is a problem,
however, jellyfish, seaweed and the tar balls are natural.
Believe it or not, there are accounts of Spanish explorers mentioning using the tar on the beaches to seal their boats. (long before the oil rigs came to be)
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:55:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Water Street Oyster Bar
Whataburger

View Quote

There were two Ship Ahoy locations.  The bayfront and on Ocean Drive at Ennis Joslin, near A&M.  They Ennis Joslin location was recently torn down.  It had been a barbacue joint and  a nightclub...  I was sad....
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:26:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

There were two Ship Ahoy locations.  The bayfront and on Ocean Drive at Ennis Joslin, near A&M.  They Ennis Joslin location was recently torn down.  It had been a barbacue joint and  a nightclub...  I was sad....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Water Street Oyster Bar
Whataburger

As were all of us who knew Ship Ahoy.  "The best shrimp in the world".  They STILL won't tell anybody what the salad dressing recipe was.

The City just recently tore down the Memorial Coliseum.  Now THAT had ALL the old-timers upset.  I saw Merle Haggard there in the early '70's.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:43:57 AM EDT
[#38]
The city council is stupid and corrupt, although I would say they are probably more stupid than corrupt and probably not as bad as other cities.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:12:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

not anymore

burned to the ground and the fucker never rebuilt
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:13:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

As were all of us who knew Ship Ahoy.  "The best shrimp in the world".  They STILL won't tell anybody what the salad dressing recipe was.

The City just recently tore down the Memorial Coliseum.  Now THAT had ALL the old-timers upset.  I saw Merle Haggard there in the early '70's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Water Street Oyster Bar
Whataburger

that kinda sorta not quite thousand island stuff?

not certain there wasn't a location in sinton as well, I can remember going there as a yute
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:27:52 PM EDT
[#41]
If you're real old Corpus you remember The Red Barn just north of Calallen. I think the burned out shell is still there.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:53:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

not anymore

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

not anymore

crap

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

not anymore

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

not anymore

His nephew opened up cottons in calallen. Everyone says its the same. I live across the st but have never tried it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:20:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Corpus has the Hooks, AA affiliate of the Houston Astros. Good place to see future talent and stars on rehab assignments. Whataburger Field is a damn nice park. I set up  a game there for my little leaguers, they have a youth field beyond centerfield.

They also have the Ice Rays hockey team. I loved watching them play the RGV Killer Bees, it was more of a brawl than a hockey game.

They have the American Bank Center which brings in big name artists, shows and events.

Fishing is the shit around there...wish I hadn't moved to San Antonio.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:21:20 AM EDT
[#45]
I live in Portland have kids in school. If you want the best schools either Portland or Callallen, but if your kids want to stick with wrestling they'll have to go to one of the Corpus schools no wrestling in P-town.

ETA: Fishing is fun on the flats and there is some really good duck hunting also.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 8:48:34 PM EDT
[#46]
It's not a bad place. We drive the hour down every so often. As for those complaining about the beaches, they aren't Miami beach, but they aren't that bad. Picture isn't mine, but this is what it looked like a few days back.

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:03:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It's not a bad place. We drive the hour down every so often. As for those complaining about the beaches, they aren't Miami beach, but they aren't that bad. Picture isn't mine, but this is what it looked like a few days back.

<a href="http://s117.photobucket.com/user/dragginass06/media/Mobile%20Uploads/991491B0-CF0A-4118-98BD-48F48B111CC8_zpsdpfkivxp.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o80/dragginass06/Mobile%20Uploads/991491B0-CF0A-4118-98BD-48F48B111CC8_zpsdpfkivxp.jpg</a>
View Quote

Very nice!

I'll be camped out way down PINS next week. Seriously looking forward to it!

P.S. Oh, and fuck the haters!
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:48:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Water Street Oyster Bar
Whataburger

My senior prom was at the Memorial Coliseum.  I graduated in 1962
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 3:32:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Is the jazz music festival worth driving down there for?
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 9:30:02 AM EDT
[#50]
It is a town with tremendous potential, and completely, and utterly, unexplored.

This town could be slamming, and increase it's tax base, tourism, and job market to rival anywhere else, IMHO.

It just isn't.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top