Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2014 8:43:35 PM EDT
Ive about had it with AT&T.  Want to switch to something else and have been seeing advertisements locally that tmobile would pay my early termination fees that at&t would hit me with when I cancel.
Only downside is the poor coverage ive heard that tmobile has outside city limits.

Anyone want to talk me out of getting tmobile?
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:34:22 PM EDT
[#1]
What about Sprint?  I left AT&T about 4 1/2 years ago after being with AT&T for ages...........way back before they were AT&T (Mcaw Communications or something like that) and cell phones came with a battery in a bag and charges were charged $9.99 - .99 by the minute.  We got sick of the dropped calls and spotty coverage and extreme lack of customer service.  Granted I don't think there is a cellular service out there that has a customer service desk worth a crap.  We have been very happy with Sprint and haven't looked back after switching.  We recently upgraded to the LG G3 (best phone I have ever put my hands on) after having both of the HTC EVO phones.  You might want to give them a look.

I have a close friend that has T-Mobile and is very happy with their service.  He switched from AT&T as well.  He had the same comments you did about outer-metro coverage being spotty sometimes.  He just did a 9 ballpark road trip across the east coast and midwest and had some issues when going between cities that were stretched pretty far apart and when it some of the outer areas.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:44:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm pretty happy with Tmobile. We get a discount with them from my husband's company. We rarely get out into truly rural areas with no signal,  and don't notice since we aren't usually messing with the phones when we are out hiking.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:59:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ive about had it with AT&T.  Want to switch to something else and have been seeing advertisements locally that tmobile would pay my early termination fees that at&t would hit me with when I cancel.
Only downside is the poor coverage ive heard that tmobile has outside city limits.

Anyone want to talk me out of getting tmobile?
View Quote

You and me both.  Pretty much stuck with their DSL since it is the only thing available other than sat and wireless and the mobile service has been severely sucking here lately.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:48:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

No other carrier is going to have the coverage that AT&T has in North Texas.  Too bad AT&T sucks in just about every other aspect...
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 2:16:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No other carrier is going to have the coverage that AT&T has in North Texas.  Too bad AT&T sucks in just about every other aspect...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I keep hearing complaints, but in general never specific.

I've been with AT&T for 4 years and am a happy customer.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 11:26:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I never traveled, I'd be a happy wireless customer of Cingular/AT&T for almost 15 years now.  Unfortunately, I've been to cities where I couldn't have a phone call longer than ten minutes without dropping the call.  I've had several horrible experiences with customer service, and, unrelated to their wireless, I'm stuck with AT&T DSL as the only broadband ISP available to my home and I'm forced to overpay for DSL that is barely faster than dialup at times.

That said, I wouldn't recommend any other wireless service to anyone in North Texas.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 11:52:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Tmobile has been really good to my family.
4 lines for the past 8 years...

I especially LOVE the fact that I can stream  Pandora without using any
of my data plan..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top