Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2014 1:15:27 AM EDT
I know of EE etc, but I'm having the toughest time selling a DD 12" rail, locally or otherwise. I've tried two lgs (I'm in San Antonio), the gun show today, another site, the EE...the thing will not move.  The lgs and gun show looked at me like I was selling diamond coated rails and "the lesser brands do basically the same thing".

I won't do FB and prefer f2f...what is the best medium to get rid of this damn thing?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:24:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried armslist or Texas gun reader?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:26:16 AM EDT
[#2]
No experience with either. Kind of miffed its been so challenging and wasn't looking to go that route.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:47:01 AM EDT
[#3]
How much are you trying to get?

Boot.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:42:13 PM EDT
[#4]
My experience is that if you price it right, anything will sell. Either the EE here or Texas Gun Trader seem to be the best places to sell. If you are trying to get anywhere near list price on an "accessory", then it will never sell. As a general rule I have had lots of luck picking up accessories (rails, lights, sights, etc.) at about 50% of the best retail price I can find on the net (which may mean you price at 35%-45% of MSRP). If you are asking more than that, then just plan to sit on it for a while. It is not a matter of he site you are posting on, it is a matter of you pricing it too high for the market.  Something like your DD rail is a somewhat niche market anyway so not a lot of folks really looking for a used one specifically. Your are more likely to sell it to someone that thinks "hey, for just 10% more I can get a used DD rail versus a generic new one". Once that 10% premium goes above 20% or so, you completely loose that segment of buyers.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 1:05:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Rockhound must find the best prices around as I regularly see higher quality accessories like yours go for 60-70% MSRP.  I'll most likely be selling a couple DD rails in the near future as well and have looked into what comparable items have actually sold for.  12" Lite probably $200, Lite2 $250, and RIS2 over $300 - all about 60% what DD lists them for.  I'd like to know who has gotten a 12"  M4 rail in perfect condition for under $150.

I like using the EE here or M4carbine as it is easier to check history/feedback and I have had many transactions both ways go smoothly.  Buyers on the EE are generally well educated since all they have to do is search as I have and find if your price sucks.  Your price is fair but you combined items which generally will make them more difficult to sell.  Sell the vfg separately (as well as the covers...or just throw them in as a bonus since they aren't too much $).  Some may not be aware of the M4/Lite3 shorter bottom rail so won't necessarily be looking for it or the premium over the Lite2 in the used market.  Lastly, time.  I noticed your ad went up yesterday.... not everyone has email alerts and constantly searches for DD rails.  They are a more exclusive item and yours will probably sell in a week or so.  I just post something and forget until I might remember to bump after 4 or 5 days.  If you really need $ now, you'll have to lower the price to $250.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:47:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Most everything I've ever sold on here has lasted ~24 hours. Most of those items were even picked up locally at my job, so I didn't even have to travel. I look at what similar items are actually selling for, then reduce 10%.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:47:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I've had the exact same problem trying to sell my DD 14" lite rail. No takers whatsoever. I might have to try texas gun trader.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:25:34 AM EDT
[#8]
If an item doesnt sell then youre obviously asking to much.  For example why would i buy a set of used rails with some cosmetic damage on the EE for $400 when i can get an identical brand new set for $350?  I dont know your situation but if you need to sell something quick then you need to price it to sell quick.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:13:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Which DD 12" rail and how much?

DD stuff is easy to sell, unless your asking for a buttload of cash.

Currently, there are only a few DD rails that should sell for a premium

The older style 12" M4 free float rails
Mk18 FSP RIS II
And the GL/SSC
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:15:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:33:02 PM EDT
[#11]
It has only been listed for two days.....give it time and drop the price until it moves.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:35:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Please, let's not ask the OP how much he's asking.

Try to help the guy out without turning this into a WTB/WTS thread.
View Quote

Sorry soowah, was trying to get to the same point as Rockhound, just not as tactfully.  

Boot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top