Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2014 9:58:08 PM EDT
"A Border Patrol agent pursuing a group of immigrants in a wooded area near the Texas-Mexico border on Friday fired several shots at an armed man who later identified himself as a militia member."

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/08/29/6078538/border-patrol-agent-fires-at-armed.html?rh=1
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:37:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, it just fits. I think militias, if they are going to do what they do, should do their best to operate during the day; things are confusing enough without it being dark too.
And BP has enough to worry about at all times.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 4:43:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm surprised it has taken this long for something like this to happen. As well intended as these militia members are, they need to realize they are just making things more difficult for BP agents!
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:57:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I can see both sides of this one. While I have mixed feelings about militia involvement. I do think that border patrol is completely overwhelmed. The fact the federal government refuses to help is enough to make me think it is intentional. I think at this point even if the state used them as volunteers in an auxiliary capacity it would at least send a good message to the well wishing good citizens of the state and a better message to Washington.
   Regardless, now is the time to at least change policy if not laws. I remember seeing plenty of shrimp boats with M2's on the deck at the coast in old home guard pics from WWII. I'm not saying that is the answer. But we did have a civilian home guard that was armed and willing to help. That was before the government distrusted its citizens. Watch the birdie! While we are focused on the civil unrest in Ferguson, Snooki, and football. We are losing a war on sovereignty. I know I will get dog piled by ever keyboard commando but I don't care. What I do care about is the future of Texas for all of us.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 7:49:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Did not identify his target before shooting at - and missing - 4 times. No love for that agent from me.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 4:23:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did not identify his target before shooting at - and missing - 4 times. No love for that agent from me.

View Quote

I assume you have first hand experience regarding the situation on the Texas/Mexico border from your Washington state location.

It's a war zone on the border. BP agents are in an impossible position. I have the utmost respect for each and every one of them (and I see them EVERY DAY)!

ETA: cut & paste from another thread -----

Imminent Terrorist Attack Warning By Feds on US Border

Islamic terrorist groups are operating in the Mexican border city of Ciudad Juarez and planning to attack the United States with car bombs or other vehicle born improvised explosive devices (VBIED). High-level federal law enforcement, intelligence and other sources have confirmed to Judicial Watch that a warning bulletin for an imminent terrorist attack on the border has been issued.  Agents across a number of Homeland Security, Justice and Defense agencies have all been placed on alert and instructed to aggressively work all possible leads and sources concerning this imminent terrorist threat.

My only issue is that the BP agent MISSED!
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 4:47:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I assume you have first hand experience regarding the situation on the Texas/Mexico border from your Washington state location.

It's a war zone on the border. BP agents are in an impossible position. I have the utmost respect for each and every one of them (and I see them EVERY DAY)!

Islamic terrorist groups are operating in the Mexican border city of Ciudad Juarez and planning to attack the United States with car bombs or other vehicle born improvised explosive devices (VBIED). High-level federal law enforcement, intelligence and other sources have confirmed to Judicial Watch that a warning bulletin for an imminent terrorist attack on the border has been issued.  Agents across a number of Homeland Security, Justice and Defense agencies have all been placed on alert and instructed to aggressively work all possible leads and sources concerning this imminent terrorist threat.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you really wish a citizen of  the US was shot on property he had permission to be on?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:12:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So you really wish a citizen of  the US was shot on property he had permission to be on?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

While not committing a crime or threatening action.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:14:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reading is fundamental. If you read carefully, my issue is with the fact that the agent fired four shots and MISSED. That is all. I made no assessment of his (or her) decision to shoot in the first place!
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:25:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Reading is fundamental. If you read carefully, my issue is with the fact that the agent fired four shots and MISSED. That is all. I made no assessment of his (or her) decision to shoot in the first place!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

RIF, remember it well from the 70's. The fact that is your only concern is my concern. I'm just glad for the agent and militia member nobody was hurt. I have hunted that area many times only to have my spotlighting interrupted by being spotlighted from a helicopter. I own a ranch and don't want myself or anyone else shot because I simply had a firearm and was on my property. Wait till it's you, I bet it will be different then? I hope it never is....
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:42:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are some paranoid people on this board, man.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:00:09 PM EDT
[#11]
That dipshit is extremely lucky that the guy he shot at dropped his gun. A lot of people wouldn't have that same reaction.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:30:03 PM EDT
[#12]
The militias have done nothing but get in the way, they were warned about situations like this.  Oh and for those of you blaming the agent, how would you react if someone  sneaks up to you in the brush with a rifle pointing at you?  Think about it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:44:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

The militias have done nothing but get in the way, they were warned about situations like this.  Oh and for those of you blaming the agent, how would you react if someone  sneaks up to you in the brush with a rifle pointing at you?  Think about it.
View Quote
Who said anything about pointing it at him?

It was an armed guy on property he was allowed to be on. That's like saying a game warden can shoot at you while hunting if he feels surprised by your presence.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:23:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Hope they don't shoot at hunters in deer season down there.  Geez.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:05:54 PM EDT
[#15]

I can see both sides.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 1:24:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top